Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

Thanks for the update.

But I have a question is any progress with the SOUND BUG, which is really ennoying?

Is there any chance you are going to stop any other work and just to focus to repair this issue?

Thanks and respect

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

meh. I don't usually disparage, but not going to beat around the bush, no p-51 in July is quite the let down. Was supposed to be here last month, July latest, not it's "several weeks out"... Better be coming with 150 octane fuel and drop tanks. Can't see how the 262 was easier to make than the p-51...

Edited by JgonRedcorn
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

Thanks for the update.

But I have a question is any progress with the SOUND BUG, which is really ennoying?

Is there any chance you are going to stop any other work and just to focus to repair this issue?

Thanks and respect

Jason answered that question on Page 2. 

Edited by LukeFF

@Novice-Flyer  While I agree that the price is a bit steep (especially for those of us who dont earn Dollars or Pounds), and that FC is graphically only a slight improvement over RoF, I still think its the right thing to move the WW1 planes over to the new engine, which is a significant improvement in many ways over the 32-bit RoF engine (not to mention VR).However, I do think they should have given us one new plane for each volume that isn't in RoF to make the price a bit easier to swallow,  and the uncertainty over whether there will be more volumes might end up being a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy of doom - people are uncertain if there will ever a vol 2, so they hold off buying for now, which means sales of Vol 1 arent great , so vol 2 doesn't seem profitable to make..

But either way, I'm still looking forward to the Arras map and all the new stuff that comes with that.. 

@Jason_Williams - is there any news on when the static models of the latest planes will be added to the game?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Personally I approve of taking the time necessary to develop the P-51, just because I´d like to have it in a as great state as the other Bodenplatte planes when they were released.

Anyway I´m looking forward to see the P-51 as soon as it is done! :)

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
Sentence structure
  • Upvote 1

The games are quite expensive to buy, but with regular updates like this, I can see how things will improve over time - not a bad investment in my leisure time!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Jason answered that question on Page 2. 

I do not see what is so funny about a bug that is making our game experience quite miserable. Why do you react like that?

Edited by JG27_Kornezov

2 minutes ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

Why do you react like that?

Because his question was answered on the last page, and because there is no way on Earth they are going to drop everything else to fix this one issue. 

Two seater Bristol fighter, Now I can take FC serious, Many thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just had a very brief look at things (having 30°C in the room is a sure way to kill off any inclination to play on the PC) but I noted two things:

a) The Panzer IV offers a weird driving experience, almost as if one was driving across an old-fasioned wash board.

b) The Halberstadt has a photo recon camera. I know that's a port from RoF but can we please add some decent recon mechanics and equipment to those a/c in BoX which served in this role? 🤓

I had the issue of the game failing to update. 

I removed the "update" folder and backed up my "startup.cfg" file and my "LuaScripts" and "data" folder.

Game updated fine. 

I had to re-enter my email but not my password.

I had to re-enable my mods as the update unchecked my "Mods" box.

Graphics and other settings remained as before, I did not have to replace any of my backed up files or folders.

Now everything works as it did before the update.

Thx for the update! Nice to see some more WWI planes. I'm  also a little bit disappointed of the crestive tempo of new theatre planes and maps. It looks like everything slower down since BoS and BoM. But I try to understand it.

I have one question - is some upgrade of the engine of MP in plans? Since I have fpsVR I can see that every second on highly octupate servers like WOL comes a spike of high usage of cpu (I have i8600 @5GHz) and it sometimes make a gpu choking. VR frames go down and everything looks double. Was it addressed?

Level bombsights for the 2 seaters 😎

Very cool. Take your time with the pony.

Very much enjoying the company of this polite fellow in the Bristol

20190724181712_1.thumb.jpg.a5b1f2fd23557a05f16136746ed78a89.jpg

The rear gunner in the Halberstadt is a lot less friendly, I think he's sulking...

20190724183650_1.thumb.jpg.3694ed1252a8d49ca3ac6953f4d20847.jpg

I know this is probably low priority, but would it be possible to replace the turret firing/out of ammo lines with ones without the radio effect? So just shouting, as they clearly lack microphones

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The A3 is my new favorite plane. I love the skins and normal map. @ICDP has raised the bar again! Don't think I didn't notice the unmentioned update to the 3d model as well. The A3 got the super details of the D9 and it looks glorious! 

6 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

The rear gunner in the Halberstadt is a lot less friendly, I think he's sulking...

He is badass!

''The Biff'' is here! Now all we need is the map... great update, keep at it chaps!!!

• Like 1

Interesting update.

Any chance to see the flashing smoke glitch fixed some day? I guess not.

I wonder - how's the Panzer IV "an interesting mix of powerful weaponry and lacking armor"? It was (just) protected against its own fire at its own effective combat range. Isn't that the main point of a good balance?

@Danziger @Rekt

Thanks for the mention guys.  I will get the new updated templates for the A3 and the G14 uploaded ASAP.

The 3D model of the A3 has only been modified for the specular reflections (same for the A5 and G14) but I was cheeky and asked for the 190A's to get some more polygons and was told maybe at some point (no promises).  Same for the A5 and G14.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

I know that many people here are eagerly awaiting the Mustang and Tempests and are as such disappointed, but the Bristol and Halberstadt are my favourite planes in Rise of Flight.

To see them finally ported over to Flying Circus is a dream come true.

Thank you for making this happen, 1C/777.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, csThor said:

Just had a very brief look at things (having 30°C in the room is a sure way to kill off any inclination to play on the PC) but I noted two things:

a) The Panzer IV offers a weird driving experience, almost as if one was driving across an old-fasioned wash board.

b) The Halberstadt has a photo recon camera. I know that's a port from RoF but can we please add some decent recon mechanics and equipment to those a/c in BoX which served in this role? 🤓

Salutations tankers,

I was playtesting my upcoming tank mission and had added the new Pz IV g with the added armor.

Just an observation, It 'seemed' that this version is slightly more effective offensively, at least versus M4a2s. :salute:

• Thanks 1

I'm so happy to get my hands on the Brisfit again. The core IL2 crowd may not be too excited for this but there are dozens of us who are.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update, super cool stuff !!👍

13 minutes ago, ICDP said:

@Danziger @Rekt

Thanks for the mention guys.  I will get the new updated templates for the A3 and the G14 uploaded ASAP.

The 3D model of the A3 has only been modified for the specular reflections (same for the A5 and G14) but I was cheeky and asked for the 190A's to get some more polygons and was told maybe at some point (no promises).  Same for the A5 and G14.

Check the landing gear and wheel bay interiors. Unless you did some crazy good magic with the skin texture and normal map, I would say they updated it to the D9 standard. Either way the result is beautiful.

I for one had not excpected the p-51 to be ready just yet, very happy they still relese update with whats alredy ready 😄 .

Halberstadt was one of my favorit planes in ROF 😄

2 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Check the landing gear and wheel bay interiors. Unless you did some crazy good magic with the skin texture and normal map, I would say they updated it to the D9 standard. Either way the result is beautiful.

Yeah, all texture and normal map work, same as on A5 and A8 but the excellent D9 was an inspiration.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I love the Halberstadt CL.II skins. I like the hand painted* style.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by szelljr

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Cockpits 95%. FMs several weeks out, under development.

Jason

But, but, the P-51 is my golden goose!

😭

30 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender said:

I know that many people here are eagerly awaiting the Mustang and Tempests and are as such disappointed, but the Bristol and Halberstadt are my favourite planes in Rise of Flight.

To see them finally ported over to Flying Circus is a dream come true.

Thank you for making this happen, 1C/777.

Yep, really like the Halberstadt

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fumes said:

What does the part about engine power being fixed from the power settings helper mean?

I think it means that if you have engine assists on, the helper now functions correctly at high altitude without costing you power.

Posted (edited)

Great update, the new planes, tank are out-of-this-world in 4K Ultra Max settings !

[Now getting me an RTX 2080 Super to make it all smoother because ... max settings really needs quite a beefy PC to also enjoy the ride, understandably]

About the Update : to circumvent potential Update issues I simply wiped IL-2 off the disk and completely re-installed.

I saved my settings file and lua files first of course !

Within 1 hour eveything was again as before with the shiny new updates included.

This is something I can't possibly do with my close to 200 GIG DCS World installation (even using the Torrents) ... it still takes too long.

But easy to do with IL-2.

Perfect ... everything is included in 1 install ... BOX, TC, FC !

Thank You all.

Stefaan 

Edited by simfan2015

2 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Yep, really like the Halberstadt

The Halberstadt is my favourite plane in Rise of Flight.

So far, she exceeds all my expectations, and many bugs regarding ground handling and the gunner being killed when flipping over seem to be a thing of the past.

Thank you!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JtD said:

I wonder - how's the Panzer IV "an interesting mix of powerful weaponry and lacking armor"? It was (just) protected against its own fire at its own effective combat range. Isn't that the main point of a good balance?

I think they mean the turret front, while the 80mm front hull has decent protection against the US 75mm and Soviet 76mm at medium ranges, the 50mm turret is still a weakspot.

I had no issues with failed update,  various reasons for failed update, could be AVAST blocking, Windows defender blocking, overlays i.e. Precision X1 or such. MSI..ect....