jasta11ace

Error during AAR process

Is it generating an error log with a pop up message, or is it just failing to assign some of your kills? Also what version of the software are you using, it seems like you may be using an older version.

With a pop-up message and I'm using 6.0.0. 

In my game folder I have the following:

5.1.3 version for my other campaigns in the PWCG folder.

6.0.0 version in a folder called PWCG 2.

PWCG works OK with both folders in the game and assigns missions in IL2, etc. So far on the current "Schwalbe" campaign I have 12 kills. Then last night's AAR report errored out on submission of claims with a pop-up message. It seems like this started happening since the last game update.

Note: I wasn't clear on whether I was suppose to overwrite 6.0 over 5.1.3 or not. Could the two folders,  PWCG and  PWCG 2, be the root of the problem?

I need a little help understanding the issue.  What exactly is the problem when an AAR is submitted?  The zip file contains campaign data but not the error log.  The posts here do not state what the popup says.

Having two versions of PWCG is fine, but each will not know anything about the other.  Presumably the Schwalbe campaign is on the 6.0 version since that plane is not available in 5.  

Recommendation:

1. Save your campaigns (zip up the campaigns folder in both installs). 

2. If you are running a coop campaign then save the Coop folder as well - 6.0.0 PWCG only.

2. Download the latest PWCG (6.1.1) as several fixes have been made since 6.0.0.  

3. Delete both installs

4. Install 6.1.1

5. Restore your campaigns and coop folder

• Like 1

If issues still happen please let me know what the error is saying.  I looked at the zip file and for whatever reason it looks like the error is not being recorded in the error log.  However, I know there was an issue with not being able to match the PWCG mission file with 1C generated logs - that was fixed.

Posted (edited)

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Hi Patrick,

Did everything as you suggested. All may campaigns are restored into 6.1.1. Flew a mission in the Schwalbe campaign and then tested the Dora campaign.

Screenshot 2019-08-01 18.11.08.png

Screenshot 2019-08-01 18.28.48.png

Edited by jasta11ace

Posted (edited)

I’m flying a 1942 Stalingrad luftwaffe career and a few missions in on most recent version, the AAR reported I shot down an me109. The game reported the victory as a Lagg which was correct.  Seen this in recent earlier versions too. Getting strafed during taxi kinda sucks sometimes but I’m sure it happened IRL so I don’t really have a big issue with it. Otherwise PWCG SP  continues to shine. 

Edited by TheSNAFU

6 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

I’m flying a 1942 Stalingrad luftwaffe career and a few missions in on most recent version, the AAR reported I shot down an me109. The game reported the victory as a Lagg which was correct.  Seen this in recent earlier versions too. Getting strafed during taxi kinda sucks sometimes but I’m sure it happened IRL so I don’t really have a big issue with it. Otherwise PWCG SP  continues to shine. 

This is just going to happen.  Unfortunately, the information in the logs is often incomplete.  You shoot something down and the logs declare the plane as simply crashed.  To miyigat e this PWCG goes through a multi step victory assignment process:

1. Gather victory declarations.

2. Pick all log entries where a crashed plane has a clear "shot down by"

3. Pick all log entries where a crashed plane has no "shot down by"

If something was clearly (clearly  = logs say so) shot down by an AI pilot, award that victory to the AI pilot.  (Exact match for AI)

If something was clearly shot down by the player, and the player has a declaration for that type, award it to the player.  (Exact match for player)

If something was clearly shot down by the player, and the player has a declaration for something similar, award it to the player. (Compensate for failure to recognize type)

If the player has unresolved declarations and there are matches that are not clear victories, award it to the player. (Compensate for 1C failure to log victories)

If the player has every declaration confirmed but there are still victories attributed to the player in the logs, give them to the player's AI flight mates (Giving away a victory).

Thanks for the info Pat. I know what I shoot down and PWCG credits me with a victory so it not a big issue for me. 

image.thumb.png.2ef7a829766f3ccf0fbf255f10526308.pngSchwalbe IV201909101709991.zipPWCGErrorLog.txt

Totally frustrated. I'm into "Schwable IV" now. Goes to four missions fine then craps out. I can't file the last AAR when the error pops up. As an experiment I tried another couple of missions and it's stuck on the same date, either the 6th or 7th of February, 1945. Every new mission after the bad AAR has the same AAR error popup, and gives me kill credits, but the date doesn't change. I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day". 

Edited by jasta11ace

@jasta11aceFixed in 6.1.5 available now.  Thanks for posting.

Detail:

Several squadrons did not have planes configured through the end of the war.  PWCG then got confused when it tried to replace losses for a squadron with no planes.  I made every squadron, including Russian, have some sort of plane assignment through war's end.

Wow, thanks Patrick, that makes my day. Just got back from the Reno Air Races. I'll get her loaded up and give it go.