Marianggello

Which collector’s plane as first?

Hello my friends, 

could you advise me in the order which collector’s plane buy as first? So far it looks like Yak-1b and La-5FN will be the first, don't know which then but I'd like to get any advice from you guys.

U-2VS obviously... 

Then, both Yak-1b and La-5FN are worth buying, which you'll like the most is down to personal preference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buy them in the order you prefer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hs 129 is fantastic if you’re into ground attack. It’s a real treat

Edited by Asgar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marianggello said:

Hello my friends, 

could you advise me in the order which collector’s plane buy as first? So far it looks like Yak-1b and La-5FN will be the first, don't know which then but I'd like to get any advice from you guys.

If you already dont have them with premium DLCs, and your after performance, then in this order:
La5FN
Yak-1B
Fw-190A3
Bf-109G6

La5

Spitfire Vb

P-40E
rest you dont need

• Like 1

I prefer FW 190 A-3. I did some reading before buying, and I chose that beauty. It turned out to be my favourite plane since.

• Like 2

If you plan on using it online, I would go with 190A3 and Yak1B as it both are very competitive and are commonly availaible on the servers, the La5FN is also nice but its somewhat limited on availability. If you like underdogs then the G6 and the Vb are the choices :salute:

• Like 1

Honestly, it is hard to tell a person what to buy because it completely depends on their play style and their own personal likes and dislikes.

For instance, somebody said the HS 129 - for me, I would actually put this as the worst one, lol. The La-5FN is great - but if you play single player campaigning - well, the time window for it's historical use in the current game is very small. The two that I am personally most happy I have of the lot are the P-40E and La5 - but what works for me and what I like may not be what you like.

• Like 1

There is no "tiers" or anything like that, it's just a bunch of realistically simulated WW2 warbirds, so like other guys pointed out it's completely up to you, your style and your wishes. Personally, being an avid groundmover, Hs 129 takes the cake, followed by A-20, then legends like Po-2 and Ju-52, only then fighters. If you're gonna buy them all, it doesn't matter anyway. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CrazyDuck said:

There is no "tiers" or anything like that, it's just a bunch of realistically simulated WW2 warbirds, so like other guys pointed out it's completely up to you, your style and your wishes. Personally, being an avid groundmover, Hs 129 takes the cake, followed by A-20, then legends like Po-2 and Ju-52, only then fighters. If you're gonna buy them all, it doesn't matter anyway. 

I love ground-moving too! But damn, just don't like the Hs 129 at all...give me an IL-2 any day - or better yet - Typhoon!!!!! ...Mosquito...Beaufighter 😉 - But each to their own - there are a number of interesting birds, each with their own personality. Looking forward to what is yet to come. 😃

• Upvote 1

Mp or SP?

Which side?

What do you want to do with it?

My favorite of the lot is the FW190 A3, but I'm a FW 190 fan.  Fun fighter at its height relative to the competition.  Does ground attack too.  But t's not going to do you much good if you want to fly Russian :) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Mp or SP?

Which side?

What do you want to do with it?

My favorite of the lot is the FW190 A3, but I'm a FW 190 fan.  Fun fighter at its height relative to the competition.  Does ground attack too.  But t's not going to do you much good if you want to fly Russian :) 

Mostly on SP.

Is that FW190 A3 very different in playstyle from other FW's?

The A3 flies pretty much like the rest.  It's a little smaller and lighter than the later Antons.  Slower in absolute terms but faster relative to the planes it is likely to meet.  So no, it's pretty much an FW.  Keep it fast and watch out for the stall.

FW has been my favorite WWII plane for decades.  I think it is one of the most fun planes to play in a campaign because the mission mix is so interesting.  You can fly fighters and get in a fair dose of ground attack, or you can fly ground attack and freelance looking for trouble after you drop your bombs.  

• Like 1

No same playstyle. 

However me being a groundpounder flying mostly red due to balance. If  I choose a russian fighter I choose LA 5. 

LW it would be A3. 

Great planes both

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hajo_Garlic said:

Mc202 cuz no1 else said it!

Yes, there's really no other plane you need. 
Why would you ever want to fly anything other than the ferrari of the sky? *slaps the side of the Macchi*

Edited by [RBRI]Khaela
spelling
  • Haha 3

On 7/18/2019 at 8:47 PM, Redwo1f said:

I love ground-moving too! But damn, just don't like the Hs 129 at all...give me an IL-2 any day - or better yet - Typhoon!!!!! ...Mosquito...Beaufighter 😉 - But each to their own - there are a number of interesting birds, each with their own personality. Looking forward to what is yet to come. 😃

Yeah, Hs 129 is challenging to be successful in, to say it politely. Anyway, has a certain charisma which makes you want to die in it again and again. 😄

• Haha 1

Well. 

I am not too fan of La5s  but for someone that uses to fly reds most of the time I guess is the best choice.

I like G6 and spitfire. P40 is funny as well on 41 maps. 

And the 190A3  I am not too fun because i preffer A5 allways so... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2019 at 6:27 PM, Hajo_Garlic said:

Mc202 cuz no1 else said it!

Somebody had to do it.

My choice would be the Yak 1b. So satisfying to fly and very versatile. 

Po2 for memes and fun.

• Like 1

I would go with the P-40, it is completly different than any other plane on the eastern front and fun to fly 

• Like 1

From an Allied perspective,   the Yak-1b is probably the most popular aircraft to fly in MP if you cannot get the Spit IX and even then many will stick with the Yak because they don't like wing mounted guns.    I am not saying it is *everyones* favourite but it is the most common choice. On the other hand, if you already have the Yak-7b then they are very similar in terms of performance.  There is as myth that the 7b is slower, climbs worse etc.  but if you look at the actual figures the differences are so small as to be unnoticeable outside a laboratory.  The only effective difference is that the 1b has an excellent rear view and the 7b has a merely 'very good' rear view plus slightly more firepower.  Personally,  I prefer the 7b because I find the increase in lethal damage noticeable and it feels like a more stable gun platform.

The La-5FN is a very powerful plane *if you know how to fly it* as it is not good for someone who likes to turn tight circles which is the majority of people.   Flown in a similar manner to the FW190s, ie diving from altitude and using rolls instead of turns, then it is very effective though it should be said that many people complain that you need to adjust your gunnery style as its high mounted nose guns can confuse you.   It is pretty fast on the deck so if you are frequently frustrated by Axis fighters diving away and running home faster than you can then you will like the LA5FN as it can catch almost all of them in a long chase.

The third choice, eg if you already have a Yak-7b and don't like flying B&Z style,  is the Spitfire.   Extremely nimble and very effective guns as long as you shoot at the correct convergence.  The Cons are that it is slower than most opponents and it has limited ammo.   Find a 109 stupid enough to try turn fighting with you, and there are plenty,  and don't try taking multiple potshots outside your convergence range and you will find the limited ammo is not a major issue as a one second burst will kill them easily.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1