Ok, I'm back with an issue that has me stumped. I have a deathmatch mission with an axis airfield that has parked planes as targets, the airfield is also protected by a flak battery consisting of three guns, controlled by a complex trigger (i think there are other ways). I have two allied patrols, and they cause the trigger to activate as it should. If I fly there myself the trigger also works. However, I added and allied AI bomber flight (il2's) set to attack ground targets on the airfield. When these Il2's get close enough to the trigger, the flak is not activating. The Il2's do conduct their attack but for some reason the flak doesn't spawn until either I, or one of the patrol planes gets within distance. Any thoughts or ideas?

What criteria is the trigger using to detect the planes? Do the Il-2s match that criteria?

Otherwise, please post your mission.

Thanks Jim. I couldn't find anything wrong with the trigger, uses obj entered to detect. I've attached a copy of the mission. This mission is not mine, I was working on it to help a friend who could not get the il2's to attack. I got that working and then the flak not spawning issue arose. I really appreciated your help!

Moscow attack.zip

Posted (edited)

The complex trigger only fires when one of the specified planes enters the 10,000m area of the trigger. The Il-2 Attack formation is already within that area so the trigger never fires. Note that a check zone trigger set to "Closer" would fire in this case because it detects objects entering its area or already in its area.

Note:

• The complex trigger fires for every instance of a specified object entering the area, so your flak activation can be triggered multiple times.
  • Your complex trigger criteria are redundant. You only need to specify a country or a script, not both (unless you have a scenario where Germans can fly captured Russian planes)

Edited by JimTM

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

The complex trigger only fires when one of the specified planes enters the 10,000m area of the trigger. The Il-2 Attack formation is already within that area so the trigger never fires. Note that a check zone trigger set to "Closer" would fire in this case because it detects objects entering its area or already in its area.

I had actually thought about the flight being inside the zone, but then forgot to try it out. Will look into the check zone trigger, I can see where it may have some advantages.

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

Note:

• The complex trigger fires for every instance of a specified object entering the area, so your flak activation can be triggered multiple times.
  • Your complex trigger criteria are redundant. You only need to specify a country or a script, not both (unless you have a scenario where Germans can fly captured Russian planes)

Thanks for the complex trigger info re multiple times being triggered, and also for the redundant comment, should have figured that out myself. That definitely simplifies that aspect. Still learning, but with your manual, and assistance here on the forum, I'm beginning to make some further progress with the ME. Thank you!

You're welcome Gramps.

FYI, there may still be a bug with checkzone triggers in MP missions started from IL-2 (rather than a DServer).