no "box art" for twitch

Just wondering why there is no game art for this game on twitch. It would be nice to see instead of the default question mark image.

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Because their system sucks. I’ve tried. Nightmare.

Jason

• Haha 1
40plus
1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

Because their system sucks. I’ve tried. Nightmare.

Jason

Ha! love the terse, honest response, Shame though.

E69_Qpassa_VR

Contact twitch support so they could do it for you. Not having an image seems quite indie/unprofessional game 

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
2 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Contact twitch support so they could do it for you. Not having an image seems quite indie/unprofessional game 

First of all, the images are not hosted by Twitch, but by some other database called Giantbomb that Twitch pulls from. That database is ridiculously impossible to use. I cannot add our games with a proper description and box art even though it appears anyone is supposed to be able to. I've even tried to register as a developer/publisher. Whenever I have tried to add our titles it disallows me saying I need so many "points" or some crap. I DID contact Giantbomb's moderators to try and fix this and they responded with gibbersih and no answers or special access. I gave up. If anyone else wants to try feel free. This situation is NOT ON US.

Jason

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams
58 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'll give it a try.

What’s there is not accurate and I was trying to add a single artwork for the entire series not individual products. But if you can get even one to work let me know.

Jason

On 7/27/2019 at 10:20 PM, Jason_Williams said:

What’s there is not accurate and I was trying to add a single artwork for the entire series not individual products. But if you can get even one to work let me know.

Jason

I managed to setup Il-2 Great Battles on the Giantbomb site.

https://www.giantbomb.com/il-2-sturmovik-great-battles/3030-74485/

But if i understand it correctly, developers or publishers then need to register their company here:

https://dev.twitch.tv/request-access

And then after Twitch has approved that, the developer has to link the game from Giantbomb website as a Twitch game and then it's possible to add a box art, which again needs to be approved by Twitch.

BoS itself already existed as a game before, so i guess that would need to be deleted then from Giantbomb so that people use Great Battles instead of just BoS as a Twitch game.

It's confusing as hell and i can't help any further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Oyster_KAI

By the way, is there any possibility that we merge all content into one "game engine" on title?
like "Rise of Flight united" or "DCS World", shall we have "IL-2 Great Battle"? not representate by "BOS".

[120DIS]KathoriasTV

I just noticed that Il-2 Great Battles 'box' art is live on Twitch. Looks nice, and much more appealing visually than not having any. Seems like a small detail, but people notice.

• Upvote 4

You'd think that a company like amazon and twitch would have a better process for this, but I'm glad to see the artwork is up now! Looks great! 

Sitting-Duck

Damn kids getting all hopped up on them G-fuels, doing them Tweets, and Twitching all day. Tweeters stay off my lawn! 

• Haha 2
TrueGrey

Well many people might dislike that kind of (self) promotion, but you can't deny that in the end it might be beneficial for the game/developers.

Cybermat47
On 8/3/2019 at 8:58 PM, AeroAce said:

Lol what is a Twich and do we need it?

On 8/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Wtf is a twitch?

Regards

Twitch is an extremely popular streaming service.

• Upvote 1
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Hey guys,

Yes I was finally able to get a proper piece of art onto Twitch. It depicts our Great Battles series not just BOS. Matt has tried to help me better organize the info on Giantbomb so I can add a Great Battles “game” to Twitch, but their help is ridiculously slow and Twitch is also being slow.

At least we have something now. It should not be this hard. Now how can we update YouTube to say Great Battles. That looks impossible. 

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3