Jump to content
Jason_Williams

Scripted Campaign "Achtung Spitfire!" - Discussion

Recommended Posts

I am about to start Mission 17, so only 3 Missions left. I really love the Campaign and the night missions are pure fun,

 

Today I had a funny situation.…….while parked at the beginning of a Mission, while starting my engine, I watched a group of P-39´s entering the runway to start a sortie…...1 of those AI P-39´s went off the runway and crashed into a parking Yak, destroyed it completely, that looked funny and ridiculous.

 

Another Mission I started taxi to the runway in a row with my AI Squad mates, the AI Spitfire behind me was taxiing too fast and crashed into my tail, destroyed my Elevator, I had to start the Mission again.

The AI does sometimes real slapstick maneuvers.

Edited by spitfirejoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

I am about to start Mission 17, so only 3 Missions left. I really love the Campaign and the night missions are pure fun,

Thank you!!

 

17 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

1 of those AI P-39´s went off the runway and crashed into a parking Yak, destroyed it completely, that looked funny and ridiculous.

Those noobs huh, some times they do things like that (take off accident) but could happen IRL so..

 

17 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

Another Mission I started taxi to the runway in a row with my AI Squad mates, the AI Spitfire behind me was taxiing too fast and crashed into my tail, destroyed my Elevator, I had to start the Mission again.

The AI does sometimes real slapstick maneuvers.

He probably got mad at you for jumping on the line ;). As a rookie with the GIAP you are always last in a row.

 

Enjoy the rest of the campaign.

 

Haash

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This campaign is a real treat. 
only gotten to mission 5 because I do only one a day. So I follow the career time line. 
Expectation for every day. I havent enjoyed a campaign so much since I started one of my first in old IL 2 back in 2002

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just finished this campaign in VR on full realism. It was so very immersive and enjoyable, challenging and I felt very integrated into the mission role. As already reported there is the mission where a P-39 interferes with the rest of my flight  so I ended up flying the mission by myself. There was a later mission where the flight lead refused to take  off so again I flew the mission solo. Apart from anomolies like this, which I am well used to by now with flight sim AI, the whole experience was very much worth the price of the campaign and I want to congratulate everyone involved in its creation.

 

As the AI behaviour is improved and becomes more cohesive, reactive and subtle then I can look forward to re-flying this campaign for  an even deeper sense of  involvement.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another campaign finally finished and enjoyed, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

 

Where would we be without these superb scripted campaigns?

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VR has really bought this campaign alive for me.  Controlling the taxi to the runway in 2D is harder & a chore.  Congratulations on delivering such an amazing campaign.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to start this campaign, bought it a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Glad to read you guys enjoy it so far, thats what it was done for..

 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:23 AM, MADOV said:

I have just finished this campaign in VR on full realism. It was so very immersive and enjoyable, challenging and I felt very integrated into the mission role. As already reported there is the mission where a P-39 interferes with the rest of my flight  so I ended up flying the mission by myself. There was a later mission where the flight lead refused to take  off so again I flew the mission solo.

Could you remember which missions it were? I want to take a look since I dont want noone to fly mission solo, they are hard enough with a full wing..

 

15 hours ago, dburne said:

I really need to start this campaign, bought it a while ago.

After what happened to your SP campaign...I think you should start it yeah..and send some feedback as all others ;)

 

Haash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

 

After what happened to your SP campaign...I think you should start it yeah..and send some feedback as all others ;)

 

Haash

 

Lol yeah was thinking the same this morning.

Time to do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought it few days ago during the sale, but still didn't start it. Still learning some cool maneuvers in the 109's and enjoying while learning the Mig... But the next thing in my "to-do list" is this campaign, so sad Im a disaster with spits 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dburne said:

 

Lol yeah was thinking the same this morning.

Time to do it!

It is just great. I wish for a followup. Great atmosphere , realistic compressed timeline. 
I restarted the campaign because in a mission I got greedy and selfish. I left the group and escort mission and followed a couple of “one O’nines. Lost a couple of mates while I was away and just got like” how stupid can one be” mood. I had promised myself I would be the new guy with less experience and follow my leader. And do my job in a team. Swearing at myself , gotten two 109 that in these circumstances did not mean anything. 
I aborted and deleted the campaign in shame. Restarted it fresh and are now away at work just 3 mission in.  And really looking forward to getting home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

It is just great. I wish for a followup. Great atmosphere , realistic compressed timeline. 
I restarted the campaign because in a mission I got greedy and selfish. I left the group and escort mission and followed a couple of “one O’nines. Lost a couple of mates while I was away and just got like” how stupid can one be” mood. I had promised myself I would be the new guy with less experience and follow my leader. And do my job in a team. Swearing at myself , gotten two 109 that in these circumstances did not mean anything. 
I aborted and deleted the campaign in shame. Restarted it fresh and are now away at work just 3 mission in.  And really looking forward to getting home

Know how you feel.  I've been a good mate and follow my leader, in mission 11 and I do have 7 victories.  I agree with the Great atmosphere, and the time compression comments.  Oh yea I tried the "Lone Wolf" and well it did not work for my flight mates nor me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just about through this campaign and I’ve just started playing in vr.... what a game changer.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spartan85 said:

I’m just about through this campaign and I’ve just started playing in vr.... what a game changer.. 

 

 

:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 9:12 PM, Calius2020 said:

If I did purchase from the store will it work ok on steam version?

Hi Calius,

 

As long as you have your accounts linked it should not be a problem. All webstore purchases will be ingame when you start it from steam.

 

Haash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, SYN_Haashashin said:

Hi Calius,

 

As long as you have your accounts linked it should not be a problem. All webstore purchases will be ingame when you start it from steam.

 

Haash

 

Thanks as you can see from name change this is my linked and purchased/all running fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...