Jason_Williams

Official Scripted Campaign "Achtung Spitfire!"

Finally found time to buy this one today.  Thoroughly enjoyed the interview, @ShamrockOneFive, thanks for that!

@SYN_Haashashin, I was floored to learn how much time & dedication went into this effort.  This is obviously a real labor of love for you, but that doesn't make you & those who helped one bit less deserving of our sincere appreciation.  THANK YOU for this, to you and your 'team' - both your SYN 'consultant' brothers AND to everyone else who helped with those many details.  Really looking forward to this one.  And, equally glad to hear you intend to put focus on the WWI side next.  That will surely provide a wonderful boost to Flying Circus as it expands.  Cheers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueHeron said:

Nothing was mentioned, was this campaign included in today's update?

No

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, BlueHeron said:

Nothing was mentioned, was this campaign included in today's update?

Store stills shows it's still Pre-Order.

1483650943_AchtungSpitfire.thumb.jpg.d6319465010288d7b8e162df06be3da7.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm honestly totally stoked for this.. recently going through 'ten days of autumn'.  the amount of work and bug smashing that must go through mission making seems stressfull..

im hoping though we also get new scripted campaigns with coop support in the future.   they are just so awesome to play alone.

and.with the new ships that have come out... holy moly 

I will buy it soon in the store, looking forward to it. Thanks for providing this campaign.

3 missioms into campaign so far, very nice.

Love that part with relocation and training, it brings immersion to higher level even for experienced simmers.

Also nice briefings and music.

Also short feedback; that picture showing that landing is succesfull lasts a bit to long obstructing view when taxing, thing is i like taxi to the parking spots (immersion wise).

Maybe it can be triggered when plane fully stops?

Anyway looking forward to the rest of the missions!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Also short feedback; that picture showing that landing is succesfull lasts a bit to long obstructing view when taxing, thing is i like taxi to the parking spots (immersion wise).

Maybe it can be triggered when plane fully stops?

I though about it when building it. I tried several options and I think this one is the best one to cast as much people as possible. It let you exit once image is gone or you can taxi all the way to the hangar. Note that the pics are connected to finish mission logic so for example if I apply your option, which I did during testing, player will always have to taxi to the hangar even if they just want to click finish mission as soon as objective is complete to proceed with next mission.

Haash

• Like 2

I'm playing exclusively in VR and I have a trouble reading short stories before every mission (since the VR resolution is too low and the "window" with them is too far in VR). Are these stored anywhere in the game folder as .jpegs so I can read them?

Also, I've downloaded and installed additional skins. I can assign the player skin for my plane, but AI wingmen seems to fly planes with the default soviet skin without any aditional markings. Is there a way to assign skins for wingmen or should it be automatic?

Thank you

I’ve read, that there is some new skins to download. Where can I find ’em?

32 minutes ago, vino said:

I’ve read, that there is some new skins to download. Where can I find ’em?

www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads4&file=details&id=466

• Thanks 1

Campaign is very well scripted, it is great fun, thanks very much!

Just a small disappointment at the end of no 09 mission (Protect the Harbour). 37 min long mission, 2 enemies downed, my three colleagues where lost (or more precisely all of them colided one with the enemy and the others with each other). I safely returned to the base, only landing was a little bit harsh (I scratched my wing against the ground and lost my left aileron). Suprisingly the mission Failed.

Hmm, what was the main reason for mission failing? My landing or not fulfilling main objective? (I fled with HUD OFF so I do not know if "Mission accomplished" notification appeared).

P.S: I have to admin I never wait for the picture showing that landing is succesfull - that worked well in previous missions...

Edited by Tapi

42 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Campaign is very well scripted, it is great fun, thanks very much!

Just a small disappointment at the end of no 09 mission (Protect the Harbour). 37 min long mission, 2 enemies downed, my three colleagues where lost (or more precisely all of them colided one with the enemy and the others with each other). I safely returned to the base, only landing was a little bit harsh (I scratched my wing against the ground and lost my left aileron). Suprisingly the mission Failed.

Hmm, what was the main reason for mission failing? My landing or not fulfilling main objective? (I fled with HUD OFF so I do not know if "Mission accomplished" notification appeared).

P.S: I have to admin I never wait for the picture showing that landing is succesfull - that worked well in previous missions...

Hi,

First off, Thanks!!

About your problem with mission 9. Mission should be accomplished if landing/crashing, basically surviving. It’s correct that logic it’s tied to the pics, will take a look at the timers of mission 9 just in case. To be sure, when landed and before exiting, open the map and you should see the mission accomplished text. Can turn ON the HUD once landed to check.

Also Tapi, and all of you guys, if you do not want to fly a mission again cus somehow it failed, send me a PM and will tell a little trick.

Haash  

15 hours ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Hi,

First off, Thanks!!

About your problem with mission 9. Mission should be accomplished if landing/crashing, basically surviving. It’s correct that logic it’s tied to the pics, will take a look at the timers of mission 9 just in case. To be sure, when landed and before exiting, open the map and you should see the mission accomplished text. Can turn ON the HUD once landed to check.

Also Tapi, and all of you guys, if you do not want to fly a mission again cus somehow it failed, send me a PM and will tell a little trick.

Haash  

THX Haash. I have just repeated mission 9 and finished it with success. I set HUD ON just before landing and waited for the picture confirmation. 

P.S. No AI air colisions this time 

Again, great campaign! 👍

Edited by Tapi

Hi all,

can anyone help, I have a problem. I'm up to mission 11 i think and I have to cover some ships unfortunately when certain mission have ships or subs in them I receive a "lunascripts" error, (see attached Jpeg) and my game locks up or crashes.

I've tried doing a fresh install and contacting the service desk but neither have helped.1244977222_IMG_7837176.thumb.JPG.bf244fe841feb8deedd667bd144838f3.JPG

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, keeno said:

Hi all,

can anyone help, I have a problem. I'm up to mission 11 i think and I have to cover some ships unfortunately when certain mission have ships or subs in them I receive a "lunascripts" error, (see attached Jpeg) and my game locks up or crashes.

I've tried doing a fresh install and contacting the service desk but neither have helped.1244977222_IMG_7837176.thumb.JPG.bf244fe841feb8deedd667bd144838f3.JPG

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Just flew this mission and no problem at all (except lower FPS and corresponding microstuttering over Novorossijsk bay probably due many He 111 in the air nearby).

Thanks Hash,

it isn't just your mission, its JadeMonkeys missions and others which have ships and subs, I think there's something wrong with my download "lunascripts/world objects" folder but I've tried a fresh re-install and that didn't cure it?

Cheers

Looks like you're using obsolete game mod.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I noticed that after the mission introductory song is interupted (ESC) and player is "hopped" into the cockpit , the cockpit view (previously set by F10) si overriden by default settings. So I had to set my cockpit view every mission. If I use QMB etc. the settings is not changed and my previously saved F10 settings is correctly applied.

Edited by Tapi

Han,

thanks for the response, I'll take all mods off and try again. I hope its as simple as this as I'm loving this campaign!

Cheers

• Like 1

Han and Hash,

you guys are my [Edited] heros!!! That was it!!!, one of my MODS was causing my campaign problem. Thank you both soooo much...........back to it!!

Awesome and thanks a million.

Cheers

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tapi said:

I noticed that after the mission introductory song is interupted (ESC) and player is "hopped" into the cockpit , the cockpit view (previously set by F10) si overriden by default settings. So I had to set my cockpit view every mission. If I use QMB etc. the settings is not changed and my previously saved F10 settings is correctly applied.

Are you using the Skip function to stop the diary and let the camera roll? 

Don’t know the consequences for using “ESC” key to bypass mission logic.

Haash

What Skip function do you mean Haash? During the intro music there is no button to skip this part. If I press ESC (and agin to avoid mission ending) camera starts to roll.

Tapi,

during the intro music when the diary entry is on screen to read a banner appears on the bottom of the screen with the word ‘skip’, if you press this word you can ‘skip’ the intro. Don’t press ESC to skip this part of the intro. 

Cheers

Not exactly impressed that I just bought this brand new Campaign and it goes on sale a few days later.  It's a brand new item which usually never goes on sale so I didn't wait.  Kind of rude 1C seeing as I also dropped all that coin on Flying Circus and Bodo as well!  It's only a few dollars, so no big deal, but....

Edited by Nightstalker

16 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

Not exactly impressed that I just bought this brand new Campaign and it goes on sale a few days later.  It's a brand new item which usually never goes on sale so I didn't wait.  Kind of rude 1C seeing as I also dropped all that coin on Flying Circus and Bodo as well!  It's only a few dollars, so no big deal, but....

I just purchased it like 2 days ago, and that thought never occurred to me.

;)

6 hours ago, Nightstalker said:

Not exactly impressed that I just bought this brand new Campaign and it goes on sale a few days later.

That seems to be happening to me--every time I've bought something it's gone on sale (or a better sale) within one to two months. Oh well, that's the breaks. Early purchasing has its ups and downs.

8 hours ago, dburne said:

I just purchased it like 2 days ago, and that thought never occurred to me.

;)

Not everyone is flush with cash dude.

Got the ACHTUNG SPITFIRE and I like it very much. Nice Story telling, I like the music and text book before the Mission starts. Good Job.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, SYN_Haashashin said:

Are you using the Skip function to stop the diary and let the camera roll? 

Don’t know the consequences for using “ESC” key to bypass mission logic.

Haash

I did not use HUD previously so the introductory picture (while playing the song) was not showed (that is why I used ESC).

Now I tried start mission with HUD set ON and I can click SKIP. 

But cockpit is still set to default and I have to set it and save again (F10). Next mission the cockpit is again set to default... Not a big problem only a little annoying 🙂

Hi. Just bought Achtung spitfire, flown the first mission transfer from an Airfield to another one. At the second mission briefing says to shoot at least one truck and land back safely. I shoot four trucks and landed safely but I had a mission failed...What did I miss? Thanks for answers.

Hi Azdack,

Do you have the HUD turn off?? Did you wait for the picture once landed? If the answer to both its Yes, please send me a PM.

Haash

P.S Edited the info about the campaign to refect the importance of using custom difficulty to leave the HUD on at all times.

Hi SYN Haashashin

I play with custom difficulties with no

checked options in order to have realistic immersion. Then I guess HUD is turned off. Actually I didn’t wait enough to have the picture « you have landed ». Now t’ils ok and the second mission was succesfull today. Further question : is landing alife with a broken flap or propeller considered as safe landing or does the plane have to be intact? Thanks

Hi Azdack,

As long as the pilot survived, mission should be a success. In case it doesn’t work send me a PM since there is a trick to skip missions.

Haash 

Thanks for answers Haashashin. I'll keep on playing and sent a PM to you if any problem occur.