any idea if the Devs are going to add the oil in face effect they did in ROF? kinda ruins it with it not there for me...

s8n~

6 minutes ago, s8n said:

any idea if the Devs are going to add the oil in face effect they did in ROF? kinda ruins it with it not there for me...

s8n~

Yesterday dogfighting in Camel I had same as in ROF oil on goggles effect after sever engine damage .

hmmm? i never get it . just blood effect.

s8n~

If you're in need of oil on goggles, just take any FC plane, go full throttle, push the nose well down and wait...

I was in a Yak-1 the other day and got shot up. Wanted to land but windshield was covered in oil so I pop up the canopy and look outside... goggles get covered in oil! So if it's in IL2 I'm pretty sure the devs made it so for FC as well or it might not be implemented yet?

should get constant castor oil streaming back all over plane even when not damaged.. in many models anyways some had closed valve covers. 

I only got the oil effect by sticking my head over the side of the cockpit when the engine is damaged.

2 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

should get constant castor oil streaming back all over plane even when not damaged. 

Castor oil-lubricated engines (rotaries) would indeed spray a constant stream of oil from the exhaust ports. The trouble is were they to model that effect, they would have to introduce a 'goggle wipe' function.

. in many models anyways some had closed valve covers.

Inline engines with exposed rockers could have lost oil from that area, but its volume would have been far less and I suspect that propwash would have deflected it away from the pilot.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Kermit's headcam.

Much rather have the detailed damage model in CLOD or DCS implemented in FC than visual effects. 

• Haha 2