Hi. Just a quick question.

Is there a long wait for Dserver keys these days? Or is Dserver done differently than before?

Hello!
Please, provide me with a special account that I would like to use to host a dedicated server. I know that such account would not let me play the game and that it doesn’t have planes on it, and I acknowledge that such account is the property of 1C Game Studios.

Hi pal. I think you are supposed to make a ticket in SUPPORT for this. I am still waiting for a key myself.

Two threads about exactly the same topic?

It's always been a couple of days to wait for DServer keys.

Wait a bit and you will eventually receive one.

:drinks:

Mike

Sorry? I made a topic earlier today about this, never made two. 

Thanks for clarifying that I have to wait. I did the same thing in 2015 and just got back to arranging servers for a different group. Just could not find any info if there was a normal dedi server tool released or if getting keys like before was still the thing to do.

Had no intentions on cluttering the general discussion with an unrelated question, I am sure you guys have better things to do.

~S

Salutations,

To host a server you’ll need a second dedicated server account. You can get a server account for free from 1CGS. 

To start a server you need to be authorized on the Master serve with a game account. And since it is not possible to play and host with the same account simultaneously, you might need an extra account. But of course you don’t have to buy a new key for this purpose - you can use one of our specially prepared Dserver accounts. To get login and password to such account you need to submit a request at our Customer service helpdesk. 

Attention! To get your ticket processed please follow the following template precisely:

1. login to your account at http://il2sturmovik.com/

2. follow this link https://il2sturmovik...upport/request/

3. put this as the ticket title: DSERVER please

4. enter the text of the ticket as follows: Hello! Please, provide me with a special account that I would like to use to host a dedicated server. I know that such account would not let me play the game and that it doesn’t have planes on it, and I acknowledge that such account is the property of 1C Game Studios.

5. send this request and wait for response; 6. receive the account credentials and put them into the .SDS server configuration 

• Upvote 1

Yes, I have a different account and I have asked for key in that way. I did find that thread on how to do it. Just had additional questions to it, that's all.

Thanks for replying

• Upvote 1

~S all

Been about a week since I applied for the Dserver key. I appreciate that the support team is busy, just a question....

The right way to ask for key is to use the "other" option in support and put the request there yes?

Or should I have picket another option?

Posted (edited)

Yes, it's the "other" option - it's the only one where you can set the required "DSERVER please", see

It might take a while for you to receive the key.

On my 1st request it took a couple of days, on the 2nd it's been 3 weeks.

:drinks:

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I got mine now. A week it took. First time was very quick for me too.

Fair enough. I know then now that I did it right. Just been years since last so I had to be sure.

So for anyone who are a bit unsure, this thread should clear it up.

Cheers.