ArchaicWarrior

How to setup your turret

Defiant flyable   

10 members have voted

1. 1. please make Defiant flyable - totally new tactics needed

• YES, I want a flyable defiant
    • Maybe, but only if we get the P96 too

Poor gunner, he need turn the turret - if is not jammed, sit in the door, take parachute in storage, put the parachute for then bail-out, probable very few manage to do this.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 2

Appreciate the interest, but TF will not be doing a flyable Defiant... the amount of work required to complete this is the same as doing a cockpit and gunner position for a twin engined bomber.

The Defiant does not have a lot of interest from the general community... most people are focused on other more competitive aircraft which saw longer service.  It is unlikely many people would fly the aircraft if modeled.

TF has limited resources and therefore we have to assign our 3D artists to projects which we know will be popular and well used.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fully understand about what your saying - Time, money and resources.  However, I wouldn't discount the amount of new players and/or die hard Cliff players in the community that would want to play this AC, esp in the role as a nightfighter in an Scripted SP.

Maybe one day if successful with TF 5?  :salute:

• Like 1

I looked at the cockpit of the pilot and gunner of the defiant (from the outside), and found them very detailed. So obviously someone had put a lot of effort creating them. I don't care if they aren't high detailed. I don't care if there isn't any working switches etc. Rough & working is fine.

9 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Poor gunner, he need turn the turret - if is not jammed, sit in the door, take parachute in storage, put the parachute for then bail-out, probable very few manage to do this.

yes, but gunner is only working class, not like noble pilot, so  doesn't matter ... :D  

10 hours ago, ArchaicWarrior said:

I looked at the cockpit of the pilot and gunner of the defiant (from the outside), and found them very detailed. So obviously someone had put a lot of effort creating them. I don't care if they aren't high detailed. I don't care if there isn't any working switches etc. Rough & working is fine.

yes, but gunner is only working class, not like noble pilot, so  doesn't matter ... :D  

You are misunderstanding how the game displays its models to the player.

The cockpit in the aircraft external model graphic is a different graphic model from the internal cockpit graphic model... it is low resolution, non-functional and rudementary... meant only for viewing from a distance.

The internal cockpit model is a completely different graphic model.  The game places the internal cockpit model on view when the player is inside that cockpit.  The game places the external model, (including the external model cockpit) on view for players to look at when in outside aircraft.

CLIFFS OF DOVER and TOBRUK are professional level games... we are not going to include unfinished models in these games. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ArchaicWarrior said:

yes, but gunner is only working class, not like noble pilot, so  doesn't matter ... 😄  

"They are expendable".:hunter:

British Pathé newsreel praising the Defiant

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 2

I've just found the P 92, twin engine with a massive turret with 4 x 20mm cannons. That would be SO COOL to fly !  :D

Top speed - 100 mph, ceiling - 100 feet, range - 100 feet.. 

joking

On 7/25/2019 at 5:47 AM, Sokol1 said:

"They are expendable".:hunter:

British Pathé newsreel praising the Defiant

Wonder if these guys ever shot off their own tail with it ...

On 7/24/2019 at 12:54 AM, Sokol1 said:

or even scratch his nose ...