Sign in to follow this  
namhee2

the 586 fighter regiment

Hi, I'm looking for so much information, about the 586 fighter regiment, which consisted only of women, is there already skin for the Yak1 of the regiment?

history
The regiment was set up in 1941 in Engels at the behest of Marina Raskowa under the name aviation group No. 122. Commander of the all-women unit was Yevdokiya Berschanskaya, chief of staff Irina Rakobolskaya, regimental engineer Sofia Oserkowa and navigation officer Sofia Bursaeva. The pilots were recruited from members of the civilian air fleet and aerobics, the navigators came from the OSSOAWIACHIM or were university graduates. From February 1942 began the formation and training of the crews under the designation 588th Air Regiment. On May 23, the unit was transferred to the front as part of the 218th night bomber division under Dmitry Popov. The first operations began on June 8, 1942 in southern Donbass in the Konstantinovka-Melechowka-Rasdorska section. Other areas of action were the Caucasus and the Crimea, where supplies for the bridgehead Eltigen were flown. On February 8, 1943, the order was given to give the Regiment the title of 46th Gardeflieger Regiment, which happened on June 10 with the awarding of the guards banner. For the achievements in the reconquest of the peninsula Taman in September / October 1943 the nickname 46th Tamaner Guards Regiment was awarded. During the battles for Sevastopol, the unit was temporarily subordinate to the 2nd Stalingrad night bombing division under Kuznetsov, when used in the 2nd Belarussian Front from the summer of 1944, the 325th night bomber division. The last combat missions took place at Danzig, Szczecin, Koszalin and against the port of Świnoujście. In November 1945, the regiment, the bearer of the Red Banner and the Suvorov Order III. Class was dissolved.
In total, the regiment flew 23,672 missions and dropped about 3,000 tons of bombs. It destroyed or damaged 17 major bridges, 9 trains, 26 ammunition and fuel depots, 176 trucks and 86 firing positions. On average, every pilot completed almost 1,000 missions. Of the 29 women who were awarded the title "Hero of the Soviet Union" in World War II, 23 were members of the Night Witches. 14 women were killed in the fighting.
Other, consisting only of women troops were the 586th Fighter Regiment with Tamara Kasarinowa as commander and the 587th Bomber Regiment under the leadership of Marina Raskowa.

220px-Lydia-Litvyak.jpg

97985e2f82f4687ea90c14e59fcfda66.jpg

liltvyak1.jpg

304493754.jpg

• Haha 1

Not sure if this is helpful but someone made a comic about lydia litvyak on gofundme was supposed to be historically accurate from what I read. Maybee you would like that.

• Thanks 1

everything would be helpful, I'm just in the process of making some missions work, with female voices from the old il2 1946, all that's missing is a female pilot

Edited by namhee2

2 minutes ago, namhee2 said:

I'm just in the process of making some missionary work

Weeelllllll,.........this is quite misleading😍 (sorry, I just couldn't resist)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rekt said:

I just want to know what the three ladies in the background are up to!

Washing their hands. You can see water splashing down from the woman on the left and the woman on the right is waiting for the woman in the centre with the cup to pour the water on her hands.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

By the looks of the stance They appear to be playing some form of two-up !

Looks like dice right?lol

They shoot craps in the VVS?

18 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Washing their hands. You can see water splashing down from the woman on the left and the woman on the right is waiting for the woman in the centre with the cup to pour the water on her hands.

I spent a lot of time flying as part of Russian crews, handwashing was almost a ritual, done in the same way of that photo 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1