Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

Thank you for the update and the skins guys.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

To all those who complain about there Mustang not being there are talked about, don't forget that this is a post about an update, not a dd about things to come.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I think they mean the turret front, while the 80mm front hull has decent protection against the US 75mm and Soviet 76mm at medium ranges, the 50mm turret is still a weakspot.

Sort of. P4 80mm plate is a interesting array that is the cause of many contradictory opinions in various historical works. The 80-85mm driver plate is face hardened or a combination of plates on most models and can be defeated by M61 APCBC out to 1000m.

Same thing goes with the 20mm plate that is below the drivers plate that alot of people seem to think will just deflect shells. Vs 75mm or 76mm rounds there is sufficient over match so that the plate resists like 60ish-mm plate. (i forget the exact numbers)

Homogeneous plate was introduced on P4-J during the second half of production, which would bounce M61 even under 500m.

Terrific update, thanks again! I'm deeply impressed by both the Bristol and the Halberstadt.

I've found a small bug which I'll post here for visibility in the hopes that it can get quickly squashed: when the gunner bails out he does his sitting up animation twice.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Docjonel said:

But, but, the P-51 is my golden goose!

😭

This is more like it: I want it all, I want it now!:

2 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

our game experience quite miserable. Why do you react like that?

My game experience is fine. Soooooo wind it in? 

1 hour ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Very much enjoying the company of this polite fellow in the Bristol

20190724181712_1.thumb.jpg.a5b1f2fd23557a05f16136746ed78a89.jpg

The rear gunner in the Halberstadt is a lot less friendly, I think he's sulking...

20190724183650_1.thumb.jpg.3694ed1252a8d49ca3ac6953f4d20847.jpg

I know this is probably low priority, but would it be possible to replace the turret firing/out of ammo lines with ones without the radio effect? So just shouting, as they clearly lack microphones

The dude in the back there looks much better fed than the Russian guy in the back of the Po-2, for sure! The pilot/crew models have come a long way...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

Was supposed to be here last month

Nah, nothing was promised. Early access innit. 

• Upvote 4

Yes, thank you for another wonderful update, and giving us a small heads-up on the BoBP work. You folks are doing great! :good:

Speaking as someone with (too) many years of experience as a project lead, I will just say that a delay of a few weeks is nothing to get one's feathers ruffled over. Better to be on-spec and a bit late than off-spec and on-time, in my humble opinion.

In other news, these planes just get prettier and prettier with every release...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Really looking forward to checking all this out for the coming days.  Kinda surprised there arent mass screenshots of that sexy curvaceous Halberstadt posted here already.

For those disappointed that there's no Mustang yet, it's easy to understand why.  16 pages of discussion on it already with 626 posts predicting its probable faults from tire tread depth to octane rating to gauge of wire used for the antenna probably has the devs nervously double-checking every single last detail lest they face a horrific backlash from folks unhappy with its  _____________________________ , _______________________ and _______________________ (insert personal detail concerns here)

Edited by Stoopy
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fumes said:

Sort of. P4 80mm plate is a interesting array that is the cause of many contradictory opinions in various historical works. The 80-85mm driver plate is face hardened or a combination of plates on most models and can be defeated by M61 APCBC out to 1000m.

Same thing goes with the 20mm plate that is below the drivers plate that alot of people seem to think will just deflect shells. Vs 75mm or 76mm rounds there is sufficient over match so that the plate resists like 60ish-mm plate. (i forget the exact numbers)

Homogeneous plate was introduced on P4-J during the second half of production, which would bounce M61 even under 500m.

Interesting, hopefully in the future Tank Crew will have a more complex penetration system to take slope coefficients, overmatching, steel hardness into account.

• Upvote 2

Will you guys be releasing the last 3 bobp planes all together or seperately?

3 hours ago, csThor said:

a) The Panzer IV offers a weird driving experience, almost as if one was driving across an old-fasioned wash board.

Yay! Still downloading but looking forward to that! Anyone for a bit of skiffle?

Found this in the list of improvements:

11. Forests on the Prokhorovka map won't visibly blink...

So, what does it exactly mean? Does it still blink in the hidden, but it is not visible for us anymore?

Funny... :biggrin:

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

The dude in the back there looks much better fed than the Russian guy in the back of the Po-2, for sure! The pilot/crew models have come a long way...

Not to mention the british gastronomy...?! ah, of course! The chefs are french!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, -=-THERION said:

So, what does it exactly mean? Does it still blink in the hidden, but it is not visible for us anymore?

Funny... :biggrin:

There were some visual glitches on the map that included the forests sometimes blinking in and out of existence... sometimes rapidly. It was an obvious visual glitch although it didn't happen all the time.

1 minute ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

There were some visual glitches on the map that included the forests sometimes blinking in and out of existence... sometimes rapidly. It was an obvious visual glitch although it didn't happen all the time.

Hey mate, I know that and experienced this a lot on this map. I found it just funny, how they described the improvement of this issue. Sorry.

Nice but where is the bodenplatte map?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sevenless said:

This is more like it: I want it all, I want it now!:

Damn. As if I needed reminding just how good they were..

She keeps the Moet & Chandon, in a pretty cabinet...

...playful as a pussycat!

[Edited]

Edited by Red_Cat
Out of line. Not really; just being honest. Cheers.

13 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

So, what does it exactly mean? 

They found where someone had left the Christmas lights plugged in. 

• Haha 2

Strange I got a Failed to update in the end. Never happened before. I'l try tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

Strange I got a Failed to update in the end. Never happened before. I'l try tomorrow.

Check the pinned solution. It works. Also do backup your cfg files.

1 hour ago, IckyATLAS said:

Had that several times I just deleted the updates folder contents and all went well with the download, you may have to reset the graphics all my joystick settings were ok.

Where is the cfg files that I need to backup?  Also after deleting the updates folder and then clicking the Launcher.exe, I got a "failed to load backend library"

Now what and how do I update?

you sure you deleted the updates folder and not the "updater" folder?

The startup.cfg file is in the game  /data directory. It may also be a safeguard to backup the input directory (keybindings) and the luascripts/snapviews directory as stated by sneaksie link at top of page

However it maybe too late if you did delete the correct updates directory - check the startup.cfg date. You need to backup the file and delete the "updates" directory before re-attempting it

3 hours ago, Manstein16 said:

1). Speaking as someone with (too) many years of experience as a project lead, I will just say that a delay of a few weeks is nothing to get one's feathers ruffled over. Better to be on-spec and a bit late than off-spec and on-time, in my humble opinion.

2). In other news, these planes just get prettier and prettier with every release...

1).  I totally agree. 

2). Again, I agree, mostly. 

It is awesome that new planes are coming with higher level of detail and some of the older models are getting improved re-skins.  I really do hope that they go back and bring these improvements to the BoS/BoM/BoK Allied planes as well.  Ultimately, I'd like to see the full collection for both sides brought to the high standard that is being introduced to new planes and already retrofitted to some of the older releases.  

That said, it's not a game breaker for me if it doesn't happen but, one can dream!  

Thanks for the PzIV!

• Upvote 1

I did delete the "updates" folder not the updater folder.  I have since restored it from the recycle bin.  The startup.cfg file is dated today 7/24/19.

So if I now backup the startup.cfg and the other directories mentioned and then delete the updates folder again, I should then try the launcher.exe or just try to start up the game?

While bailing out after destroying my brand new Bristol 

I discovered that one can do that without Parachute 😬

7 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

While bailing out after destroying my brand new Bristol 

I discovered that one can do that without Parachute 😬

A mistake you'll only make once!

Well, the Bristol is simply outstanding.   Great aeroplane.

CGSqIx.jpg

The Halb is just an underpowered target.  Climbs like a bus, and the au engine really doesn't help much.  Good looker though.

GY2vgc.jpg

• Like 1

I found the bristol very good. I did in rof too

stsble as a ww2 fighter and very maneuverable

fighting the ai was a disappointment I always put random on skills in qmb. If I put high skill level, is the gunners ubermenchen da?   .  

Posted (edited)

I want to delete the folder " updates" but I can't find it 

Could you please help me?! 

I'm using the Steam version 

Thank you 

Edited by Avyx

Thanks for the update! Like many others I did have a mini-heart attack when I thought the P-51 was out but I do understand that it's not ready yet.

BOX skins

Thanks @ICDP for the work on updating the skins to 4K. It seems like a few of them are not just updates but there are new ones too! The new 4K skins for all planes paired with the new normalmaps look absolutely gorgeous and they definitely make me enjoy the game even more thanks to the detail and added immersion.

FLYING CIRCUS

I have not really dedicated any serious flight time to these planes other than a flight or two with each of them. I'm sure that when the map is out with all the other assets I will fly them more often. However, I must say I am very impressed with the detail of the models and especially with the textures/skins. You guys did a fantastic job!

TANK CREW

Just had a few minutes in the Panzer IV and looks very promising! I love the side hatch for the gunner. I cant wait to drive this puppy more, the 7.5 gun works great against soviet armor even at 2Km.

289vb5t.jpg

1zyizb8.jpg

2 hours ago, Deacon352nd said:

I did delete the "updates" folder not the updater folder.  I have since restored it from the recycle bin.  The startup.cfg file is dated today 7/24/19.

So if I now backup the startup.cfg and the other directories mentioned and then delete the updates folder again, I should then try the launcher.exe or just try to start up the game?

Backup the startup cfg, although with todays date it maybe that its too late. It usually just means that your graphics settings are reset, password/email address are no longer in it. So probably when you login you would have to enter these again.

Delete the updates folder again, then run the launcher again.

Usually just deleting the updates folder is enough to get it to download and work. Hope it works for you.

12 minutes ago, Avyx said:

I want to delete the folder " updates" but I can't find it 

Could you please help me?! 

I'm using the Steam version 

Thank you 

Where ever your game is stored, it is in the main game folder. Mine unfortunately also runs through steam, and is installed driveletter/BattleofStalingrad/steamapps/Common/il-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad  Inside there are 5 folders,  updates, bin, data, screenshots and something else. You need to delete the updates folder.

But I dont know if that path is common for all or not. I am on win7 which may also be different. But the folder is always in the BoS folder.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the update. Notice that now the Me 262 lost sound of engine when starting. Some minutes later comes again the sound of engine when flying, but 1 minutes +/- after and lost sound again. Is like a electric 262.

When the engine is starting after push the ignition, reach 6000rpm lost the sound when is reaching 8000rpm.

Exit and enter the game again and is the same.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks for help

Edited by GOA_Walter_Nowotny
Add words

17 minutes ago, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

Thanks for the update. Notice that now the Me 262 lost sound of engine when starting. Some minutes later comes again the sound of engine when flying, but 1 minutes +/- after and lost sound again. Is like a electric 262.

When the engine is starting after push the ignition, reach 6000rpm lost the sound when is reaching 8000rpm.

Exit and enter the game again and is the same.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks for help

Same, lost some sounds on takeoff. Feels like taking on in an electric car. 

20 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Same, lost some sounds on takeoff. Feels like taking on in an electric car. 

Maybe the IL2 is adapting to the climate change and is mounting electric engines

Wow. I don't own Tank Crew or Flying Circus and yet my updater downloads a 2.14gb patch. Are all these games run from under the same bonnet (hood)?

Basically, yes. But unless you own the games specific module, you won't have player access to the applicable units in that module. Except in the Viewer or use in the mission editor.  :salute: