pa4tim

Real Tiger hit over 200x

Plenty of examples of the great armor of the Tiger, I think it’s simulated pretty well In The game.

Vat did you say....

I can't hear you.....Hannes!

yes my tiger was hit by every thing from 7.62 to 120mm       10  45mm guns hit me 23 times  a 37mm AA gun hit me about 4 times a 120mm hit my 88mm (splash) and uncountable amounts of MG hits and after all the repairs guess what was the only thing that wasn't working 

The HEADLIGHTS WHEN I NEED THEM MOST!!!

It's an impressive story, but we have to keep in mind, that the Tiger was pretty much disabled and rendered ineffective as an offensive weapon very early in the engagement. Yes the crew survived, and that's what's important, but once it limped out of combat, the Tiger was reduced to the combat value of a very heavy paper weight, albeit with some propaganda value. 

Also, the far, far majority of the hits were from anti-tank rifles, not proper artillery. You really have to wonder, why those rifle crews kept shooting at the thing. 

For some reason I find this story more impressive. There at least the KVs remained fully operational and withdrew when the lead tank ran out of ammunition. 

Edited by Finkeren
  • Like 1