Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

9 minutes ago, Flitgun said:

Wow. I don't own Tank Crew or Flying Circus and yet my updater downloads a 2.14gb patch. Are all these games run from under the same bonnet (hood)?

Yes, you install everything for everything always. 

Bugger, 1.5 hours to download then get the “failed to ——-“ message. Should have canned the Updates folder prior to methinks.

However Muchos grassy arse for the update devs.

Posted (edited)

There sure is a lot of b*tching in this thread. We're one update closer to the BoBP golden gooses we've been longing for so there's something to be excited about.

And props to Martin =ICDP= Catney for the great looking 109 and 190 skins. 👍

Edited by FlyingNutcase
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I thought about the " killer surprise updates "  was a past problems already overcome. I'm trying to reinstall the entire game for the third attempt...  hope this does not become a bad habit as of now.

Edited by andres43

Posted (edited)

"Yes, you install everything for everything always. ".

IMHO That's the very best way to distribute this "Battle of series" !

It made me (no joke) decide to better simply buy eveything from the start (it's in there anyway).

It's gonna take me a while to be able to fly/drive everything, but BOX is here to stay ... surely on my SSD (unlike many other games!).

But ... I recommend (to consider) people who have these problems with updating to simply (like I did) re-install everything (so not to perform this particular update).

Re-installation took me less than an hour (but do not forget to back-up cfg and lua files first !).

Not necessary of course, but won't hurt either.

That way no remnants are ever left behind ... always a +.

I grabbed another coffe and waited a bit longer reassured that my 'update' would not fail.

Regards,

Stefaan

Edited by simfan2015

thanks very much for the update.

All the others complaining about the missing P-51.....please give the Devs more love and respect instead of complaints.

Just use your brain…..they are working hard on all Content.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

wtf, We all are not that great with computers. Now you want me to save that delete that. all i will do is screw it up .Thanks

Edited by HangmanJ30
spelling
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Could the devs add the following line in the patch list😀:

"Today we will let you experience the very first P-51 "Drama" in our sim history, please enjoy and don't forget to complain,  enjoy summer, cheers!"

BTW thank you for the hard work 1CGS team! You rule 👌

Edited by Caudron431Rafale
  • Upvote 4

Very happy with update. Thanks guys. The 2 seaters are beauts.

1 hour ago, HangmanJ30 said:

wtf, We all are not that great with computers. Now you want me to save that delete that. all i will do is screw it up .Thanks

If you are unsure, and need clear instructions just ask, you'll probably have no shortage of people offering to help. 

Just let them know which client you use (Steam / stand alone)

1 hour ago, HangmanJ30 said:

@HangmanJ30 Try this:

1. If deleting the updates folder makes you uncomfortable, rename it, like to "Updates 2019.07.25".
  2. In the Data folder, search for "startup". Copy the startup.cfg file that comes up and paste it to some easy to find place on your Desktop, like near your IL2 icon.
  3. Load IL2 and let it update.
  4. Later delete the renamed updates folder.

It's a but surprising that "saving this and deleting that" is necessary but it needn't be a game stopper. 

7 hours ago, Avyx said:

I want to delete the folder " updates" but I can't find it 

Could you please help me?! 

I'm using the Steam version 

Thank you 

There is no updater in the Steam version, Steam handles this, so you don't need to do this. Sorry, added a clarification to pinned post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@"It's a but surprising that "saving this and deleting that" is necessary but it needn't be a game stopper. "

This surely was not meant to happen.

Let's just rejoice the new content is really incredibly nice and poses no problems but instead solves issues like with the TC map(that I could fine anyway) !

Thanks !

Personally, I love the two seaters ;) thanks Devs team :good:

Great news to see products are getting close to it's finalization.

Suprised that rest of the BoBp planes are progressing so good.

I can smell new announcement in a few months and looking forward to it :)

48 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

There is no updater in the Steam version, Steam handles this, so you don't need to do this. Sorry, added a clarification to pinned post.

I'm confused about how to do this 

3 minutes ago, Avyx said:

I'm confused about how to do this 

You do nothing. Steam does everything for you. Steam updates programs fully automatically once updates become available. Don't delete something, don't copy something and everything will be fine.

I already have the latest version updated, but when I launch the game ( with the desktop shortcut ) i get the message

Please update your game.....

When I launch the game through Steam, its okay. I'd like to use the desktop shortcut...

Just now, sevenless said:

You do nothing. Steam does everything for you. Steam updates programs fully automatically once updates become available. Don't delete something, don't copy something and everything will be fine.

Correct! I have two installations, one via Steam and a standalone one. Steam never, ever caused any problems updating the game! And it's bloody fast!

The other way, standalone installation very often causes trouble when updating and it is by far slower than Steam. I observed this on different occasions.

Although I don't like Steam, it seems that the updates are managed well, stable and fast.

2 minutes ago, Avyx said:

I already have the latest version updated, but when I launch the game ( with the desktop shortcut ) i get the message

When I launch the game through Steam, its okay. I'd like to use the desktop shortcut...

Had this issue once too - just delete the existing shortcut and let Steam create a new one for you - it worked for me.

Nice Update.

The overwriting of startup.cfg got me on our Server, it's a quite annoying thing for Server operators because you don't see that something got overwritten in the first place (no visual changes like on Client games) so there's quite a chance for Servers to operate at suboptimal settings (up/down bandwidth limits, logfile creation) for some time now until the operators happen to notice this issue.

I'm glad I've had a backup of startup.cfg I could restore from the daily backup sets.

:drinks:

Mike

3 minutes ago, Avyx said:

I see, then you physically have two different installations, like myself. One with steam, the other with 1C. For the 1C installation simply follow the instructions given in this thread.

3 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

The other way, standalone installation very often causes trouble when updating and it is by far slower than Steam. I observed this on different occasions.

Although I don't like Steam, it seems that the updates are managed well, stable and fast.

It is caused by the limited bandwidth of their server(s). I usually get 50Mps downloads by Steam but rarely more than 5Mps by 1C.

• Upvote 1

Those two seaters are a real treat. Had a lot of fun trying them out last night vs the two seaters of the opposing side. There was lots of brutal shooting back at me as I was brutally shooting at them. Good stuff. I love Sturmovik, especially in VR, but I have a soft spot for the WWI planes because Rise of Flight was the game that got me into flight sims. And there is just something about that low speed, close quarters, near-to-ground dogfighting ... you're in a wicker basket with a go kart engine, basically, and trying to womp each other. So much fun. I am excited to think that Flying Circus must be near full release.

Had fun cruising around in the new tank, too, but a surprise attack reminded me that the armour isn't the strongest 😛 My poor imaginary tank crew. Looks beautiful! I love the detail of the insignia on the glass.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I see, then you physically have two different installations, like myself. One with steam, the other with 1C. For the 1C installation simply follow the instructions given in this thread.

Which instructions ?

Posted (edited)
I also experienced the problem of updating.
Once resolved I wanted to take a flight with the Me262.
The sound from the interior of the cockpit is frankly degraded ...
Edited by Krikhrychrisgibon
Change format

Excuse me but I don't have the UPDATES folder 

I think I uninstall everything and install it again 

I didn't have this kind of problems, before 

26 minutes ago, Krikhrychrisgibon said:

I also experienced the problem of updating.
Once resolved I wanted to take a flight with the Me262.
The sound from the interior of the cockpit is frankly degraded ...

What do you mean?

"Excuse me but I don't have the UPDATES folder "

Then you are probably running from Steam and then you won't have any problem (as the devs have confirmed).

I did re-install (after I downloaded the new(?) 168 mb installer from IL-2 website of course) and all went well ... but normally that is NOT needed. Only if you would run into problems.

But since I enjoy unlimited internet ... that's one way to avoid problems !

17 hours ago, ICDP said:

@Danziger @Rekt

Thanks for the mention guys.  I will get the new updated templates for the A3 and the G14 uploaded ASAP.

The 3D model of the A3 has only been modified for the specular reflections (same for the A5 and G14) but I was cheeky and asked for the 190A's to get some more polygons and was told maybe at some point (no promises).  Same for the A5 and G14.

Yeah - I noticed the A3 poly being the same.  Mainly noticeable on the Nose Cowl bumps from the cockpit view.

The new skins though from what I saw - lovely and thank you.

I hope that there are earlier model poly and skin updates rolled out down the track.  Hopefully not too much work to add to the existing models....  Be happy to compensate $$ for as well in some way or other.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone getting abysmal download speed using the launcher.exe to download and update? 100kb/sec with a good internet connection is just painful...

Everytime, painfully slow speeds using this launcher. Wish I had the game on Steam.

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

I have a very bad internet connection. Here the download was 1,2MB/s

Having so many problems with the update (I've tried many times and keep getting the same message - "failed to load the backend library" ) how would I re-install everything?

I got BOS as a gift. BOK, BOM and BOB (all premiums) I purchased. I have activation codes for all and they are all from the website, not Steam. 

25 minutes ago, Deacon352nd said:

Having so many problems with the update (I've tried many times and keep getting the same message - "failed to load the backend library" ) how would I re-install everything?

I got BOS as a gift. BOK, BOM and BOB (all premiums) I purchased. I have activation codes for all and they are all from the website, not Steam. 

Don't worry about your purchases - if a reinstall is needed, just reinstall the game, you will not miss any module you purchased, via Steam or not. Everything will

be OK. Just download the new installer from the web and you are good to go. Items gifted to you are registrated to your account, so no worries about that.

Reinstall - log in - an everything is here again. Good luck!

Posted (edited)

@"I have a very bad internet connection. Here the download was 1,2MB/s"

Yesterday for the 13-or-so GB download (Base+Update) I got up to 20 MB/s Download speed.

It then extracts the downloaded IL-2 content and installs it to your SSD ... +35 GB (nothing ... compared to DCS :-)).

Don't forget to first save your config and lua files, mods ??? (and replace those afterwards of  course) !

I don't use mods yet so all this re-installing took me less then 1 hour.

DISCLAIMER : dunno if one uses Server installs or MODs ... then YMMV.

[Maybe today everyone is updating but I would doubt that ???]

Edited by simfan2015

To be clear, 1.2MB is the highest speed I can get on my very bad connection.

Only saying that the 100 kb/s is probably not the fileserver, unless everybody tries to download at the same time.

By the way kb/s is kilo bit, kB/s is kilo byte. 1.2MB is Mega Byte and is 9.6 Mb/s. So he has only (100 kb=) 11.5 kB/s and that is extreme slow. 

Posted (edited)

@"kb/s is kilo bit, kB/s is kilo byte. "

Yes indeed I was talking about 160 Mbit/s Download speed.

I have a 200 Mbit internet connection.

My guess is that with FIBER (cable) internet you would even get more.

Here I could get (if I pay more) up to 500 Mbit/s.

In other countries even faster and maybe people that enjoy those internet speeds could tell us what Download speeds the IL-2 Server(s) allows ?

Edited by simfan2015