Official Scripted Campaign "Achtung Spitfire!"

Jason_Williams

I just completed Mission 7 and I'm really enjoying this campaign! I read how much time and work went into it and I just want to let you know it is appreciated.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
-47-Uncle_Bob

il2 series with fc and all the user made and paid campaigns makes it a gem. Almost perfect. All that lacks somewhat are external sounds and flyby sounds. It might only be me who thinks this regarding ext sounds but all in all im impressed and il2 box and fc with user made and paid like campaigns are my favorite sim.

• 3 weeks later...
kilroy987

I picked up almost everything for Great Battles when it was on sale last week.  I've been enjoying Achtung Spitfire.  There is a nice mix of ground attacks and dogfighting, and the nighttime spotlights are really cool.  I'm up to Mission 15 now.

But I notice a couple problems I just wanted to bring up.  I'm not sure if it's a problem with the AI in the base engine or if it's specific to this campaign.

After we finished our ground attack in Mission 15, the mission switched to a short range air patrol.  We dogfighted for a small while, then the flight leader said "Let's get out of here!".  And instead of leaving, the flight leader just circled as if he was waiting for everyone to join up with him.  One of our group was still busy in a dogfight.  In the end, I broke off, helped and shot down his target, but the flight leader just kept circling, and none of the rest of the group helped the other shoot down his target.  After a few more circles when no one was engaged in a dogfight (I think one of us was missing because he was shot down - or maybe was chasing his target away somewhere too far away for me to notice), I just gave up and flew home by myself.

The campaign is fun enough, but if the flight group could properly respond to threats to the flight group (like when the leader says to leave but someone has an enemy on him, reasonably clear his back so we can all leave, etc.) and the circling logic could break out of its repetition, it would really strengthen the experience.

Another question: I just played Mission 17.  We had to defend tanks on a battle front.  When we arrived, there was a flight of enemy dogfighters above, and a flight of large bombers flying at a low level below, so I followed the bombers and shot 5 of them down - it was awesome.  But I crashed into a friendly plane on the way back to base.  So I replayed the mission, but the bombers weren't there the second time, just the dogfighters above.  Is there a random aspect to these scripted campaigns?

Edited by kilroy987

• 4 weeks later...
drewm3i-VR

After the latest update, the autopilot is broken on the Achtung Spitfire campaign that I've been playing (missions 15-17). What happens is that when I put my plane on autopilot to taxi and take off, the throttle goes back and forth from 8-10% and the plane does not taxi. The AI wingmen taxi to the runway and never take off, because my plane does not enter formation. Thus I have to manually taxi which is a pain because I normally time compress until battle. Once I taxi to the runway and take off, the autopilot works sometimes, but about 25% of the time my plane either returns to base or crashes into the ground. I had not noticed this before missions 15-17 and the latest update.

• 2 weeks later...
SYN_Haashashin

Hi guys,

I thought I wrote here but I didnt...sorry.

The problems with the AI taxing and other issues have been reported to the team, they will look at it.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:10 AM, kilroy987 said:

Another question: I just played Mission 17.  We had to defend tanks on a battle front.  When we arrived, there was a flight of enemy dogfighters above, and a flight of large bombers flying at a low level below, so I followed the bombers and shot 5 of them down - it was awesome.  But I crashed into a friendly plane on the way back to base.  So I replayed the mission, but the bombers weren't there the second time, just the dogfighters above.  Is there a random aspect to these scripted campaigns?

Yes, there is a random logic for what enemies you will encounter. That way mission are more replayable .

Haash

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
vonGraf

Not a big issue but today I had the impression there are still fires and smoke plumes fading in and out.

Nevertheless an interesting and long campaign.

Still tricky for me to aim with the Spitfire. And not hitting the ground when going on artillery and vehicles. 😁

SYN_Haashashin

Hi all,

Sorry for the late post but as of new version, mission 15 should work no problem now.

26 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

Not a big issue but today I had the impression there are still fires and smoke plumes fading in and out.

Nevertheless an interesting and long campaign.

Still tricky for me to aim with the Spitfire. And not hitting the ground when going on artillery and vehicles. 😁

Thanks!

Indeed, the smokes plumes have the "old" logic before the team introduced the looped one. Its a task, change them, I have listed in the "To do" list but it means going thru 20 missions...no ETA for that, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

jollyjack

I bought it a while back. But i lost my count of accomplished missions once again. Due re-installs and fresh-ups to do with new game versions.

Remember it was well done though with a lot of items set into the scenery. 

Alas it seems copyprotected (Alex explained to me why), so unGTP-ing it is no use, other wise i could do it.

Done a few that are of the msnbin type campaigns. Definitely the looped effects look a lot better.

SYN_Haashashin
11 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Alas it seems copyprotected (Alex explained to me why), so unGTP-ing it is no use, other wise i could do it.

Yes, and I am thankful for that cus of this...

12 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Done a few that are of the msnbin type campaigns.

The reason I stopped publishing my work in the public forums..

13 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Definitely the looped effects look a lot better.

I know but I have different things that are WIP and this do not break the campaign so It can wait.

Anything else not related to this campaign, send me a PM, leave this topic for Acthung Spitfire campaign talk only. Off topic will be deleted.

Haash

• Upvote 1

FangsOut03

Just purchased this campaign because of all the good things I've seen on the forums and I'm enjoying it. Great job to  =The Sydicate= for his hard work

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Just finished the campaign. Really enjoyed this one even though I was extremaly unlucky with random AAA hits. I liked the length of the missions, their number and that there were many different ones. I was pleasently surprised that most of the missions we start parked, which requires us to start the engine and taxi with other pilots to the runway, in my opinion it is a small thing, which adds a lot immerssion, really liked it.

During one sortie after being critically hit by enemy plane I had to land in the field half way to the airport, second surprise mission haven't failed, which again I really liked as I've finished the mission's objective and haven't died, all good. Wish this was standard for all scripted campaigns.

There is one thing I didn't like though, but it is not directly connected to the campaign. There were many missions (or at least it appears like that as I was struggling in those) being played at dawn/dusk, which were hard for me due to sun filter being useless, so I was struggling to follow enemy planes.

Spoiler

And of course props for the music at the start of every sortie.🥳

image_2021-06-03_121727.png

Edited by TrueGrey
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

SYN_Haashashin

Hi TrueGrey,

Thanks for the kind words, will pass them along to the Syndicate ;)

1 hour ago, TrueGrey said:

There is one thing I didn't like though, but it is not directly connected to the campaign. There were many missions (or at least it appears like that as I was struggling in those) being played at dawn/dusk, which were hard for me due to sun filter being useless, so I was struggling to follow enemy planes.

You are right, there are many mission at dusk/dawn or at least around that time. Tried to squeeze 3 missions at least per day and thats the result. I strugge following enemy planes in those settings as well, to tell you the truth.

Update: I am working to update the campaign with new fire smoke effects and need to change some units to make it more..history correct.

Haash

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

This is a great campaign, I look forward to the updates and flying it again.

• 4 weeks later...
310th_Diablo

After purchasing achtung spitfire and restarting the game it is not updating with the new campaign. Shouldn’t this have been automatically done upon restart

AEthelraedUnraed

Yes it should. Does Achtung Spitfire show up on your purchases list (https://il2sturmovik.com/store/purchases/)? Make sure you're connected to the internet and logged in (you should be able to go into career mode). Also, if you're using Steam, make sure your accounts are linked properly.

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed

310th_Diablo

Yes it shows up in my purchases and i am connected.  In the past it has always updated automatically 

AEthelraedUnraed

Did you reboot your PC? Maybe IL2 still has a cache in memory or something.

310th_Diablo
6 minutes ago, Ghost666 said:

Did you start the game through the launcher?

yes several times

Winkysmith

When you say update, do you mean install the new campaign?

If so, the game won’t update, as all content comes pre-installed, and only needs to be unlocked.

310th_Diablo
5 minutes ago, Winkysmith said:

When you say update, do you mean install the new campaign?

If so, the game won’t update, as all content comes pre-installed, and only needs to be unlocked.

i meant install the new campaign.  I think i found my answer.  I have the standard edition of kuban, therefore i dont have the spit mk v.  I will go purchase it

Im so smart ordumb, one or the other.  Problem solved.  Thanks everyone 

AEthelraedUnraed

Glad to hear you found the problem! The Mk.5 is fun to fly, you won't regret buying it :)

• 3 weeks later...
RavN_Gora

Hello

Does anyone know what are the terms of successful mission? I started the campaign today and first mission should be easy - flight from one AF to another. I landed successfully but mission have to be repeated... No word what I did wrong.

Edited by RavN_Gora

RavN_Gora

Ok, I red that I have to turn on the HUD. It worked. But there are a few things I'd like to know. First one - who was the originator of the pictures that show during taxing ;) Second one - why I don't see the diary in the beginning? I play VR if it matters. Third - Why in the first mission I'm a wingman not a leader, but it is me who must land first at Slav... My leader is making 10 turns over the AF and nothing...     

SYN_Haashashin
On 7/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, RavN_Gora said:

Ok, I red that I have to turn on the HUD. It worked. But there are a few things I'd like to know. First one - who was the originator of the pictures that show during taxing ;) Second one - why I don't see the diary in the beginning? I play VR if it matters. Third - Why in the first mission I'm a wingman not a leader, but it is me who must land first at Slav... My leader is making 10 turns over the AF and nothing...     

Hello RavN_Gora,

First: It was me, I learned from it and wont happen again ;)

Second: I do not use VR, if you have the HUD on it should show no problem. Maybe someone with VR can say something here.

Third: If the AI doesnt land, probably it has to do with new AI code, will check it and see.

Haash

• 4 weeks later...
GSP_Hund

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to "edit" the scripted campaign so that no matter the result of the mission you move on to the next one?

SYN_Haashashin

No, the campaign is encripted into the game.

If you fail to survive to move to next mission, its the only thing needed, you can always start your engine and pull up the landing gear. That would do the trick.

Haash

GSP_Hund

For me it's the silly training stuff for the Achtung Spitfire campaign, is there no way around those mission and jump to the campaign?

SYN_Haashashin

Hi,

To skip any mission in this campaign that you dont want to refly/fly:

Start mission--start engine--wait until engine is running--pull up the landing gear--wait for Objective Complete text to show on map--End mission

You good to go!

Haash

• Thanks 1