Sign in to follow this  
rowdyb00t

Does the SLI option work with VR??

I’ve done a search for this answer and found that it’s an unsolved issue at least for VR. I was tossing the idea around about getting a 2080ti but I thought it would be cheaper for me to add another 1080ti. 

Rowdy,

Very few of our customers have SLI and VR, but it should work with VR and I have confirmed this with my lead programmer when this question had come up before. But remember, the more powerful the two cards the smaller the gain. I would go with the 2080ti. I have one and it's great.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I can also confirm that sli works with 2 1080ti's.

But as Jason said i would go with the 2080ti, the gaming industry and card manufacturers are slowly phasing out SLI tech and you can run into some super strange compatibility issues and trouble running certain titles. get the 2080ti! you wont regret it.

Edited by -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor
  • Thanks 1

Wouldnt bother with SLI, sold my other 1080ti not too long ago and will just hang onto that until another generation comes out. 

4 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

I’ve done a search for this answer and found that it’s an unsolved issue at least for VR. I was tossing the idea around about getting a 2080ti but I thought it would be cheaper for me to add another 1080ti. 

Buy a 2080ti or wait with your current 1080ti. I'm using one for VR and it work wonders.

Very pleased with my EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 with VR.

Also though keep in mind a lot depends on balance with the rest of the system.