David_MC

Question about Bombs

I have been playing Il2 Greatest Battles (BoM, BoS, BoK) for a few weeks now.  Before that I have been playing the original Il2 and 1946 since about 2004 and 2007 respectively.  Since purchasing Greatest Battles I have noticed one thing in regards to the various bombs in the game. 

I seems that you need to drop at least 250 kg bombs to be able to destroy bridges and buildings.  I find that when I try to use 100 kg bombs on buildings such as warehouses or hangars, they to have almost no noticeable effect, even if I use 2 or 3.  I've tried setting the bomb fuse timers from contact to 3 or 5 seconds with no difference.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is this accurate behavior for that type of ordinance?

It's not the ordinance. It has to do with the durability values of the targets. IIRC, the default values are pretty high. Take a look at this thread:

That is an interesting read.  Does that mean if multiple 100 kg bombs are dropped, the structure could be destroyed?

12 minutes ago, David_MC said:

That is an interesting read.  Does that mean if multiple 100 kg bombs are dropped, the structure could be destroyed?

Yes...that is exactly right. A target can be made to be difficult to destroy or hard, depending on the settings of the durability of the target

17 minutes ago, No.85_Camm said:

Yes...that is exactly right. A target can be made to be difficult to destroy or hard, depending on the settings of the durability of the target

Is there a list somewhere of bomb damage values?