May sound like an oxymoron, but it is now a thing and available in campaign form via PWCG.

Start a competitive coop campaign in PWCG.  Players can fly for any side.  They take on one or many personas in the campaign.  Then you fly.  Your persona is part of a PWCG campaign.  He scores, earns medals, gets promoted etc.  All of this while flying with or against other people.  

Details in the PWCG section of the forum.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/99-pwcg-for-bos/

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks a million .Now we need second element - some software like hyper lobby integrated with it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Now we need second element - some software like hyper lobby integrated with it.

Yes, yes and thousand times YES! :clapping:

1 hour ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Thanks a million .Now we need second element - some software like hyper lobby integrated with it.

Use Teamspeak.

46 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Use Teamspeak.

Don't  work , y should know that . Ask yourself why devs are going to build something similar...

10 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Don't  work , y should know that . Ask yourself why devs are going to build something similar...

Yes it would work.  You should know that.   Just because devs are doing something that doesn't mean it's necessary.

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Yes it would work.  You should know that.   Just because devs are doing something that doesn't mean it's necessary.

If it would why doesn't it work (please spare me this is rhetorical question) ... Devs just randomly invest time and resource ... yea right.

23 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

If it would why doesn't it work 

Because not enough people play coop missions any more.  Teamspeak has every feature that you need for a lobby.  But no one uses it.  They tried organizing coops in RoF.  It lasted about 2 weeks  It's not really some deep mystery why.

25 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Devs just randomly invest time and resource ... yea right.

Lol. 

Unlockables

Coop missions

Do you need any more examples?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Because not enough people play coop missions any more.  Teamspeak has every feature that you need for a lobby.  But no one uses it.  They tried organizing coops in RoF.  It lasted about 2 weeks  It's not really some deep mystery why.

Lol. 

Unlockables

Coop missions

Do you need any more examples?

please spare me this is rhetorical question,

this 2 represent the whole development decision, and maybe some features are just because the users...

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Just now, 307_Tomcat said:

please spare me this is rhetorical question

If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of features are you expecting in this "lobby" that Teamspeak does not have?

1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

I did not ask

It's funny how all the lobby fans suddenly get quiet when I ask them what features they're expecting that are not supported by Teamspeak 

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It's funny how all the lobby fans suddenly get quiet when I ask them what features they're expecting that are not supported by Teamspeak 

Could be, what I know is that there are many teamspeak servers and channels, we need all folks in one place to make use of it. From Big to small, not the other way.

11 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Could be, what I know is that there are many teamspeak servers and channels, we need all folks in one place to make use of it. From Big to small, not the other way.

You can get all the folks in the same place by setting up a coop Teamspeak server and promoting it on this forum.  And yet, here we are.   Hardly anyone plays coop.  And the reason isn't really a mystery...

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You can get all the folks in the same place by setting up a coop Teamspeak server and promoting it on this forum.  And yet, here we are.   Hardly anyone plays coop.  And the reason isn't really a mystery...

No you can't. Yes coops same as in ROF - dead.

10 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

No you can't. 

Yes, you can.   People had no problem finding Hyperlobby.  They could find a coop Teamspeak server exactly the same way.  The fact that you don't even try is a pretty clear indicator that coops are D E A D.

But let's waste more dev resources to make sure that last nail is in the coffin.  What's your excuse going to be when coops are still dead after you have a lobby?

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

Yes, you can.   People had no problem finding Hyperlobby.  They could find a coop Teamspeak server exactly the same way.  The fact that you don't even try is a pretty clear indicator that coops are D E A D.

But let's waste more dev resources to make sure that last nail is in the coffin.  What's your excuse going to be when coops are still dead after you have a lobby?

I'm some responsible as you are my old friend

Just now, 307_Tomcat said:

I'm some responsible as you are my old friend

This is gibberish.

1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

This is gibberish.

Not , only sentence that you are not comfortable with.

1 minute ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Not , only sentence that you are not comfortable with.

No so much, actually.  It's a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  I fully understand that English isn't your first language.  So you might want to revisit that post.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

No so much, actually.  It's a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  I fully understand that English isn't your first language.  So you might want to revisit that post.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Ofcourse, this is one and last resort to stay on top. 

1 minute ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Ofcourse, this is one and last resort to stay on top. 

I'm actually trying to help you out.  But whatever.  I'll be the one dancing on the Coop Mission grave when this is over.

I'm actually trying to help you out.  But whatever.  I'll be the one dancing on the Coop Mission grave when this is over.

Help me out? Thanks I don't need it , as you. 

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

So your contribution to this thread is to sh1t over all the hard work that Pat has done with the active support of Jason and the Dev team. I really don't know why the mods keep putting up with your attitude.  You have NOTHING to offer these threads except Your negativity and unbelievable rudeness.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

So your contribution to this thread is to sh1t over all the hard work that Pat has done with the active support of Jason and the Dev team. I really don't know why the mods keep putting up with your attitude.  You have NOTHING to offer these threads except Your negativity and unbelievable rudeness.

No, I’m trying to prevent them from completely wasting the time and resources that a coop lobby will suck up.  NO ONE plays coop any more.  They don’t need a lobby.  They can use Teamspeak as a lobby.  In fact, I’ll bet that Teamspeak currently supports MORE features than they planning to include in the coop lobby that they’re currently planning to develop.  But congrats on your efforts to support a project that is a complete waste of time and money!

38 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, I’m trying to prevent them from completely wasting the time and resources that a coop lobby will suck up.  NO ONE plays coop any more.  They don’t need a lobby.  They can use Teamspeak as a lobby.  In fact, I’ll bet that Teamspeak currently supports MORE features than they planning to include in the coop lobby that they’re currently planning to develop.  But congrats on your efforts to support a project that is a complete waste of time and money!

Your Messiah complex not withstanding its very much on the Dev road map.  I'm very much looking forward to it and I hope that there will be some API integration between Patrick's Mission generator and the Lobby.  Since you don't like COOP and want to "...dance of the COOP mission grave."  perhaps you should address your concerns to Jason the Devs directly rather flying in like an incontinent seagull and crapping over yet another forum topic with your negative energy

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

Your Messiah complex not withstanding its very much on the Dev road map.  I'm very much looking forward to it and I hope that there will be some API integration between Patrick's Mission generator and the Lobby.  Since you don't like COOP and want to "...dance of the COOP mission grave."  perhaps you should address your concerns to Jason the Devs directly rather flying in like an incontinent seagull and crapping over yet another forum topic with your negative energy

Um...  I’m pretty sure the forum is where we’re supposed to post our opinions...

In any case, can you think of any features that the new coop lobby might have that Teamspeak does not?

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

coops are D E A D.

:o:They are?  Wow!  

Strange;  myself and a dozen other guys have been meeting twice a week @7.30 gmt to fly.....coops.

Been doing it for fifteen months now......:)

If the devs decide to add a lobby system to the game then great.  No doubt we'll be hosting public coops with it and encouraging people to use our public t/s too.:drinks:

In the meantime this is Pat's thread.  Our group is gearing up to launch our Pat A. Wilson coop campaign:salute:    

Just now, DD_Arthur said:

Strange;  myself and a dozen other guys have been meeting twice a week @7.30 gmt to fly.....coops.

Been doing it for fifteen months now......:)

More people play RoF MP than that now.  And RoF MP no longer has a pulse.

PWCG coop was commissioned to take advantage of existing coop capability and maximize it by marrying it to a campaign structure.  That work continues to progress - it is functional now but not done by any means.  The idea is to bring more people to this game through coop.  Flying with a group of friends is taken a very big step further.  A whole new possibility is opened up for squadron wars.  We are still in early days but I am hoping at least some people see the possibilities.

For those that want a quick multiplayer fix, this is not that.  Besides, you already have that and it works pretty well. 

How many of you complain about bad or "stupid" behavior on the part of your fellow participants?  Suicidal actions in particular. 

Now start a PWCG campaign.  Your persona has scored 20 victories and he is still alive.  How many of you have ever scored 20 victories online without dying?  That is what real life aces accomplished.  If your 20 victories were attached to a persona and online death meant a long recuperation period or starting over, wouldn't you be a bit more careful?  Isn't that exactly the behavior that so many of you are looking for? 

Here is a system that allows you to fly with other humans - not just AI - and rewards precisely the behavior that you are looking for and punishes precisely the behavior that you complain about.  If you want to try to be "real" aces, flying against humans while NOT DYING, here's your chance.  If that's not for you then that's fine, but it's here now.

About hyperlobby - I'm not sure that is going to help this method of game play all that much.  This feature is more about committed groups than ad hoc get togethers.  I shoot pool every Tuesday night.  My team knows I'm going to be there.  For the rare times I can't make it I let my team know.  That is the idea here, getting together with a group of people on a regular basis to have some fun flying. 

Anything that will help - I am all ears.  If 1C wants to spot me some money for cloud space I can put something together ... some sort of campaign registry that will allow people to join.  Having said that, a simple post in the coop section will do the same job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is awesome Thank You. Best of luck as you continue your work...  Blue Skies