Jump to content
Marianggello

Bodenplatte map info

Recommended Posts

Hello, my friends,

I want to know, will we have access to the Bodenplatte map before release? And will this dlc contain multiple maps or just one large only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Marianggello said:

Hello, my friends,

I want to know, will we have access to the Bodenplatte map before release? And will this dlc contain multiple maps or just one large only?

 

Most likely yes. We had access to Kuban map prior to full release. Just one large map as you can see in Jasons post here:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One huge map it will be!

It could be released soon, maybe alongside p51 this or next month....or later with tempest :)

they said map is nearly done i think, also they started working on BoBp career which indicates statement above.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know yet.

One map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for info, friends.

I'm glad to hear this and more curious to see fresh screenshots from development. It will be probably the biggest addition to the Il-2 GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One map, four seasons (or is it three?). 

 

It will be huge and with more towns and cities than the exiting maps. I'm really looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

One huge map it will be!

It could be released soon, maybe alongside p51 this or next month....or later with tempest :)

they said map is nearly done i think, also they started working on BoBp career which indicates statement above.

IDK why so many seem to think P-51 is imminent?😂 3 flyables to go - the Tempest appears to be further along (don't know if you caught it, but very recently (perhaps an oopsie) that it (P-51) hadn't even entered beta testing)...and if they decide financially it is best to release a premium first (P-38) prior to final Bodenplatte release, then that would put the P-51 as (*quietly hides under the bed and whispers*) ...last (with the final BP release).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

IDK why so many seem to think P-51 is imminent?😂 3 flyables to go - the Tempest appears to be further along (don't know if you caught it, but very recently (perhaps an oopsie) that it (P-51) hadn't even entered beta testing)...and if they decide financially it is best to release a premium first (P-38) prior to final Bodenplatte release, then that would put the P-51 as (*quietly hides under the bed and whispers*) ...last (with the final BP release).

 

 

Because they had the 3D model a long time ago, with external textures and all. 

The last part about the premium plane you just pulled it out of nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

 

Because they had the 3D model a long time ago, with external textures and all. 

The last part about the premium plane you just pulled it out of nowhere.

Don't recall seeing much of external textures or skins, but i will take your word on that.😊...as to the premium plane part, you are right - it was my thoughts. From a marketing/psychology prospective, it's nice to have fancy new toys out and available as an incentive to purchase or upgrade for those that dont have premium. The impact of that is greater if it is a sole release/greater spotlight vs releasing with final BP release - likely more sales. That was my reasoning for putting out the P-38 (premium plane) before final BP release . Regardless, what will be will be. Goodness ahead either way.😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

IDK why so many seem to think P-51 is imminent?😂 3 flyables to go - the Tempest appears to be further along (don't know if you caught it, but very recently (perhaps an oopsie) that it (P-51) hadn't even entered beta testing)...and if they decide financially it is best to release a premium first (P-38) prior to final Bodenplatte release, then that would put the P-51 as (*quietly hides under the bed and whispers*) ...last (with the final BP release).

 

Becouse il2 producer (some guy named Jason 😜) said it will be next after 262, "P51 aimed for release in june/july".

Regarding P51, i'm not in the hype train...spit will remain my favourite.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did not know that was the official  word fom Jason -appologies for missing that.

 

And i dont care either way, really looking forward to all 3 remaining flyables😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

Don't recall seeing much of external textures or skins, but i will take your word on that.😊...as to the premium plane part, you are right - it was my thoughts. From a marketing/psychology prospective, it's nice to have fancy new toys out and available as an incentive to purchase or upgrade for those that dont have premium. The impact of that is greater if it is a sole release/greater spotlight vs releasing with final BP release - likely more sales. That was my reasoning for putting out the P-38 (premium plane) before final BP release . Regardless, what will be will be. Goodness ahead either way.😊

 

 

 

Here is the link to the DD, where you can see the external model of the P51 with skins, while the Tempest was just being developed:

 

click on the top right arrow to go to DD219

 

 

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think commercial reasons are behind the choice for release order. Its more likely a logical order based on what could be finished first. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't anyone who buys in early access already getting the 'gold' game, that is, collector's planes included? Releasing a collector plane early would be redundant with having to buy early access BP anyway.

Edited by danielprates
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redwo1f said:

Did not know that was the official  word fom Jason -appologies for missing that.

 

And i dont care either way, really looking forward to all 3 remaining flyables😊

 

Looking forward to all of them too! Jason mentioned a few months back that the P-51D would come after the Me262 and that the Tempest and then P-38J would follow. In that order.

 

The P-51D was also first seen with a fully textured external model in an update from March 15. The Tempest fully textured has only just recently appeared.

 

 

It's possible that project plans have been altered and the Tempest is coming first but at this point the logical choice, given no other info, is that the P-51D is coming next. Jason did say originally that it would be June with a high likelihood that it would slip to July. I actually am wondering if it may be August sometime.

 

As for the original post...a semi recent dev diary update includes these details:
 

Quote


First, we can disclose more details about the map of the project. Previously we mentioned only its size and location, but today we can tell you more information.
There will be more than 200 settlements of various sizes.
Air forces of the opposing forces will take off from more than 100 airfields.
The total length of all roads will exceed 20000 km.
The reachable zone of the map is 129859 square kilometers (400.8 x 324 km) while the entire map is 176947 square km (460.8 x 384 km).
The preliminary list of the cities we plan to have ready at the time of release follows:

Antwerp
The Hauge
Liege
Frankfurt am Main
Dortmund
Münster
Cologne (Köln)
Bonn
Gent
Rotterdam
Charleroi
Amsterdam
Düsseldorf
Aachen
Bruxelles
Arnhem
Duisburg
Essen
Apeldoorn
Maastricht

 

 

This is definitely all on one map.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be great fun...putting the hurt on German convoys trying to push through Aachen.

Nothing a few 500lb eggs won't fix. 

Whomp! Whomp!

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

It's going to be great fun...putting the hurt on German convoys trying to push through Aachen.

Nothing a few 500lb eggs won't fix. 

Whomp! Whomp!

 

 

 

Going to have a lot of fun just flying around this map too I think. Maybe not quite as scenic as Kuban but I suspect the urban areas will make up for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

Going to have a lot of fun just flying around this map too I think. Maybe not quite as scenic as Kuban but I suspect the urban areas will make up for that.

 

The urban areas, plus the snow (I love snow maps, especially one that isn't Stalingrad) plus the plane set...I think we're in for some fun.

I'm in for endless hours of building and testing lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the P51 will be released fairly soon. The Tempest will be after, due to external textures and testing already being in progress, and unfortunately the P38 has not even got a skin yet or we would have seen it by now. Oh well, save the best for last.

 

The fact that the campaign mode is getting attention, with finishing work being done on map, voices and pilot bios means that it is all coming together and nearing completion.

 

I agree with Gambit, I will be quite occupied once this material is all available. I am very much looking forward to flying for an American squadron and recreating some good old WWII tank and flak busting!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm in for endless hours of building and testing lol

 

I can't wait to see you put out a campaign for the p51 in the same quality as havok over kuban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, danielprates said:

 

I can't wait to see you put out a campaign for the p51 in the same quality as havok over kuban.

Wasn't it P47, Gambit plans to create a ground attack campaign for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

p51 will be out within 2 weeks for sure. (crosses fingers so they snap)

 

edit: Also I hope that this map wont have the issues of the Tank Crew map. (popping in and out forests and rock formations)

Edited by E4GLEyE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E4GLEyE said:

Also I hope that this map wont have the issues of the Tank Crew map. (popping in and out forests and rock formations)

 

That's what I really hope too - but if the new map "behaves" like the Prokhorovka map, then the future might turn pitch black!

The known issues of the tank map are still not addressed and I didn't see any comment about this from the devs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On such a large map like this it would be interesting to have dynamic weather or something like that to enhance the experience. Imagine battles in a heavy storm/strong wind and after that a flight to another sector, where it is sunny. 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Wasn't it P47, Gambit plans to create a ground attack campaign for?

 

I don't know. It does not matter, I would love to see one for the p51 in the same standard as 'havoc...'. Actually we could do with one campaign for each airplane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Wasn't it P47, Gambit plans to create a ground attack campaign for?

 

I think he currently  entiteled himself to a vacation from campaign building. 

Exhausting stuff to do in any me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Wasn't it P47, Gambit plans to create a ground attack campaign for?

 

Yes, it is rumored to be a payware campaign. Maybe even released with the final BoBP package? Those silly non-disclosure agreements might be holding up a direct answer on when though... 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

P-47 - 365th Hell Hawks.

Need the map to really get going on it, but I have rough strokes down using the Moscow map for 5 or so missions so far.

 

Taking a breather and waiting for the map at this point.

 

 

Edited by Gambit21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we’ll see the Bodenplatte map following the release the next patch. We could even see it at the final release of BoBp. Anyway, I’m pretty excited about it because IIRC the last CFS to officially cover the Western Front 1944-45, Including Eastern France, Low Countries, Western German was CFS3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

One map, four seasons (or is it three?). 

 

It will be huge and with more towns and cities than the exiting maps. I'm really looking forward to it.

how do you know that?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Avyx said:

how do you know that?! 

Check out DD218

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...