Sign in to follow this  
Beetlejuice

Help Troubleshoot Joystick problem

Hi and thanks,

I have a Hotas Warthog Throttle that was working perfect until today.

Windows recognize it via the control panel app, all the buttons and axis work fine panel but the game doesn't react to it.
Even re calibrating does not help cause no movement is recognizable by the software.
I tried to check on Cliffs of Dover and it is the same. The game and the device do not interact.

The same happened to the paddles today.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Have you just installed the new IL2 update, or updated Windows? Maybe something has affected your game settings.

Make sure that "Joystick" is checked,  in game "Settings", "Input Devices", "Control Mode".

1 - Windows Game Controllers seem axes and buttons, so the hardware (joy/throttle) is OK.

2 - Your IL-2: GB is STEAM version? Is know that Steam controller prevents Cliffs of Dover detect joysticks, maybe is the issue. If is the case in Steam interface un-chek all options of Steam controller settings.

Other probable cause is Windows recognized stick again and give an new ID, for example due Power Savings settings for USB ports.

Open IL-2: GB  \data\input folder and rename the files (e.g. put a _ before name).

devices.txt

Start the game and see in joy work OK, if not remname this files too:

current.actions

current.map

Odd, it is related to connecting a USB hub...solved now, i've just diconnected it.
Thanks for the help guys. :)