PatCartier

Two seaters: now let's fight !

2 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Made this video on Halberstadt gunners not dying. Have posted in Bug Reports also.

What happens if the Halb pilot shoots his own gunner with a pistol?

Yes, defo needs fixing. 

On a side note - those sparks coming off the Scarff ring look amazing. Really hope we eventually get that on all metal aircraft parts!!!

5 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

I did this just to find out... Bristol gunner was killed with four shots. Gunner in the Halb. soaked up 3 clips without wincing.

It appears to be bugged.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

He is to close to be killed , damage is registered only from some distance. BTW flare pistol is more dangerous than personal weapon - 2 shots enough to kill observer. I noticed that lots of bullets are deflect by Halb gun /mount .

17 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

He is to close to be killed , damage is registered only from some distance. BTW flare pistol is more dangerous than personal weapon - 2 shots enough to kill observer. I noticed that lots of bullets are deflect by Halb gun /mount .

I thought about the mount after the first few shots. So I set the gunner to fire at ground targets and flew circles around some trucks to get him standing.  Emptied my Mouser completely and... nothing.

6 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

I thought about the mount after the first few shots. So I set the gunner to fire at ground targets and flew circles around some trucks to get him standing.  Emptied my Mouser completely and... nothing.

I don't know if that is enough. I just got the answer from team by reporting same problem (can't kill the gunner).

Posted (edited)

Never use a Mouse when shooting at vehicles... they squeak like hell all the way down!

Edited by Trooper117
  • Haha 3

We did some testing with human gunners in the rear seat. It seems like the gunner can be killed...it's just very, very difficult. The Bristol gunner's more or less the same - but is a little easier to kill. Bursts where the gunner were killed seemed inconsistent. Two near-identical bursts wouldn't both kill the gunner. 

Only thing I can think of is that the hitboxes are misaligned, or too small for the target. I think someone suggested that the gunner's positions were protecting the gunners. This shouldn't be the case if true!! 

By any means, I'm sure a bug report's been submitted by now. We'll just have to sit tight until 1C fix the issue ;) 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, US103_Larner said:

Only thing I can think of is that the hitboxes are misaligned, or too small for the target. I think someone suggested that the gunner's positions were protecting the gunners. This shouldn't be the case if true!! 

By any means, I'm sure a bug report's been submitted by now. We'll just have to sit tight until 1C fix the issue ;) 

One thing of note in my tests, as seen in the video i did, was that shots were going through the centreline of fuselage into the gunner position as well as hitting the gun mount  - and yes the gunner wasn't getting killed, but the pilot was!

So if something is protecting gunners, why not pilots? 

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Haha 1

Can't despatch either of the sods tbh.

The Bristol bot pilots need to grow a pair. Start at 4k and they'll have you down to the ground in no time. As soon as you get near they roll, hang, then plummet another 1500m. Same for the Halby's of course.. but I was in Pfz DIII which the Biff is well capable of dogfighting ! Come to think of it the skill level was probably on random so...

Re. the kill-ability of the Biff vs Halb gunners, when seated, in the Halb his ears are level with the fuselage. The Bristol gunner is exposed shoulders up. That must make a bit of a difference.

S!

9 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

One thing of note in my tests, as seen in the video i did, was that shots were going through the centreline of fuselage into the gunner position as well as hitting the gun mount  - and yes the gunner wasn't getting killed, but the pilot was!

So if something is protecting gunners, why not pilots? 

With this knowledge Talbot almost certainly has a chubby.

So to sum up the bugs with the Halberstadt turret:

- Motion lacks fluidity when playing with someone else

- Unable to get it up past a very low angle

- No effect even with repeated attempts at point blank range

I feel personally attacked.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, J5_Hellbender said:

I think there are pills that can help this.😀

Edited by J5_Gamecock
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, J5_Gamecock said:

I think there are pills that can help this.😀

Said someone called 'Gamecock'.

( G) lost a gamecock?

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:27 PM, J5_Hellbender said:

So to sum up the bugs with the Halberstadt turret:

I feel personally attacked.

Wasn't Cl.II gun purposfully firing at low angles, alligned to shoot ground targets?

6 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Wasn't Cl.II gun purposfully firing at low angles, alligned to shoot ground targets?

Apparently, no.

W6n2Jce.jpg

In Rise of Flight the gunner is already kind of floating above the floor and doesn't actually climb on top of the fuel tank, he just stretches his arms up and still somehow manages to pull the trigger and shoot down. The same happens in Flying Circus but at a smaller angle.

As for angling upwards, there is no mention of that in literature. In Rise of Flight the gunner bends through his knees. In fact, it looks like he's floating up and down and remains kneeled throughout. In Flying Circus he remains standing up, and so you can only shoot at close to your direct 12, 3, 6, 9, etc. rather than angling upwards, which makes defensive maneuvers against a scout quite hard (aptly demonstrated to us by @No56_Hotwing, aka Waggaz), especially compared to the Bristol's scarff ring. It looks like there is enough space for the gunner to go through his knees, but I'm not sure if there's an "engine limitation" here in terms of model animation.

TL;DR: My gunner is not a bender.

Yes I noticed that. You were having to nose up and risk stall to even get close to having a shot. I’d be interested to see the angles tested on a real life surviving bird to see what angles are practical with a nuzzle to the gunsight.

S to you both btw. That was a lot of fun! You made both our wings look like Swiss cheese 

• Upvote 1