Novice-Flyer

What Pacific battle are you looking forward to the most?

What Pacific Battle are you looking forward to the most?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) are you looking forward to?

• Midway ( Including Wake Island and Coral Sea)
    • Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands)
    • New Guinea
    • Philippines
    • Okinawa (Including Iwo and Chichi Jima)
    • Other (Please comment)

Posted (edited)

For me it would be Guadalcanal, New Guinea and Philippines.

Edited by Novice-Flyer

Other: Siege of Rabaul

Beautiful scenery juxtaposed with lunar landscapes around the bombed out airfields and harbour facilities.  Volcanic craters everywhere you look.  All the big-name USN and USAAF aircraft, plus the addition of RAAF and RNZAF units to keep it all going along.  Japanese  IJN and IJAAF forces operating out of the same bases.  Only 20 minutes flight time for the allies from Green Island to Simpson harbour.  Bags of low level potential and ship busting opportunities.  A year-long slugging match that fits with BoX's present capabilities.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

All of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I spent 9 months deployed to Guadalcanal. The remnants of the WW2 actions are everywhere.  Definitely my fav Pacific theatre choice. So much campaign and map material present there alone.

Midway , BoMi :)

Zeros vs wildcats is where its at, and you can place carriers as close as you need to front so no need for long flying times in MP

Posted (edited)

Everything but carrier battles.

Carrier battles may make for interesting reads and movies, but playing the same limited thing over and over is not going to cut it. That's my strong personal opinion, despite being very interested in the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre, based on playing First Generation IL2 offline/online and building many offline/online missions for it.

New Guinea 1942/1943 is the clear winner for me. It's objectively the by far most diverse and versatile Asiatic-Pacific Theatre scenario and thus the perfect stepping stone.
There are many other intriguing Asiatic-Pacific scenarios, but New Guinea stands out.

Operation Ichi-Go (1944) would provide for an interesting scenario and planeset, but I reckon the CBI is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by =27=Davesteu

To facilitate the selection, it would be good to indicate which planes fall into these battles on both sides.

I think Midway would be one of the most interesting battles for me. Rabaul would also have something - well, I would like them all!

Posted (edited)

Coral Sea, Midway, Philippines, Rabaul - battles when the chances and planes were comparable.

And some battle with carrier operations.

Edited by Bies

2 hours ago, FoxbatRU said:

To facilitate the selection, it would be good to indicate which planes fall into these battles on both sides.

Impossible to answer in just one post. Overview:

• Midway: IJNAS ---vs.--- USN, USMC; few USAAF bombers
  • Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands): IJNAS ---vs.--- USN, USMC, USAAF; later also RNZAF
  • New Guinea: IJNAS, IJAAS ---vs.--- USAAF, RAAF
  • Philippines
    • 1942/42: IJAAS, IJNAS ---vs.--- USAAF; few PAAC aircraft
    • 1944/45: IJAAS, IJNAS ---vs.--- USAAF, USN, USMC
  • Okinawa: IJNAS, IJAAS (many Tokko aircraft) ---vs.--- USN, USMC; later also USAAF

6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Siege of Rabaul

Only 20 minutes flight time for the allies from Green Island to Simpson harbour.

Rabaul is essential for a Solomon Island or New Guinea campaign. Just imagine entering Simpson Harbour airspace with your Fifth Air Force 'Strafer' B-25...

I like the idea of including a "Siege of Rabaul 1944/45" campaign chapter, flying from Green Island, but there was no Japanese aerial opposition left at that point.

• Thanks 1

I want Devastators with the pack , that is why I say Midway, Guadacanal and all the rest is very nice. In special New Guinea. I have a wish for Burma too. 

Very couragious transport missions deployed there and Beufighter

Other = Battle Of Japan, fire bomb the hell out of it.

But as there are never going to be any decent bombers, in game.

It's never going to happen.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, FoxbatRU said:

Battle of Midway, June 1942:
A5M4, A6M2-21, B5N2, D3A1, F1M2, B4Y1, D4Y1-C, E13A1

F2A-3, F4F-4, TBD-1, SBD-3, TBF-1, PBY-5A, B-26A/B, SB2U-3, B-17D/E

Battle of Phillipine Sea, June 1944 (carriers vs carriers):
A6M5a, A6M5b, B6N1, D4Y2, B5N2, D3A2

F6F-3, F6F-3N, SB2C-1C, TBF-1C/TBM-1C, SBD-5, F4U-2

Battle of Okinawa, April 1945 , if included Sakishima islands , and south parts of Kyushu in Japan ( that one is hard to belive it would be on one map):

A6M5b, A6M5c, B6N2, D4Y3, B5N2, D3A2, G4M-1, Ki-21, Ki-27, Ki-43, Ki-45, Ki-46, Ki-61, Ki-84, N1K1-J

FM-2, F6F-5, F6F-5N, FG-1D, F4U-1C, F4U-1D, SB2C-1C, SB2C-4, SB2C-4E, TBF-1C/TBM-1C, TBM-3, Seafire LF.Mk III, Firefly F.Mk I

For Guadalcanal/Solomon Islands and New Guinea you would have to know what year is DLC plan to be to know any posible planset

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Other = Battle Of Japan, fire bomb the hell out of it.

But as there are never going to be any decent bombers, in game.

It's never going to happen.

Yeah. Need at least a B-29 for that. Huge tasks for the devs even for the AI version.

Don't forget Burma and. Malasya raids by RN's Carriers :salute:

@77.CountZero At the Philippine Sea the D4Y was still a 2 model with inline engine. The D4Y3 was a radial engine modification used exclusively from land bases with no hook gears (like many late war Japanese planes being stripped of them for a lack of actual CVs from which operate)

14 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

New Guinea 1942/1943 is the clear winner for me. It's objectively the by far most diverse and versatile Asiatic-Pacific Theatre scenario and thus the perfect stepping stone.
There are many other intriguing Asiatic-Pacific scenarios, but New Guinea stands out.

New Guinea would be great, no doubt.

Second behind Solomons for me.

As I've pointed out before, for the price of a Guadalcanal plane set, you pretty much have Midway and Coral Sea handled as well.

That's some hefty bang for the buck...as I said before recently. Solomons, Midway and Coral Sea could easily be handled in one release given the plane set involved.

Can't beat that, 'objectively', even with New Guinea.

The Solomon's map gives you Operation Watchtower (carriers) then the battle for Guadalcanal (Cactus Air Force) which is a 6 month battle, plus float planes.

Then mid-war with Corsairs (Black Sheep etc)...then Rabual...tough to argue against this setup.

Then New Guinea would be a great second release and I'd have to admit it's more diverse in aircraft type and missions, but still falls second I think after we have the above aircraft set.

Solomons is where the Japanese lost the war - the ACTUAL turning point, rather than Midway which is false.

Then a late war release with Hellcats, late Corsairs etc.

I won't complain either way though...as long as I get my Zeke.

• Upvote 1

Gudalcanal is simply fascinating.

Hard fought, "well balanced" in game terms, variety of situation.

We can also have a good scope of the campaign with 8-10 planes only:

US

P40

F4F

Dauntless

Avenger

P39

Japan :

A6M3

A6M2-21

BETTY

KATE

VAL

20 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

Carrier battles may make for interesting reads and movies, but playing the same limited thing over and over is not going to cut it.

War is a chore.

Carrier battles may make for interesting reads and movies, but playing the same limited thing over and over is not going to cut it.

This!

+1000

...or the Burma Campaign. Because of:

91H-06Ut3sL.jpg

12489_1526782617.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Alexmarine28 said:

Don't forget Burma and. Malasya raids by RN's Carriers :salute:

@77.CountZero At the Philippine Sea the D4Y was still a 2 model with inline engine. The D4Y3 was a radial engine modification used exclusively from land bases with no hook gears (like many late war Japanese planes being stripped of them for a lack of actual CVs from which operate)

Thanks, i change it to inline one

For Guadalcanal or Solomons map would have to be smaler as distances betwen bases is just to big 

Map_of_Solomons_area_in_1942.png

Same for proper Okinawa map, best would be to just make islands 1:1 and distances betwen islands mutch smaller, without compromise maps will be just to big and flying times to long even for x8 speeds, without any action

7010_F1Ryukyu.gif

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

As I've pointed out before, for the price of a Guadalcanal plane set, you pretty much have Midway and Coral Sea handled as well. 

That's some hefty bang for the buck...as I said before recently. Solomons, Midway and Coral Sea could easily be handled in one release given the plane set involved.

Can't beat that, 'objectively', even with New Guinea.

The Solomon's map gives you Operation Watchtower (carriers) then the battle for Guadalcanal (Cactus Air Force) which is a 6 month battle, plus float planes.

Then mid-war with Corsairs (Black Sheep etc)...then Rabual...tough to argue against this setup.

I disagree, Gambit. We already discussed the scenarios several times, so let's focus on the 'bang for the buck'-thing:

• You are not going to get the Solomons, Midway, and Coral Sea in one pack; Twelve carriers (not even counting Hosho & Zuiho) and a huge Rabaul - Guadalcanal map are simply impossible
  • The US planesets of the aforementioned scenarios are not compatible or very simplified (assuming the standard 5 vs. 5 planeset)
  • Even a planeset specific to the Guadalcanal/Solomon Islands 1942 timeframe hardly covers 1943 (or vice versa)

6 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Solomons is where the Japanese lost the war - the ACTUAL turning point, rather than Midway which is false.

I have to disagree for the simple reason that I don't think there's one turning point.

Guadalcanal was a diversionary attack to draw Japanese forces from the New Guinea campaign. The Solomon Islands campaign grew in importance, but much of the Guadalcanal folklore dates back to wartime propaganda celebrating the first victorious US(!) campaign of the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre.

Edited by =27=Davesteu

2 hours ago, Semor76 said:

This!

+1000

...or the Burma Campaign. Because of:

91H-06Ut3sL.jpg

12489_1526782617.jpg

Agree on that, while I love the IJN attack planes the Zero and it's variants are so characterless to me, just like the 109s for the ETO; a Ki-43 and a Ki-61 would be way more interesting as fighters 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

I disagree, Gambit. We already discussed the scenarios several times, so let's focus on the 'bang for the buck'-thing:

• You are not going to get the Solomons, Midway, and Coral Sea in one pack; Twelve carriers (not even counting Hosho & Zuiho) and a huge Rabaul - Guadalcanal map are simply impossible
  • The US planesets of the aforementioned scenarios are not compatible or very simplified (assuming the standard 5 vs. 5 planeset)
  • Even a planeset specific to the Guadalcanal/Solomon Islands 1942 timeframe hardly covers 1943 (or vice versa)

I have to disagree for the simple reason that I don't think there's one turning point.

Guadalcanal was a diversionary attack to draw Japanese forces from the New Guinea campaign. The Solomon Islands campaign grew in importance, but much of the Guadalcanal folklore dates back to wartime propaganda celebrating the first victorious US(!) campaign of the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre.

I'm not saying we'd get 12 carriers in one pack, not do I think we'd get all those maps, I'm just saying it's possible (Coral Sea and Midway are very simple, mostly water) nor is the Guadalcanal map impossible.

I don't have time to explain it all (out the door to work in a minute)

The basic Zeke/Wildcat/Dauntless/Val/ etc (although no Betty at Midway) remains intact for the 3 maps mentioned, with some additions/deletions depending on which map.

No the literal 5v5 does not remain exactly the same, but the core plane set does.

Solomons' does in fact serve 1943 very well, I never said the 1942 plane set would cover 1943...I don't think you're familiar with that arena, or so that remark would indicate.

Either that or you misunderstood me. The battle continued up the 'slot' after the 6 month battle for Guadalcanal was over.

...yes Guadalcanal was the turning point of the war. The US and Japan entered the battle for Guadalcanal on equal terms, and by the time it was over Japan was on a downward decline that it would not recover from. That's just history.

I suggest you read "Guadalcanal" by Richard B. Frank - might clear up some of your misconceptions.

Beyond that I lack the time to debate this any longer...at least today. It will good NO MATTER what we get in the PTO. :)

Best

Posted (edited)

Well seeing what we getting I believe a new hotrod pack with late war specimens without bombers could be first out.  

Following the logic. Not that I cannot understand it. A SB2 Helldiver would not be the worst happening in my eyes

Edited by LuseKofte

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Well seeing what we getting I believe a new hotrod pack with late war specimens without bombers could be first out.  

Following the logic. Not that I cannot understand it. A SB2 Helldiver would not be the worst happening in my eyes

Look at the good side, with carrier warfare at least 2 out of 3 CV planes will not be fighters, being the mandatory dive and torpedo bombers 

24 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I don't have time to explain it all (out the door to work in a minute) ... Beyond that I lack the time to debate this any longer...at least today. It will good NO MATTER what we get in the PTO. :)

That explains why it feels like you only skimmed over my post. ;) I'm always up for a good talk about the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre.

21 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm not saying we'd get 12 carriers in one pack, not do I think we'd get all those maps, I'm just saying it's possible (Coral Sea and Midway are very simple, mostly water) nor is the Guadalcanal map impossible.

Well, you did say so. They have to do 12 carriers if you want Solomons, Midway and Coral Sea in one release.

13 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Solomons, Midway and Coral Sea could easily be handled in one release given the plane set involved.

29 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Solomons' does in fact serve 1943 very well, I never said the 1942 plane set would cover 1943...I don't think you're familiar with that arena, or so that remark would indicate.

... I suggest you read "Guadalcanal" by Richard B. Frank - might clear up some of your misconceptions.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not what I said. A planeset of the Solomon Islands Campaign 1942 doesn't cover the 1943 timeframe. See below.

22 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

The basic Zeke/Wildcat/Dauntless/Val/ etc (although no Betty at Midway) remains intact for the 3 maps mentioned, with some additions/deletions depending on which map.

No the literal 5v5 does not remain exactly the same, but the core plane set does.

The bare minimum planesets are:

Midway: A6M2 Model 21, D3A1 Model 11, B5N2 Model 3 ---vs.--- F2A-3, F4F-4, TBD-1, SBD-3

Coral Sea: A6M2 Model 21, D3A1 Model 11, B5N2 Model 3 ---vs.--- F4F-3, TBD-1, SBD-3

Guadalcanal/Solomon Islands 1942: A6M2 Model 21, D3A1 Model 11, B5N2 Model 3, G4M1 Model 11, F1M2 Model 11 ---vs.--- F4F-4, SBD-3, TBF-1, P-400

IJNAS: 5 aircraft; USN/USMC/USAAF: 7 aircraft

That's the bare minimum and still too much. Carriers not yet included.

Additional planes required for Solomons 1943 include at the very least: A6M3, D3A2, F4U-1, P-38, P-40, B-25

Even a pack focused on the Solomon Islands 1942 and 1943 requires too many different aircraft.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

...yes Guadalcanal was the turning point of the war. The US and Japan entered the battle for Guadalcanal on equal terms, and by the time it was over Japan was on a downward decline that it would not recover from. That's just history.

I kindly agree to disagree. Guadalcanal was an important battle, no doubt about that, but not fought on equal terms and not the turning point of the war.

Read Richard B. Frank’s book and then tell me that you still disagree. :) 

I’ll comment more later time permitting when I’m not trying to type on my phone.

Posted (edited)

For 5x5 Battle of Solomons 1943:

A6M3-22, Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-45 , G4M1-11

F4U-1A, P-40M-5, P-39K-1, P-38G-13, B-25D ( or B-26B if B-25D is already avilable as collectable)

avoid having airplanes like D3A2, SBD-5, TBF-1C, F4F-4, F6F-3 and so on ... that can be used here but better to be free on other naval only posible PTO dlcs

and more bases are build so action could be closer then 1942 where most models are from Midway and other early carrier battles

also some seaplanes could be added later as colectables ( A6M2-N, F1M2 , E7K2, E13A) and (PBY5, J2F5)

131384635_1943solomons.thumb.jpg.b17ec9d4bfb9714ef2768f1ed45bd83c.jpg

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I voted New Guinea, but could have easily voted for a '43 Solomon's campaign (if it was an option) as 77.CountZero proposes above - and the rationale for the plane set he proposes works, i think as well.

I think overall, people vote with more consideration to the aircraft they personally want to fly - for some, they are extremely interested in carrier based, for others, they like many that are not, and some are right in the middle. It's all good. 😊 For me personally, in the Pacific theater I am most interested in: P-38, Beaufighter, B-25,  (also not minding the P-39), and for Japanese Ki-61, Ki-43 (but also interested in navy F6F) - and these will impact my desires. Ultimately going to be up to 1C/777 Studios what they are willing and think they are able to do when and if they go there.

20 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

For 5x5 Battle of Solomons 1943:

... ,Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-45 , ...

As much as I'd love to see these aircraft, they aren't representative of the 1943 Solomon Islands Campaign. Except for a short-term deployment of Ki-43 and Ki-48 to Munda in the last days of January 1943, the IJAAS focused on the New Guinea campaign. You have to limit yourself to IJNAS aircraft for a Solomon Islands release.

38 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

and more bases are build so action could be closer then 1942

Japanese units deployed to those forward bases only for short periods of time or used them as staging points, but Rabaul remained the principal Japanese base.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, =27=Davesteu said:

As much as I'd love to see these aircraft, they aren't representative of the 1943 Solomon Islands Campaign. Except for a short-term deployment of Ki-43 and Ki-48 to Munda in the last days of January 1943, the IJAAS focused on the New Guinea campaign. You have to limit yourself to IJNAS aircraft for a Solomon Islands release.

Japanese units deployed to those forward bases only for short periods of time or used them as staging points, but Rabaul remained the principal Japanese base.

From what i can see they all fit in 1943

Ki-43-I Munda+Rabaul
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11th_Air_Squadron_(Japan)
https://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/ki-43/index.html

Ki-61 Rabaul
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=sD5bDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA32&lpg=PA32&dq=Ki-61-I+solomons&source=bl&ots=9291wq_tc3&sig=ACfU3U3BVPC3dcldGUBbDB4_hUxgVTULJg&hl=hr&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiemJuzqL_jAhWIXsAKHTb5B-UQ6AEwDXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=Ki-61-I solomons&f=false
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6th_Air_Division_(Japan)

Ki-45 Rabaul hunting ships in Solomons area
https://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/ki-45/237.html

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=XuKsCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA126&lpg=PA126&dq=Ki-45+solomons&source=bl&ots=m6EAAnfUYI&sig=ACfU3U2Ad2vQem00kGgQCC91s3s9PQQtqQ&hl=hr&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjz47uGwb_jAhVJcZoKHSqiBrUQ6AEwC3oECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=Ki-45 solomons&f=false

For MP its important that you have some forward bases on map close to each other so even though bases were not used mutch if they are there they can be used in MP, and for SP you go for historical as always, and not all airplanes have to be used all 1943, its good to seect airplanes that historicly fit and are desirable and then for SP you can have them in campaign and not all 10 have to be used at same time like its now on DLCs we have (when their time come they show up in campaign), you just have to have some justification to have it, for me that planset is good mix of all, navy and army for both sides, and still leves open other DLC options.

Edited by 77.CountZero

New Guinea would be perfect for me. One map from 1942 to 1945. Lots of interesting air battles.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

From what i can see they all fit in 1943

Rabaul is located on New Britain, New Guinea. As I stated, the IJAAS focused on the New Guinea campaign. The IJNAS took charge of the Solomon Islands Campaign.

The small number of Ki-45 in the area was used to intercept heavy bombers, not ships.

Just now, =27=Davesteu said:

Rabaul is located on New Britain, New Guinea. As I stated, the IJAAS focused on the New Guinea campaign. The IJNAS took charge of the Solomon Islands Campaign.

The small number of Ki-45 in the area was used to intercept heavy bombers, not ships.

You cant have Solomons without Rabaul base as most things that operated there flew from it,

they can hunt B-25s or B-26s then but i also see that web book says they hunt ships in that area, and its good cunterpart for P-38s

• Upvote 1

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

You cant have Solomons without Rabaul base as most things that operated there flew from it,

I'm well aware of the importance of Rabaul to the New Guinea and Solomon Islands Campaigns. As I already stated, it was the principal Japanese base.
That doesn't mean IJAAS aircraft operating out of Rabaul are in any way representative of the Solomon Islands Campaign.

Guadalcanal/Solomons would not work for me.  I could not use a game that combined 3.5 hour flight times as standard and a time-skip function that barely makes 2x no matter what it says on screen.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

I'm well aware of the importance of Rabaul to the New Guinea and Solomon Islands Campaigns. As I already stated, it was the principal Japanese base.
That doesn't mean IJAAS aircraft operating out of Rabaul are in any way representative of the Solomon Islands Campaign.

If they were based there and americans attacked it, you can have Ki-61 missions defend base in campaign, ki-45s can also defend it in campaign and also do ship hunting missions, so you can build SP campaign for them, americans attacked rabaul japanese defended it. 

You have zeros escorting bettys on attack runs on ports bases troop concentrations ships and so on...and ki-43s also suporting from forward bases, for all 5 airplanes missions for SP campaign are posible and you give DLC with balanced airplan set so you dont have only zeros fighting corsairs and p-38s, no one would play on japan side, and all fits the map area. 

If game goes to PTO compromises will have to be made to have it succed, so if you have solomons map with boring airplanes it aint gona sell , and on top of that you can lock your self from other more famous dlcs with selection of airplanes, so then if you fined way to add interesting airplanes that were on bases on map historicly, to make historical missions for SP and give options for MP and user made missions on map, then thats good option.

If you wont to go your strick way then only options is Midway and early carrier vs carrier battles or Phillipine sea for later ones, as it still has planset that dosent favor heavy USA side ( as problem in PTO will be all axis onlys now, will play usa airplanes in pto, and no one axis side ) and you can place enemy carriers as close to front as you wont so MP and SP is ok, later war is either to unbalanced or map areas are to big and distances betwen bases are to big for MP, so carrier vs carrier is only good options to satisfie purists like you.

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Guadalcanal/Solomons would not work for me.  I could not use a game that combined 3.5 hour flight times as standard and a time-skip function that barely makes 2x no matter what it says on screen.

its pto they will have to reduce the distances betwen islands or scale down the maps, or improve time skip :)

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

If they were based there and americans attacked it, you can have Ki-61 missions defend base in campaign, ki-45s can also defend it in campaign and also do ship hunting missions, so you can build SP campaign for them, americans attacked rabaul japanese defended it. 

You have zeros escorting bettys and ki-43s also suporting from forward bases, for all 5 airplanes missions for SP campaign are posible and you give DLC with balanced airplan set so you dont have only zeros fighting corsairs and p-38s, no one would play on japan side, and all fits the map area.  

So you want to include 3 out of 5 Japanese aircraft solely for the occasional defence of Rabaul? You are suggesting parts of a New Guinea campaign, not the Solomon Islands.

A Japanese 'Solomon Islands 1943' planeset has to include: A6M2 Model 21, A6M3 Model 22, D3A2 Model 22, G4M1 Model 11

Ki-43 didn't support the Solomon Islands Campaign, except for one time in late January 1943. The small number of Ki-45 in the area was used to intercept heavy bombers.

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

If game goes to PTO compromises will have to be made to have it succed so if you have solomons with boring airplanes it aint gona sell , and on top of that you lock your self from other more famous dlcs with selection of airplanes, so then if you fined way to add interesting airplanes for what you can make historical missions on map then thats good option.

No unhistorical and far-fetched "compromises" are need - the Papua & New Guinea campaign 1942/43 avoids all these problems.