Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Fi-156 for Africa addon?

Hi,

I know it isnt in plans but maybe in the future?

Any plans about Storch and recon missions? ;)

Just the question.

Storkdesert2.jpg

Hello Yo Yo

The amount of work required to get the Fiesler Storch into the game is the same as adding a Focke-Wulf 190A... in fact a little more since the cockpit cabin is bigger in the Storch than the 190 and therefore more 3D work is required.

So we won't be able to add it for TF 5.0.  And unlikely for TF 6.0 either, as there are other utility aircraft which were more important... as for example a flyable seaplane type.

As we have mentioned in our updates, the Bf-108 will be flyable for TF 5.0.... an aircraft which was used in the role of a light transport... obviously not a short takeoff/landing type, but one which was used to transport officers... in the desert often referred to as "Rommel's Taxi".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

As we have mentioned in our updates, the Bf-108 will be flyable for TF 5.0.... an aircraft which was used in the role of a light transport... obviously not a short takeoff/landing type, but one which was used to transport officers... in the desert often referred to as "Rommel's Taxi".

Spoiler

me108_history.jpg

:good:

Posted (edited)

I would accept a real one as consolation. I'll turn the goat lose on the flower beds.

Edited by buster_dee
  • Upvote 1

Well i hope if everything goes well, in next expansions we won't only see fighter/attackers. Would love to see something new and more interesting that adds something different than shooting. Looking forward to seaplanes but hope it wont be the only one. Fi-156, Ju52. It would be fun to have scripted campaign for ju52, it would be the best and most interesting campaign ever :P There could be so many different missions, starting with Fallschirmjager training jumps, then you can tow DFS 230 to Eben Emael, of course Creta invasion! And then some transport missions in Africa. Of course that would require quite a lot of maps :(

Will there be campaign for bf108?

IMHO - For make a recon plane interesting the games need a recon mechanic, that really matter, overfly a given point of map and trigger a message "recon successful", any plane can do this "what if". :nea:

In the ancient Warbirds online, fly a Ju-52 mission was rewarding, because the paratroopers you drop march for nearest field tower of control and blown up (the tower and themselves) what allow capture this field for your team. Or the player in an spot plane can call ships artillery over a given field with the same purpose.

You can make a specific aircraft only trigger events through scripting. Steamworks on ATAG has the agent pickup up and I have it to only work if a twin engine aircraft lands. The downside is this involves scripting, and lots of it, so not user friendly at all. 

Take off in a Storch in TF6.0, and you'd arrive at your target just in time for TF 7.0 to drop.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ruby_monkey said:

Take off in a Storch in TF6.0, and you'd arrive at your target just in time for TF 7.0 to drop.

yeah, but what a trip!:biggrin:

15 hours ago, ruby_monkey said:

You mean from 6.0 we will get 7.0 in just 5h? :o:

On 7/31/2019 at 7:21 AM, InProgress said:

Well i hope if everything goes well, in next expansions we won't only see fighter/attackers. Would love to see something new and more interesting that adds something different than shooting. Looking forward to seaplanes but hope it wont be the only one. Fi-156, Ju52. It would be fun to have scripted campaign for ju52, it would be the best and most interesting campaign ever :P There could be so many different missions, starting with Fallschirmjager training jumps, then you can tow DFS 230 to Eben Emael, of course Creta invasion! And then some transport missions in Africa. Of course that would require quite a lot of maps :(

Will there be campaign for bf108?

We are not planning a specific combat campaign for the Bf-108, but would like to see it incorporated into a set of training missions.

Also could obviously be incorporated into another aircraft's campaign... as for example a RAF Channel map campaign which includes 'Rhubarb' missions could include as a target a Bf-108 landing/taking off from a German airfield.  Also could have a Tobruk campaign include a protection mission for a 109F campaign... covering Rommel flying into a particular airbase for example.

• Like 2