TheMarauder

Game updates will download, and then NOT install

I had my install fail earlier. I went to the BoS folder and deleted the updates folder, restarted via the Launcher. Install worked.

Capture.JPG.1ebbda90564e46244f7b0cc92fdba15e.JPG

Edited by busdriver
  • Thanks 2

Thanks busdriver!!  I was starting to worry that my days as a flightsim pilot were over!  

12 hours ago, busdriver said:

I had my install fail earlier. I went to the BoS folder and deleted the updates folder, restarted via the Launcher. Install worked.

Capture.JPG.1ebbda90564e46244f7b0cc92fdba15e.JPG

Oh man thanks so much for this! 

Same here. Never had that kind of update-problem before - but moving the old "updates"-folder away was the cure. New update folder is just 2 GB, deleting the old one with 8 GB was fine for my small SSD, too.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:45 AM, silent_one said:

Thanks that fixed it for me :) 

+1. Worked for me as well.

Supposedly in the email concerning the update it’s is noted as being a problem on some systems. However, the .dll file that is supposed to be downloaded within the email I cannot locate as well! So I’m trying this route out instead.

The .dll needed to install is here:

What happened to me was pretty bizarre. I waited a few days to download the game update, then when I opened the launcher it said "Failed to update" before I even downloaded the patch! I put the new .dll in the right place and it still didnt work. Deleted the updates folder, restarted the computer, and then the update started to download.

For most people I gather the .dll worked for them, and if all else fails deleting the updates folder appears to have worked, though it did bork my graphic settings so I have to fine-tune things again. But I was up and flying in-game on the weekend for the first time in a month so I'm counting my blessings.