simfan2015

Skip IL-2 "campaign missions"

Posted (edited)

I hope someone knowledgeable can shed some light on why I can't find campaign files.

In IL-2 we seem to get one free campaign available by default, the reset is to be paid for.

'..\Campaign' folder on the disk is empty though.

It seems the campaign progress is somehow linked to our accounts because I can't find a file for it  ?

Can we not get access to individual (paid- or free-) campaign missions that we have not yet succesfully fullfilled (like in arcade games ?)

OTOH in e.g. DCS world any campaign mission (flown/succeeded or not yet-) can always be individually selected and must not necessarily be played sequentially.

How is the the campaign system implemented in IL-2 ... linked to our accounts ?

I read that 'Founders' can skip Campaign missions ... but becoming a Founder is unfortunately no longer an option. 

It great that we got a Dynamic Campaign in BOX like in RoF, but still ...

Can't we simply skip (free- or paid-for) campaign missions we are not able to fly successfully or are interested in ?

Thank You so much.

Stefaan 

Edited by simfan2015

All official campaigns are protected and there is no opportunity to open and edit them.

Your campaign and career progress keeps here ...\data\swf\il2\usersave\... but I'm not sure you can edit these files.

If you want to skip any mission in the Ten Days of Autumn, Blazing Steppe, Sea Dragons and Fortress on the Volga you need to take off (you can do it using autopilot), land and waiting about 5-7 min. If this mission begins in the air you need to land at the airfield specified in the briefing.

Thank You so much BlackSix !

That was the answer I was looking for.

Thank you for your time answering this.

I did look for this, but could not find an answer like yours.

I can fully understand why the IL-2 Devs don't want us to mess with the Campaign files (meaning it might be shared for 'free' and so on).

Still trying to figure out the IL-2 mission and campaign editor.

It is great to know that I can still make progress in any campaign I paid for, even if I keep failing a certain mission !

IL-2 BOX is a gem I am so sorry I didn't try until now (only after 25+ years of simming).

But ... better late than never !

Kind regards,

Stefaan

You're welcome)

This is my main decision for the campaigns what the player isn't obliged to perform the mission task in order to proceed to the next one, since in real life it was not always possible to complete the task. Therefore, you need to return and land on your airfield only to go to the next mission.
In future tank campaigns for TC it will be necessary to arrive at a certain point, everything will be more complicated there.

• Upvote 2

Thank you again Dev,

Looking forward to the TC campaigns, altough I am enjoying TC so much as it is already.

[BTW ... Count me in as an early adopter to anything IL-2 may offer next ... even as I have my hands full right now with eveything already on offer !]

Sincere regards,

Stefaan

If you download a free scripted campaign, you can edit whether you see all of the missions listed in the campaign or not.

Open Data/Campaigns/campaign Name xx/info.txt

On the lines;

&showfutureMissionsNames=1

&showfutureMissionDescriptions=1

if it is =0, mission names and descriptions will not be displayed.

if it is =1, they will be displayed

you still have to complete the mission to progress to the next one, unless you open them in the Mission Editor and save them in a different file as single missions. If you do that, you can fly them in any order you like. If you complete a scripted campaign, the only difference is that it will track your kill count /score.

I also use safely landing at the home or designated airbase as primary mission success goal. I also put in a random goal that if you get shot down and crash land you have an xx% chance of successful mission completion. To me surviving and hopefully returning immediately to base is the most important thing. Depending on what area pilots were in, they may have been able to return to base fairly quickly. 

At at this point, bailing out always results in mission failure.

Thank you Jaegermeister for your valuable feedback !

I will surely check out some of your and other downloadable content.

Sincere regards,

Stefaan