Sign in to follow this  
Thad

BTL Pz IV G At The Gate

Posted (edited)

Salutations Tankers,

Updated to correct tank. I just configured a version of my Tiger At The Gate mission to feature the new Pz IV G as the player killing machine. :salute:

Place the included Audio folder in your games Missions folder. 

BTL Pz IV G At The Gate.zip

Edited by Thad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations Tankers,

I just configured a version of my Tiger At The Gate mission to feature the new Pz IV G as the player killing machine. :salute:

Place the included Audio folder in your games Missions folder. 

BTL Pz IV G At The Gate.zip 3.45 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks, but there is no Panzer IV, but Panzer III.

Am I doing something wrong?

11 minutes ago, Thad said:

I''m afraid you are doing something wrong. I just opened the firing range files and verified that the Pz IV G is there. 😑

See image below.

Range.PNG

in panzer IV at the gates mission, I though I will play as Panzer IV and not Panzer III

I fear you are correct. I will post a corrected version below. Sorry for the mix up. I have a LOT of mission files. 😕

BTL Pz IV G At The Gate.zip

is it possible to replace KV and T34 tanks with Tank crew tanks and add some Shermans?

• Upvote 2

Yes. :coffee:

59 minutes ago, Thad said:

Yes. :coffee:

Im asking mainly because I think that the old models dont have improved dmg models and of course they look worse

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the mission, thad, yesterday tested IV G on jg5 server, got killed easily by kv1, very surprising. I thought 80mm armor can be invulerable in front of F-34 cannon. I will use your task to test again:biggrin:

2 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

Thank you for the mission, thad, yesterday tested IV G on jg5 server, got killed easily by kv1, very surprising. I thought 80mm armor can be invulerable in front of F-34 cannon. I will use your task to test again:biggrin:

No tank is really invulnerable to everything. I assume you added its' additional armor. The G had a good gun but even with its' added metal sheets, it was not a world beater. :salute:

2 hours ago, Thad said:
5 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

No tank is really invulnerable to everything. I assume you added its' additional armor. The G had a good gun but even with its' added metal sheets, it was not a world beater. :salute:

Plus the additional armor of the Ausfuehrung G was only at the hull. The turret's frontal armor remained at 50mm.

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2019 at 4:05 AM, Yogiflight said:

Plus the additional armor of the Ausfuehrung G was only at the hull. The turret's frontal armor remained at 50mm.

yes I know but I see the shell hit on the hull front and my tank explored at once, since f-34 doesnt have ability to penatrate a 80mm armor

36 minutes ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

yes I know but I see the shell hit on the hull front and my tank explored at once, since f-34 doesnt have ability to penatrate a 80mm armor

OK, I understand, it was just a guess, because usually tank constructors don't do that, letting the turret front armor be a weak point. so it might have been, that you didn't think of that possibility. But yeah, sometimes you really wonder how your tank could have been destroyed by that enemy from this angle from this distance.

Thx for excellent mission!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Salutations,

Thank you, I'm glad you liked the mission. Thanks for the great video.

I've been working on a bigger and hopefully better mission featuring a Battalion of M4a2 Shermans as  you as the Commander.

It includes three actual assault missions to re-take the town captured in this mission. As the player you will be able to actually take part in two of the missions. It will be up to you which of the first ones to join. Liberate Spas or Gryada. 

It seems almost like a tank campaign. I'm about 80% through with it and will present it for playtesting soon.

Edited by Thad
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent mission Thad. I think the Mk IV-G has become my No.1 tank.

Edited by pilotpierre
  • Thanks 1

Really cool mission Thad. Thanks for that. Now the next challenge would be the PzKpfw IV SS version.😉

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I'm  up to my ears working on "The Last Bastion" a M4a2 featured mission. It is a ambitious mission with three separate battles. It's taking a lot of time to orchestrate. :coffee: 

Edited by Thad

Take your time, it is worth waiting, for sure. I am looking very much forward to your Sherman mission, too.