What Pacific battle are you looking forward to the most?

Enceladus

What Pacific Battle are you looking forward to the most?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) are you looking forward to?

• Midway ( Including Wake Island and Coral Sea)
    • Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands)
    • New Guinea
    • Philippines
    • Okinawa (Including Iwo and Chichi Jima)
    • Other (Please comment)

twilson37

I think New Guinea would be the most practical. Midway would be a very short campaign(3 days), a Guadalcanal, Okinawa Campaign would cover vast distances(the distance from Buin to Henderson Field or Okinawa to the Home Islands is like 350 miles).  A Leyte Gulf Campaign could work but I think based on the aircraft we already have, the relatively short distance(though still bigger than most of our current maps), the length of the campaign, and the parity of forces engaged, that the New Guinea campaign would make the most sense. Furthermore, it does not require adding carrier forces or invasion fleets to an already full plate for the developers just trying to develop Japanese flight models with such an overall lack of data, and new weather patterns would most likely be needed for the severe weather of the South Pacigic.  On a personal note  flying over the Owen Stanley Range in zero vis in a shot up A-20 sounds like some serious white knuckle flying.

• Upvote 2
Gambit21
20 minutes ago, twilson37 said:

I think New Guinea would be the most practical. Midway would be a very short campaign(3 days), a Guadalcanal, Okinawa Campaign would cover vast distances(the distance from Buin to Henderson 

I’ve covered this many times - there’s easy work-arounds for distance.

Force parity is one of the defining characteristics of the Guadalcanal campaign. 

• Upvote 1
Trooper117

Guadalcanal has to come with or directly after Midway... I can remember with the old IL2 flying the Guadalcanal campaign 'Cactus Diary' and for me, it was the most enjoyable Pacific campaign out there.

On a side note, another enormously enjoyable and brilliant campaign was ''White Sun, Blue Sky'' with the Flying Tigers with 70 odd missions, truly fantastic stuff at the time!

• Upvote 1
01Wingchaps

I'd LOVE to see a campaign based on the Flying Tigers, but getting sufficient information on the Japanese aircraft necessary probably makes that impossible...

Gambit21
6 hours ago, 01Wingchaps said:

I'd LOVE to see a campaign based on the Flying Tigers, but getting sufficient information on the Japanese aircraft necessary probably makes that impossible...

I’ve seen 3 Oscsrs fly together doing a demo.

01Wingchaps
15 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I’ve seen 3 Oscsrs fly together doing a demo.

THERE'S HOPE!

FlyingShark
On 3/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, Trooper117 said:

I can remember with the old IL2 flying the Guadalcanal campaign 'Cactus Diary'

On 3/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, Trooper117 said:

On a side note, another enormously enjoyable and brilliant campaign was ''White Sun, Blue Sky'' with the Flying Tigers with 70 odd missions, truly fantastic stuff at the time!

Those where the days, me too I remember enjoying these campaigns.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Gimpel

1943-44. confrontation with F6F, F4U, Ki-84, Ki-61 and (especially!) J2M3.

B6N, B7A, TBM/TBF, SBD-5, PBM, PBY.

3 hours ago, Gimpel said:

All great choices, but I would add the N1K1 and -2 Shiden Kai as well. This was my favorite in the old days and could handle the the F6f and F4U in most fights just fine. Really fun to fly.

• Like 1
CountZero
3 hours ago, Gimpel said:

And what historical map that fits game can use all thouse airplanes in one DLC ? also thats more 44-45 timeline then 43-44.

8 минут назад, CountZero сказал:

А какая историческая карта, подходящая для игры, может использовать все тысячи самолетов в одном DLC? также это больше временная шкала 44-45, чем 43-44.

филиппины. марианские острова.

philippines. mariana islands.

26 минут назад, Props сказал:

Все отличные варианты, но я бы также добавил N1K1 и -2 Shiden Kai. Раньше это был мой фаворит, и он отлично справлялся с F6f и F4U в большинстве боев. Действительно весело летать.

Yes. I forgot about him. exactly.

Good point Count Zero, definitely '44-45 at Okinawa, late Phillipines, Iwo Jima perhaps. I would still be happiest with a '42-'43 Solomons campaign myself regardless of my delight in the George.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:10 AM, Props said:

I would still be happiest with a '42-'43 Solomons campaign myself regardless of my delight in the George.

That’s because, for all kinds of reasons that I’ve illustrated in detail over the years, this is the smartest way to go...and you are obviously a smart damn person. ;)

• Haha 1

If we ever gotten to PTO, we should not start at the end. There should be China, we should have it all, chronological. 

We should have New Guinea, Burma , christ this brand could live 100 years

If it get a new game engine and be capable to make more people in servers , all these battles will bring in a great deal more people, and we get back quite a few that left.

I miss the old days with real wargame in servers. Now we just get scavengers waiting for a victim

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1
FlyingShark
4 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

There should be China, we should have it all, chronological. 

We should have New Guinea, Burma

Oh yeah, Flying Tigers with early P40's.

Singapore with Brewster and our Hurricane would feel right at home there too.

Have a nice day.

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Oh yeah, Flying Tigers with early P40's.

Singapore with Brewster and our Hurricane would feel right at home there too.

Have a nice day.

Love the real-life P-40, but engine modeling in the current sim version was a big let-down - I for one am not interested in repeating that.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
FlyingShark
1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

Love the real-life P-40, but engine modeling in the current sim version was a big let-down - I for one am not interested in repeating that.

I completely agree with you there. But if they make a theater like Flying Tigers, we'll get early P-40's as well and they might just give our current one some attention.

'Cause for me too, if there's one thing in this game that's a bit of a disappointment, it's the current P-40.

Maybe getting American fuel instead of Russian may be of help.

Have a nice day.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:28 PM, Gambit21 said:

That’s because, for all kinds of reasons that I’ve illustrated in detail over the years, this is the smartest way to go...and you are obviously a smart damn person. ;)

Well thanks, but I have to laugh 'cause every time I start to think I'm smart I get my butt whipped by an AI or AI AAA! But I agree the argument for an Up the Solomons installment in this great sim is rather rock solid for all the good reasons previously put forth here on many occasions and would eventually give us most of the aircraft (and maps) everyone is asking for as this installment progresses through the war, just as the series has done so far with all the current content. So I keep my fingers crossed....

LuseKofte
On 6/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, Gambit21 said:

I have faith in the devs, if they look at another theatre and another version of P 40 will be in it, The FM will be fixed. They simply have no time to it with all the project going on. Anyway, they cannot continue to make most US models the way they has. I cannot take a fubar Corsair , Hellcat nor Dauntless. 

It will be a total fiasco 

• Upvote 1
=AW=drewm3i-VR
5 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I have faith in the devs, if they look at another theatre and another version of P 40 will be in it, The FM will be fixed. They simply have no time to it with all the project going on. Anyway, they cannot continue to make most US models the way they has. I cannot take a fubar Corsair , Hellcat nor Dauntless. 

It will be a total fiasco 

+1, the .50s and engine limits must be fixed...that sure would breathe life into the p-39 and p-40. I'm not sure there is much wrong with the flight models beyond anemic engine power (or lack thereof).

Edited by =AW=drewm3i-VR
  • Upvote 1