Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

24 minutes ago, simfan2015 said:

@"kb/s is kilo bit, kB/s is kilo byte. "

Yes indeed I was talking about 160 Mbit/s Download speed.

I have a 200 Mbit internet connection.

My guess is that with FIBER (cable) internet you would even get more.

Here I could get (if I pay more) up to 500 Mbit/s.

In other countries even faster and maybe people that enjoy those internet speeds could tell us what Download speeds the IL-2 Server(s) allows ?

I have a 50 Mbit/s connection and I get this speed when using Steam. Using the 1C download I rarely get 5 Mbit/s, in most cases 1,5 to 2 Mbit/s. It is their server bandwidth limiting things.

Posted (edited)

@"It is their server bandwidth limiting things."

Then I guess I really got lucky yesterday !

BTW I surely didn't get the maximum mentioned speed of +150 Mbit/s all the time, only probably for large(r) files !?

STEAM download speeds are indeed (even) better most of the time !

But on Steam I get no EA to FC, BOBP & TC ... so no option for me.

Edited by simfan2015

13 minutes ago, simfan2015 said:

@"It is their server bandwidth limiting things."

Then I guess I really got lucky yesterday !

BTW I surely didn't get the maximum mentioned speed of +150 Mbit/s all the time, only probably for large(r) files !?

STEAM download speeds are indeed (even) better most of the time !

But on Steam I get no EA to FC, BOBP & TC ... so no option for me.

This is one reason I usually wait a day or two before downloading the new patch. After the initial surge in the first day there's less hits on the server and generally less problems with updating. If you get lucky and there is no server load then you can get the update faster.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:42 PM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and delete the folder called 'updates' and backup data/startup.cfg file (it contains your settings) and data/luascripts/snapviews folder if you altered the default camera positions for yourself. Then run the laucher again. Sorry for inconvenience!

thanks a lot for the info, i actually got this error message, corrected by your instructions 😁

Updated the post with instruction how to fix the 'failed to update' error easier - no need to delete the updates folder, download this file, unzip it and replace the old one in [your IL-2 install]\bin\game - after that, the launcher should update correctly. 

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2019 at 4:42 PM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There is a file named rofuplib64.dll - please replace it with the one attached to this post (unzip it first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

Thanks mate.

57 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Updated the post with instruction how to fix the 'failed to update' error easier - no need to delete the updates folder, download this file, unzip it and replace the old one in [your IL-2 install]\bin\game - after that, the launcher should update correctly. 

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 8 downloads

Thanks, I already updated it yesterday, but today I made the replacement of the file you indicate and run again (updated again). I thought I could fix the problem with some sounds, but it wasn't like that.
Do you know why it is that? (in my case) the Me262 does not sound (it has moments when it recovers the sound, but loses it at the moment)

Thanks a lot

Hey, just had to download on small 2.9 MB update on Steam.

What was it ?

12 minutes ago, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

Do you know why it is that? (in my case) the Me262 does not sound (it has moments when it recovers the sound, but loses it at the moment) 

Yes I have this too, Its annoying Mainly in Me262 , also in external view, engine sound is very muted or missing.

I tried Dora and there are missing sounds or muted too

1 hour ago, Sneaksie said:

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 13 downloads

It actually seems like even if you have updated successfully before (with or without removing the "update" folder), you should follow this additional step of replacing rofuplib64.dll and running the launcher again, as this will get you another update of ~125MB (in my case) which was not part of yesterday's update run.

On that opportunity I can't avoid repeating what I've said for the past 10 updates or so:

The update mechanism and even more, the communication of these little "hotfixes", could need a slight improvement.

The way it's being handled right now can hardly be expected from a newcomer to be able to keep up with IMHO.

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just getting the update now. It said 2.6 GB but mine reads out at 4.1GB.

Maybe I missed something.

DL speed is meh!, around 900Kbs. Oh well, not a big deal.

I did not update the game till today, of course I got the dreaded "Failed to Update" message. I went to the forums, and of course, someone had already figured out the "work around". Game works and looks Great!!. As always,Thank you to all who work on this Great project, and to all of those who get a bit testy because things don't always work the first time, have a little patience. The developers and community Always figure this stuff out. Big project and a lot of moving parts, a hick-up now and again should be expected.

Enjoy all you do for the Community Jason, again a big "Thank You" to you and all who work on this project...

• Like 1

I also have a lot of sound muting and sometimes partly  recovering for short times. It happened in my Spit IX and P47 a few times. Before I only flew Germans and it happened there too. I have this problem yesterday after the update 1 time. Today the game crashed 1 time. 

In Tank Crew the sound problem combined with the "not so great controls" is becoming so annoying  that it completely starts to ruin the fun. For most in SP missions. I have to abort or play along with no sound.  I tried the Pz IV 2 times and the sound problem popped up after a minute or so the second trial. The first failed because I could not rotate the pilot head left/right. After another restart of the game the problem was gone. 

An other thing I noticed just before the update and I also noticed a while back also in a KV1. The guns shoot on their own and aimed as if the crewman are AI. I only noticed it on the KV1. Not always handy because at some time they tried to shoot an enemy behind a building until they ran out of amo but they also hit one om my teams AI's that drove in front of the building. 

Thank you very much for the update guys, really appreciated.:drinks:

I might finally take more of a interest in F.C. now the two seat types are finally here, the Bristol always was a favourite in R.O.F. so now all we need is that map.;)

Great to see the issues with the Prokhorovka map have been dealt with at last, well, as far as I can tell anyway.:salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

@as this will get you another update of ~125M ...

I completely re-installed IL-2 (instead of simply trying to Update to 3.102 and so I also got the 125 MB "update to the game client" as they call it !

Everything works fine yet I would like to know what this 125 MN additional Fix (?) is about.

I am even under the (false?) impression that the game in general looks even better than before ! 

I updated yesterday which failed, I erased the files in the update folder and ran launcher and that all worked.  Today I was in the game, everything was good.  I left and restarted seconds later and got the 10027 message, "Packed data verification failed.  Please restore original packed data files."

Came here and saw the fix, downloaded it, installed the file and ran launcher.  It installed another ~125MB.

All seems good again.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:55 AM, Flashy said:

@Novice-Flyer  While I agree that the price is a bit steep (especially for those of us who dont earn Dollars or Pounds), and that FC is graphically only a slight improvement over RoF, I still think its the right thing to move the WW1 planes over to the new engine, which is a significant improvement in many ways over the 32-bit RoF engine (not to mention VR).However, I do think they should have given us one new plane for each volume that isn't in RoF to make the price a bit easier to swallow,  and the uncertainty over whether there will be more volumes might end up being a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy of doom - people are uncertain if there will ever a vol 2, so they hold off buying for now, which means sales of Vol 1 arent great , so vol 2 doesn't seem profitable to make..

But either way, I'm still looking forward to the Arras map and all the new stuff that comes with that.. 

@Jason_Williams - is there any news on when the static models of the latest planes will be added to the game?

I agree with pretty much you said. I'm glad to see agreement in most areas.

One fact to mention is that in 2015 when 1C pulled away from RoF the 2 games were still running under the Digital Nature Engine; IIRC at that time there was no VR, DirectX 11 Graphics, updated game engine for IL-2 GBs. But with all the support by the devs in just 2 years, they were able to do these things. I mean, if they can do it for IL-2 GBs, then they can do it for Rise of Flight ( It would take a shorter time because they don't have to make any planes). I feel that they should update RoF to the current game engine, charge a reasonable additional fee, and then sign off forever, if not, a long while for RoF if the PTO is still a no go, or by another team, but free of any charge by 1C!

I have been watching documentaries about plane crashes since I was 6 years old, and what I've found now that I have my pilot's license is that in most crashes the Pilot is the easiest person to blame. In this case, re-doing RoF in IL-2 GBs is the easiest thing to do, but I think the better decision would be for A dev team to continue support for RoF. It will likely take 4 years to bring ALL of RoF into IL-2 GBs, but would take a shorter time to update to current standards.

By the way, RoF was supported for 6 years, IL-2 GBs has been supported for almost 5 years.

That being said, ever since I was in preschool, I have greatly liked model planes and ships. I have a great collection of them, but no WWI planes. For $70 I would buy some WWI planes. 

See you guys in the skies.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I mean, if they can do it for IL-2 GBs, then they can do it for Rise of Flight ( It would take a shorter time because they don't have to make any planes). I feel that they should update RoF to the current game engine, charge a reasonable additional fee, and then sign off forever, if not, a long while for RoF if the PTO is still a no go, or by another team, but free of any charge by 1C!

Dude, they aren't going to go back and update RoF. Let it go already. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, simfan2015 said:

@as this will get you another update of ~125M ...

I completely re-installed IL-2 (instead of simply trying to Update to 3.102 and so I also got the 125 MB "update to the game client" as they call it !

Everything works fine yet I would like to know what this 125 MN additional Fix (?) is about.

I am even under the (false?) impression that the game in general looks even better than before ! 

perhaps by re-installing it set your graphics settings higher?

@ if they can do it for IL-2 GBs, then they can do it for Rise of Flight.

Indeed, but then I would never have bought FC !

How many seperate sim-games can one learn/play at any time ?

I personally prefer all-in one installations like IL-2 and DCS.

It can indeed become quite messy that way, but is does have it's advantages like integration, key command sharing, same resources and to some extent ... learning curve (?).

So many great sim-games were abandoned ... 1C games, Maddox, ... EA at the time etc. 

For many, also non-technical reasons.

IMHO CloD is the exception to a rule (at least until now and thanks to a community of loyal players ...).

I personally do hope we get a FC II within IL-@ BOX !

Thank you to all who helped with correcting my update failure.  I re-installed everything and now its working perfectly.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I agree with pretty much you said. I'm glad to see agreement in most areas.

One fact to mention is that in 2015 when 1C pulled away from RoF the 2 games were still running under the Digital Nature Engine; IIRC at that time there was no VR, DirectX 11 Graphics, updated game engine for IL-2 GBs. But with all the support by the devs in just 2 years, they were able to do these things. I mean, if they can do it for IL-2 GBs, then they can do it for Rise of Flight ( It would take a shorter time because they don't have to make any planes). I feel that they should update RoF to the current game engine, charge a reasonable additional fee, and then sign off forever, if not, a long while for RoF if the PTO is still a no go, or by another team, but free of any charge by 1C!

I have been watching documentaries about plane crashes since I was 6 years old, and what I've found now that I have my pilot's license is that in most crashes the Pilot is the easiest person to blame. In this case, re-doing RoF in IL-2 GBs is the easiest thing to do, but I think the better decision would be for A dev team to continue support for RoF. It will likely take 4 years to bring ALL of RoF into IL-2 GBs, but would take a shorter time to update to current standards.

By the way, RoF was supported for 6 years, IL-2 GBs has been supported for almost 5 years.

That being said, ever since I was in preschool, I have greatly liked model planes and ships. I have a great collection of them, but no WWI planes. For $70 I would buy some WWI planes. 

See you guys in the skies.

Continuing support for a game in an obsolete engine is a commercial dead end. After a while it just becomes impossible to do more with it. 

You can see that with Il-2 1946 - despite all the work of talented modders (official and unofficial) there are limitations on what they can do in terms of flight modeling, graphics and gameplay within that game's engine. Going further than that requires more and more time, workarounds, and tricks that cost more than simply developing a new game on a new engine. The reason a lot of popular games survive in modding communities is because economics doesn't play into it, and labours of love can take as long as needed because there are no deadlines and no one has to be paid.

• Upvote 2

@limitations on what they can do...

Indeed, that does not only apply to gaming/simming softwares (engines).

Even the Unity engine will be replaced in time by a successor.

In commercial softwares (e.g. thinking of Oracle RDBMS)  it takes an awfull long time for many reasons, but also that will evolve or get completely replaced in time.

Novalogic had that superb VOXEL engine (used in Armored Fist and Comanche series games) and it was state of the art until hardware accelerating poligons took over (voxels could not easily be HW accelerated).

The latest IL-2 BOX engine (and DCS DX11 engine)... will also evolve or ... die !

I hope both IL-@ and DCS get Ansel support because it facilitates Multi-Processor support AFAIK.

Regards

Stefaan

Guys,

We put out the updated .dll to fix the launcher and then we released a small hotfix at the end of the day hence the lack of info. Han didn't have time to post and I was in a meeting when it got compiled so I don't know what exactly was in the hotfix. I will have Daniel post what was in it tomorrow.

Jason

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Mr Williams.

What a great and swift reply and customer service of these guys !

FWIW I am so happy I (finally) found IL-2 ... it's like my -also beloved- DCS (WWII part) ... ons steroids 🙂 

Kind regards,

Stefaan

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I can tell you're new here Stefaan.

We rarely get any answers at all especially regarding bug fixing and other gamebreaking issues, content seems to be placed way above quality.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

content seems to be placed way above quality

content? 😄

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

We rarely get any answers at all especially regarding bug fixing and other gamebreaking issues, content seems to be placed way above quality.

Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Absolute nonsense.

Any arguments? I can remember the few months we've been waiting for a fix regarding the insane server lag, it WAS fixed but it was not really discussed as the devs seems more active on the Russian speaking forum.

I remember using google translate in order to try and get a glimpse of what the hell was happening.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 32 downloads

Thanks I've been trying all morning but this should fix my problems!

56 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Continuing support for a game in an obsolete engine is a commercial dead end. After a while it just becomes impossible to do more with it. 

Well then, what about IL-2 Cliffs of Dover it’s game engine is older than the one for IL-2 GBs and both games are still being supported.

IL-2 GBs ran under the Digital Nature engine and 3 years later the devs updated the game engine to the Digital Warfare (Sturmovik) engine instead of developing a new Sturmovik game. 

BTW, I’m pretty sure that the game engine for IL-2 1946 with patch 4.14.1 is NOT compatible with PF and FB

52 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

We put out the updated .dll to fix the launcher and then we released a small hotfix at the end of the day hence the lack of info. Han didn't have time to post and I was in a meeting when it got compiled so I don't know what exactly was in the hotfix. I will have Daniel post what was in it tomorrow.

Thanks for clarifying this Jason, much appreciated.

I knew that it was no bad intentions that lead to the slightly confusing situation we've had, and we all know that things like these can happen.

Maybe someone comes up with a brilliant idea on how to avoid this in future. A more brilliant idea than what's usually pouring out of my head I mean:blush:

:drink2:

Mike

• Upvote 1

In flight but also on takeoff with Me262, the sound of the engine is no longer continuous but has become intermittent

34 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I can tell you're new here Stefaan.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and very wrong. Show me ANY other sim developer who talks about our work as much as we do. Show me please. 225 DDs (another one tomorrow) and dozens of updates and thousands of posts by the team, not to mention a couple live Question and Answer sessions etc. etc. We've steadily improved our engine and added new features and content every year since we began and especially since I took over. Simply put, your comment is ridiculous.

And we have NO "gamebreaking" issues, just one or two that are an annoyance when it pops up and we are working to fix as always. 

Jason 

10 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Thanks for clarifying this Jason, much appreciated.

I knew that it was no bad intentions that lead to the slightly confusing situation we've had, and we all know that things like these can happen.

Maybe someone comes up with a brilliant idea on how to avoid this in future. A more brilliant idea than what's usually pouring out of my head I mean:blush:

:drink2:

Mike

This is the first time such a problem with the launcher .dll has occurred in 10 years. 

Jason

• Upvote 28

11 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

And we have NO "gamebreaking" issues

Invisible planes what we reported months ago to Han.

7 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Invisible planes what we reported months ago to Han.

Not a gamebreaker, an annoyance. And as you see in our last update we have tried to fix it. If it didn't fix it then we will keep trying.

Jason

• Upvote 4

I cant finish the update, I dont know why this problem is happening. The download stopped 238 mb, and the speed of download is slow. I have changed the dll, but did not solve it.

any tips??

1909707189_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.f9c5cc367e250187628e622156a8a9e0.jpg

10 minutes ago, =BLW=Phoen1x said:

I cant finish the update, I dont know why this problem is happening. The download stopped 238 mb, and the speed of download is slow. I have changed the dll, but did not solve it.

any tips??

1909707189_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.f9c5cc367e250187628e622156a8a9e0.jpg

Did you delete the folder called "updates" in your main game folder? Delete this folder, only this very one and nothing else! Then

restart your launcher and it should work.