Jump to content
MechSauce

How do i transfer my BoS from steam to standalone?

Recommended Posts

I rather just play IL2 in their standalone client, instead of having steam running.. i tried to just click the il2.exe but when i log in my account.. i cant access my BoS planes nor have any scripted missions available...

 

is this not possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i ran il2 through steam.. said something along the lines of.. "do you want to link this account, with the account u logged in with il2.exe "

 

i press the green button that says "Log in and link" 

 

took a good 5-10second, i was able to get in and fly my BoS modules...

 

 

but when i exited out of steam and ran il2 using the il2.exe file, i was asked to log in and when i did.. same problem occurred..

 

I was reading some old forum post saying i didnt have to download the standalone, i can just run il2 using the il2.exe.... ill update once i have downloaded the standalone and try loggin in from there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you bought through Steam there is no way to play it without Steam. Sorry. Limitation and requirement of Steam. You'll have to purchase BOS again through our website and create a new user account with a different email to get away from Steam. 

 

We give Steam users the ability to link your Steam BOS with other content on our site so you can buy other content on our site after  your initial purchase of BOS on Steam and use them together.

 

Our system and our interaction with Steam has evolved over time as Steam's requirements and technology has changed. Old information is likely not accurate any more.

 

Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

If you bought through Steam there is no way to play it without Steam. Sorry. Limitation and requirement of Steam. You'll have to purchase BOS again through our website and create a new user account with a different email to get away from Steam. 

 

We give Steam users the ability to link your Steam BOS with other content on our site so you can buy other content on our site after  your initial purchase of BOS on Steam and use them together.

 

Our system and our interaction with Steam has evolved over time as Steam's requirements and technology has changed. Old information is likely not accurate any more.

 

Jason

 

 

Is there any chance perhaps, you can removed my steam access and transfer my BoS to standalone? Or just give me access to BoS in standalone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I’m sorry we don’t. We don’t have access to Steam’s database to make such changes.

 

Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MechSauce do you really need that though? I too have a semi-steam, semi-store game and it works perfect. If you are experiencing issues perhaps someone can give you pointers in a specific thread 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, danielprates said:

@MechSauce do you really need that though? I too have a semi-steam, semi-store game and it works perfect. If you are experiencing issues perhaps someone can give you pointers in a specific thread 

 

 

its more of a free hassle thing, only thing i ever use steam for nowadays is il2.. and could use extra free workload without having all the other stuff steam has running in the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i have bos on steam and rest from web, and if i dont start steam i can lanch game from lancher and it works fine, and i never run it from steam since then.

 

So if you only have BoS that you got from steam maybe you have to buy some other DLC from web to be able to do it like that,

or just turn off steam app and lanch game from il.2 exe, it will ask you from mail and pass you use for forum, and it should run ok.  i see you already try this and didnt work, so its probably that you have to have some stuff from web store also, so next time buy DLC you wont from web store and try if that alows you to run it off steam like me

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

77.CountZero is correct. You can have some of it purchased over steam and some of it purchased directly through 1C and be able to run it by making a shortcut directly to the il-2.exe in the bin/game folder without needing steam running whatsoever. How much you need from 1C direct purchase for this to work (whether it is just a single add-on aircraft or an entire module), I do not know. (for reference - I have BOS and  my first two collector planes purchased on steam, and EVERYTHING else since then directly from 1C - and I have access to everything if I choose to use the non-steam connection I mentioned).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and good thing is you can just turn on steam when devs have game updates, and steam updates game for you, and then just turn steam app off and dont use it for play as you just use il-2.exe to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it pretty convenient to have the basegame (BoS) in steam. It downloads updates pretty fast and fully automated. I buy extensions here though, so that the devs get the maximum of their margin share.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm like many, I have a half and half setup, BOS and BOM in steam, BOK and BOBP bought direct.

same with my collector planes, mix of steam sales and direct purchase.

honestly set yourself to use steam and ensure it's linked it'll update everything for you via the steam updater.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a rather curious (and opposite) situation: I always bought my flying sims (RoF, BoS, DCS, etc) outside Steam, but now I was wondering if it is possible to put my BoS account INSIDE Steam, to be able to purchase new modules (i.e., Bodenplatte, FC, etc) on Steam. The reason? Well, my country reached an exchange rate of 1:4, so its like paying $320 for Bodenplatte or Flying Circus - each! (Using the Summer Sales, it would drop to $280, still heavy). To make things worst, I'm running on a very tight budget at the moment.
On Steam, they use a different rate for every country, trying to make the games cost more or less the "same proportion of your salary" in different parts of the globe - or at least it seems to.
Right now, spending the equivalent of $300 in a module is out of question, so I was thinking about moving to Steam and then purchase it with an additional 20% discount (which is more or less the difference Steam has on top of original web prices at the moment). Still salty I know (for my wallet), but at least I can somehow keep helping the development - the alternative is worst (not purchasing it).
Dunno if this is possible (somehow registering BoS purchased on 1C inside Steam and then purchase the rest on Steam).

Edited by jokerBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jokerBR said:

I have a rather curious (and opposite) situation: I always bought my flying sims (RoF, BoS, DCS, etc) outside Steam, but now I was wondering if it is possible to put my BoS account INSIDE Steam, to be able to purchase new modules (i.e., Bodenplatte, FC, etc) on Steam. The reason? Well, my country reached an exchange rate of 1:4, so its like paying $320 for Bodenplatte or Flying Circus - each! (Using the Summer Sales, it would drop to $280, still heavy). To make things worst, I'm running on a very tight budget at the moment.
On Steam, they use a different rate for every country, trying to make the games cost more or less the "same proportion of your salary" in different parts of the globe - or at least it seems to.
Right now, spending the equivalent of $300 in a module is out of question, so I was thinking about moving to Steam and then purchase it with an additional 20% discount (which is more or less the difference Steam has on top of original web prices at the moment). Still salty I know (for my wallet), but at least I can somehow keep helping the development - the alternative is worst (not purchasing it).
Dunno if this is possible (somehow registering BoS purchased on 1C inside Steam and then purchase the rest on Steam).

 

i think you would have to buy bos again from steam, maybe on next 66%+ sale. I dont think they give steam keys for BoS from here, but maybe ask support as your one of early founders by the look of your silver BoS so you realy didnt have any option when you got it long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 7:34 PM, jokerBR said:

I have a rather curious (and opposite) situation: I always bought my flying sims (RoF, BoS, DCS, etc) outside Steam, but now I was wondering if it is possible to put my BoS account INSIDE Steam, to be able to purchase new modules (i.e., Bodenplatte, FC, etc) on Steam. The reason? Well, my country reached an exchange rate of 1:4, so its like paying $320 for Bodenplatte or Flying Circus - each! (Using the Summer Sales, it would drop to $280, still heavy). To make things worst, I'm running on a very tight budget at the moment.
On Steam, they use a different rate for every country, trying to make the games cost more or less the "same proportion of your salary" in different parts of the globe - or at least it seems to.
Right now, spending the equivalent of $300 in a module is out of question, so I was thinking about moving to Steam and then purchase it with an additional 20% discount (which is more or less the difference Steam has on top of original web prices at the moment). Still salty I know (for my wallet), but at least I can somehow keep helping the development - the alternative is worst (not purchasing it).
Dunno if this is possible (somehow registering BoS purchased on 1C inside Steam and then purchase the rest on Steam).

 

I believe you can buy the modules from whichever source you wish, though you will not have access to any early access content, so you would have to wait for full release to get the Bodenplatte content for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TP_Silk said:

 

I believe you can buy the modules from whichever source you wish, though you will not have access to any early access content, so you would have to wait for full release to get the Bodenplatte content for example.

Well, I think I can purchase on the website and it will be linked to the Steam account in this case.

 

As for the rest, the migration from standalone to Steam was already done, and I've purchased Kuban as a test inside Steam. All content is available, except my "founder's skins". Those were lost, I've inquired support about getting them back, still waiting for an answer. Nothing that will break the game, though.

I need to start the game inside Steam, but this doesn't bother me. All in all, I've got what I wanted. Case closed, happy camper. 
Cheers.

 

EDIT: skins are indeed lost, confirmed by support.

Edited by jokerBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...