Posted (edited)

Air Combat Group Campaign Server

site_logo.png

ACG offers a unique immersive experience, missions take place on Sunday evenings between approximately 18:30 and 22:00 GMT with individual squadrons flying their sorties within a smaller window during this timeframe. Verbal mission briefings take place at specified times during the mission.

Players will be assigned a virtual pilot, which is part of a squadron, and will be expected to fly with and carry out the squadrons orders as a group.

Pilots need to be on comms with their squadron using ACG’s Teamspeak server, and will need push-to-talk enabled to transmit. Once you join the ACG Teamspeak server on a Campaign evening, you will be assigned to a squadron to fly with for the mission. You must listen to your squadron commander and fly as a unit. This is a persistent style mission so you have only one life and cannot respawn a second time, unless your squadron has multiple targets and has the ability of refuelling at a forward operating base, these will be outlined in the mission briefing. 

Teamspeak whispers will allow you to hear other squadron commanders and ground controllers so as to better coordinate the ongoing battle, hear mission updates and requests for assistance.

Mission briefings take place with the use of PAM. This is ACG’s Pilot and Mission Database where all After Action Reports, Briefings etc. are logged and documented. We call this ACG’s Paperwork Simulator.

czeisbN.jpg

Here for instance you can take a look at the Briefings and mission overview of a past mission.

Note that there are no objective markers on the map, Only friendly airfields. The objectives have to be located by the squad from the mission briefing. Once the mission is complete players can fill out an after action report to give their virtual pilot some continuity, including air and ground claims for a more authentic experience. The AAR can be submitted using PAM sometime during the following week.  It helps if your kills are witnessed to confirm the kill.

Pilots will need to check the briefing which is published on PAM either Friday or Saturday for server password, Mission directives, and take off time.

If you would like to give this a try then please come and say Hi over at the reception area of the ACG forum, stating an intention to give ACG a try, which can be found:

Forum

Discord

Teamspeak

For more information on how ACG operates, take a look at the ACG Field Book.

All feedback is welcome, tell us what you like as well as what you didn’t like.

See you in the skies

Edited by ACG_Woop
  • Like 1

I would just like to say , that I have flown here 5 or 6 times, and I find it to be hugely entertaining, and immersive. Well worth a try !

Hello,

Very interesting and huge amount of work (logbook, mission, etc..), congratulations !

We have some players interested, but we will probably not be able to be present at every mission, it's embarrassing ?

Some of us have an low-medium english level, it's a problem ? can we have a specific channel for a french patrol ?

Thanks !

24 minutes ago, -IRRE-Genius said:

Hello,

Very interesting and huge amount of work (logbook, mission, etc..), congratulations !

We have some players interested, but we will probably not be able to be present at every mission, it's embarrassing ?

Some of us have an low-medium english level, it's a problem ? can we have a specific channel for a french patrol ?

Thanks !

I believe you need to be part of ACG to fly the campaign as they do not allow other squadrons to be part of it. So you have to enlist to be part of it. I have tried the campaign and it is indeed awesome and very well organized.

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 3:59 PM, LP1888 said:

For some reason I am blocked ?

Check PM. Not sure what you mean.

20 hours ago, -IRRE-Genius said:

Hello,

Thanks !

Thank you, we do pride ourselves in the effort that goes into creating our Campaign.

On the other matter you mention, we generally look for potential new ACG members, but it is worth contacting us on Discord about this. You can find the link on our main page, under Comms. I personally would not be against having guest squadrons taking part in the campaign from time to time. It is however not general practice for us to take on a group of people.

English level is not a problem, we already have a few French people who would be willing to help out. We are however a mainly English speaking group, so coordinating with other squadrons would not quite work...

19 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I believe you need to be part of ACG to fly the campaign as they do not allow other squadrons to be part of it. So you have to enlist to be part of it. I have tried the campaign and it is indeed awesome and very well organized.

Not necessarily, guests are welcome to take part in a few of our missions.  One must however become a member to enjoy all the features that our Campaign offers (After Action Reports, persistent characters, medals, full mission briefings etc.). Thanks for your kind words Riksen!

Edited by ACG_Woop