Han

Developer Diary 227 - Discussion

Just now, Asgar said:

Payload? What do you mean, they are fighters they can’t carry a payload \s

He’s just pre-complaining about an issue that doesn’t exist.

55 minutes ago, Asgar said:

Or, all fighters have to carry rockets, no way to remove those. 

• Upvote 1

If I push the right button on my joystick the rockets remove 😁

6 hours ago, Asgar said:

? Sure they can, or are you being sarcastic?

29 minutes ago, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

The "/s" is Internet speak for sarcasm. So yes. 

Ah ok. Never knew that. Learn something new everyday.

I remember when the P51 was promised for June..  and it would be nice if at some point someone adds a cockpit to the B25 and makes it flyable even as a collector plane. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

I remember when the P51 was promised for June.

The P-51 was never promised for June.

• Haha 1

Actually, to answer fully the Pony is scheduled for end of June, but may slip a little.

:salute:

Jason

Scheduled, but not promised. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, onlyforbrian said:

I remember when the P51 was promised for June..  and it would be nice if at some point someone adds a cockpit to the B25 and makes it flyable even as a collector plane. 

As others have pointed out plans change, wishes are just what they are, and you can be sure when they actually promise something they really do mean it.

As for the B-25 I have pretty high hopes that we'll see it become a flyable. Either as part of the aircraft package for one of the next project(s) or as a Collector Plane. There's a good number of B-25s out there, Jason apparently may be able to access at least one, and the value of the B-25D fitting into scenarios from east to west to the Pacific make it an ideal bang for the buck type of aircraft. I'm excited by the possibilities but we'll have to be patient.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The P-51 was never promised for June.

Yes it was...I was chatting with  them the beginning of the year I specifically asked them "When can we expect the P51?"  And they specifically told me, and I quote..."Sometime in June"

1 minute ago, onlyforbrian said:

Yes it was...I was chatting with  them the beginning of the year I specifically asked them "When can we expect the P51?"  And they specifically told me, and I quote..."Sometime in June"

Posts like this are why developers don’t like to say when you can expect to see new aircraft.  You just turned a casual conversation into a “promise”.

• Upvote 10

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

Can you tell us who specifically said it, and what was specifically said in the rest of the conversation? Because I specifically don't take much notice of unverifiable non-specific reports of remembered conversations involving unspecified people.

Edited by AndyJWest

1 minute ago, AndyJWest said:

Can you tell us who specifically said it, and what was specifically said in the rest of the conversation? Because I specifically don't take much notice of unverifiable snippets of non-specific reports of remembered conversations involving unspecified people.

Could have been support, definitely part of IC staff..but it was at least 8 months ago... I can't remember who I was talking to last week. lol, You're asking alot. You're second sentence hints at you calling me a liar...not good.

Could have been support, definitely part of IC staff..but it was at least 8 months ago... I can't remember who I was talking to last week. lol, You're asking alot. You're second sentence hints at you calling me a liar...not good.

So basically, you can't recall anything specific about this specific conversation with an unspecified person except a few specific words? 

And no, I'm not calling you a liar. I am however suggesting that given the fallibility of human memory (which you have just confirmed applies to you), nobody need apply any particular weight to your claims of a 'promise'.

And I see no reason why IC support staff should be in a position to 'promise' anything anyway. That isn't their job. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, Asgar said:

Sure, it's just somebody else who pays.

With their virtual lives :P

Posted (edited)

Whether it was promised in June or it shows up in September as recently mentioned in a DD, I feel like it's at least two years sooner than I ever expected to see the P-51D in BoX when the series first started. I'm anxious as Hell for it but like most, I want it to be right when it does arrive. I'm confident it will be.

P-51 bottom view.JPG

Edited by Rjel
Added photo.
  • Like 5

I think I rememberJason in a thread or an interview put the timeline as “probably sometime in June, depending on a lot of factors” or something like that. Which isn’t so much a promise as the best guess at the time with the info at hand. 

A few of our models had unforeseen delays this past year due to factors out of our control. Everything I say is my best estimate on available info and our master schedule which is constantly being tweaked. Nothing new here except we build some iconic planes that many people want so the wait is harder.  

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 20

On 8/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, AndyJWest said:

So basically, you can't recall anything specific about this specific conversation with an unspecified person except a few specific words? 

And no, I'm not calling you a liar. I am however suggesting that given the fallibility of human memory (which you have just confirmed applies to you), nobody need apply any particular weight to your claims of a 'promise'.

And I see no reason why IC support staff should be in a position to 'promise' anything anyway. That isn't their job. 

Ok, maybe promise is the wrong word, back in Feb or March my question to them was "When can we expect the P51?" the answer was "We're planning on sometime in June"

Ok, maybe promise is the wrong word, back in Feb or March my question to them was "When can we expect the P51?" the answer was "We're planning on sometime in June"

So nothing remotely resembling a promise. Plans change. Delays happen. As Jason has just stated.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Nothing new here except we build some iconic planes that many people want so the wait is harder.  

Jason

Well, this is nothing new ;)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

we build some iconic planes that many people

.. P-51D and P-38 a.o. are iconic for sure !

[BTW I hope DCS gets the P-38 flyable later on as well ... incredible fighter that IL-2 gets first ... Yes !!!]

Edited by simfan2015

Is there a possibility to get involved as a tester? It is very impressive how the game developed so far

@Jason_Williams just to let you know I sent you a detailed PM explaining the sound bug that happens in MP. Iv noticed you asked people to explain it.

2 hours ago, AeroAce said:

@Jason_Williams just to let you know I sent you a detailed PM explaining the sound bug that happens in MP. Iv noticed you asked people to explain it.

I know I read it. We are updating the FMOD sound engine so a lot of what you wrote is a bit obsolete. Sorry I didn’t respond. Thanks for the detailed message though. I did send it to the team.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 3:45 PM, rowdyb00t said:

Actually, to answer fully the Pony is scheduled for end of June, but may slip a little.

Jason

Scheduled, but not promised. 

This is.jpg

• Haha 3

Talking with our squad, and through the history of American (Allied aircraft) many of my brotheren are skeptical of history repeating it self with bad F?M of our Western planes... yes was different developers who botched the F/M's. But, holding out with hope that they are much better this time. We had real pilots who flew some of the WWII aircraft in real life and tried to mentor and teach and explain the aircraft to those developers. The developers still strayed way off path, and refused to mend their ways. So, those huge flubs were locked forever in the code. We hope that our aircraft are treated much better this time.  (yes different developers). Usually we only have old training films, and stories and blueprints, etc, at nauseum to help the developers get it right.. as the pilots who flew them in combat are now few are far between. The restored aircraft that can be studied are to valuable to really fly hard and crazy like in dogfights and missions, so the pilots can go on joyrides and tell the developers what the joyrides have in F/M's. But, never gain be able to fly it like you stole it for these birds. We are at the mercy of the developers to get it more right this time. A thing like the wrong fuel tank draining first can ruin the whole aircraft forever in the modelling. Unnecessary overheating... the list is extensive. For now we have a lot of trust, even with some issues we have not with many aircraft that may never be addressed. We shall see.

1 hour ago, AKA_Ramstein said:

Talking with our squad, and through the history of American (Allied aircraft) many of my brotheren are skeptical of history repeating it self with bad F?M of our Western planes... yes was different developers who botched the F/M's. But, holding out with hope that they are much better this time. We had real pilots who flew some of the WWII aircraft in real life and tried to mentor and teach and explain the aircraft to those developers. The developers still strayed way off path, and refused to mend their ways. So, those huge flubs were locked forever in the code. We hope that our aircraft are treated much better this time.  (yes different developers). Usually we only have old training films, and stories and blueprints, etc, at nauseum to help the developers get it right.. as the pilots who flew them in combat are now few are far between. The restored aircraft that can be studied are to valuable to really fly hard and crazy like in dogfights and missions, so the pilots can go on joyrides and tell the developers what the joyrides have in F/M's. But, never gain be able to fly it like you stole it for these birds. We are at the mercy of the developers to get it more right this time. A thing like the wrong fuel tank draining first can ruin the whole aircraft forever in the modelling. Unnecessary overheating... the list is extensive. For now we have a lot of trust, even with some issues we have not with many aircraft that may never be addressed. We shall see.

There are already several American planes in the sim - the P-40, the P-39, and (if you have pre-ordered Bodenplatte) the P-47. IMO they are very well modeled, with the caveat that the strict engine regimes modeled in the sim adversely impact the US planes more than other allied craft and are something of a problem (again, IMO). I expect the P-51 will be well-modeled, and I also expect that a number of people are going to be disappointed because they are expecting a legend and will be receiving a (simulated) aircraft. 

16 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

There are already several American planes in the sim - the P-40, the P-39, and (if you have pre-ordered Bodenplatte) the P-47. IMO they are very well modeled, with the caveat that the strict engine regimes modeled in the sim adversely impact the US planes more than other allied craft and are something of a problem (again, IMO). I expect the P-51 will be well-modeled, and I also expect that a number of people are going to be disappointed because they are expecting a legend and will be receiving a (simulated) aircraft. 

yes I ordered all maps and fly them...

On 8/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, Jason_Williams said:

We are updating the FMOD sound engine

Sorry if a bit off topic but, what is an FMOD?

Have a nice day.

19 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Sorry if a bit off topic but, what is an FMOD?

Have a nice day.

https://www.fmod.com/

Man, bunch of spoiled, whiney, petulant children on this thread. Waa waa waa, where's my Mustang. Time to grow the f*ck up methinks. 😂

And for the love of god can we stop calling it the Pony, makes me want to puke, it's nearly as bad as calling it the 'Stang. 🤮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

On 8/3/2019 at 2:09 AM, onlyforbrian said:

I really hope there is a playable B-25 at some point. The fact that it hasn't been made flyable is puzzling. Lots of B-25's still flying IRL and there is no realistic rendition of one in any current simulator at this point.

3 hours ago, MasterShake said:

I really hope there is a playable B-25 at some point. The fact that it hasn't been made flyable is puzzling. Lots of B-25's still flying IRL and there is no realistic rendition of one in any current simulator at this point.

They didn't had the time and the budget to do it. As far as i understande every  gunner station need the same effort like a complete fighter cockpit. The idea from the developers is to make now the flight- and damage model and later the interior. Jason also said that he has access to 2 B-25. Fingers are crossed ;D

1 hour ago, pa4tim said:

IL-2 1946 has 12 versions of the B25

And now what? great for 1946 but uninteresting for the GB series

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Big_Al_the_Allo said:

They didn't had the time and the budget to do it. As far as i understande every  gunner station need the same effort like a complete fighter cockpit. The idea from the developers is to make now the flight- and damage model and later the interior. Jason also said that he has access to 2 B-25. Fingers are crossed ;D

And now what? great for 1946 but uninteresting for the GB series

I did not know that, that's very informative. Glad to hear we will eventually get it if all goes well. I've always liked the B-25 a lot.

Thank you!

Edited by MasterShake