Sign in to follow this  
Thad

HTL M4a2 The Last Bastion - Progress Report

Salutations tankers,

I have been working on my next single player tank mission, featuring the Sherman for several days. I have decided to challenge myself with this mission attempt. By that I mean to attempt to produce multiple different experiences for the player. Basically, there will be a 50% chance at mission startup, for a totally different combat scenario with different objectives for each. I am currently about 75% through with one of the possible scenarios.

I plan to have the player (You) need to make decisions concerning which Task Force (TF) of your battalion to lend direct support. This choice will obviously add your tanking expertise to the TF blessed with your presence in their battle area. Plus there will be an additional advantage given to the lucky TF. Right now, I'm giving said force additional Rocket Launchers to soften up enemy positions and thereby making things advantageous to the attackers and possibly reduce friendly casualties. Your other TF will not receive such a limited allocation. 

Both possible battle scenario (two) will feature this type of resource allocation. Decisions, decisions... right? 😀

Basic Mission Situation: For the Russians, The past two days have been horrible. The German blitz had overrun and captured Zarubovka, Spas, Stepnoya, Pravoe, Dubki and Dubki Airfield. Fortunately, a storm front moved in last night and it seems to have delayed further axis advances.

It has been determined to make a bold counter attack early this morning under the cover of darkness and take advantage the poor weather conditions. 

An outspoken and eager commander (You) has insisted upon deploying his, yet unproven, M4a2 battalion and be allowed to plan and direct the attacks. Desperate superiors decided to give you your requests. You have made you battle plans... briefed your subordinates and deployed your forces forward. 

More information to follow. Stay close to your enigma machine. 

CounterAttackB.png

Edited by Thad
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Sounds really interesting and challenging. Can’t wait to play this one. Great job as always, Thad.

Salutations Tankers,

I unfortunately have had a setback with the development of The Last Bastion. 😕

Inexplicably, the mission files became corrupted and it simply will not load into the editor and I had no backup.  :o:

I've tried all the standard methods to get it open. There is no way around it... I will have to start over again from scratch. This time, I'll save progress backups.  :coffee:

Edited by Thad

Wow, all that work Thad.  Hope you get it back up and going soon.

Thad,

iirc, the .mission file is text. If you like to send it, I can try to edit it as text and save whatever can be saved.

did you try the resave tool?

Thanks but I have already deleted the files and started the replacement. :salute:

Salutations,

The missions attacks to liberate Spas and Gryada are 99% complete. Just some fine tuning. I will begin setting up the battle for the main objective, liberation of the town of Zarubovka today.

This mission actually includes three separate attack missions. The first two occur at the same game time. As mentioned in the initial post, that means, you (the player), will need to choose which attack force to join. Don't you just hate those command decisions? Which ever Task Force you choose to  join will receive the benefit of your tanking prowess (assumed) and receive additional artillery support to limit its' friendly casualties during their attacks.

Afterwards, all surviving forces (if any), from the attacks on the towns of Spas and Gryada, will then converge on Zarubovka for the final showdown.  :coffee:

Edited by Thad
  • Thanks 1