Sign in to follow this  
SCG_Neun

Hold your fire

Those nasty Tiger tanks are killers with those long range guns....but let me ask you this.....If I trigger my artillery with an activate/check zone, mcu and use the "attack area" can I make them hold their fire until the enemy is closer?  I'd like to place my guns just in the woods concealed a bit more than usual and have them unleash their salvos at closer range.  Or I guess I could have them spawn at the right time as well?  Maybe you mission builders have a way to do this that is easier?  I'm new to all this...  

The attack area command will only work in the area that is covered by it.  So you would need to move the attack area near your guns. Then I suggest place a trigger with a small diameter close to the guns to spawn in the guns. If you don't set the ambush this way you may find the Tanks shoot at a long distance and wipe out your guns.

Posted (edited)

Sounds good, thanks Jacko.  Just tried it out....devastatingly yummie.

Edited by SCG_Neun

14 hours ago, SCG_Neun said:

Those nasty Tiger tanks are killers with those long range guns....but let me ask you this.....If I trigger my artillery with an activate/check zone, mcu and use the "attack area" can I make them hold their fire until the enemy is closer?  I'd like to place my guns just in the woods concealed a bit more than usual and have them unleash their salvos at closer range.  Or I guess I could have them spawn at the right time as well?  Maybe you mission builders have a way to do this that is easier?  I'm new to all this...  

It's simple)

1) At the mission beginning give your guns a command Force Complete

2) When nasty Tigers enter into the Check Zone then deactivate Force Complete and give your guns a command AttackArea/Attack Ground Targets

3) If you want the tanks don't attack the guns before you need then set Unengageable in the guns option menu

4) When you need you can set Engageable for the guns using command Behaviour

5) If you want to delete guns markers set their names NOICON

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.8cfba9e3dd34b033895db37042c2573e.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Thanks BlackSix