Sign in to follow this  
Marvel

CoD crash after few minutes

Posted (edited)

Hi folks, in these last days on the new PC I tried to install CoD of a version that I had purchased in 2015  and that didn't run on the old PC.

CoD.jpg

I had some issues with steam but finally I managed to install the game updated to CoD Blitz.

Unfortunately, however, the game is constantly crashing .... When I try to do a mission, like the one with the 110 intercepting the Blenehim, both engines are turned off first and then while the game crashes towards the ground and back to the desktop.

The only flight in which I saw a little bit is the one with the 109 above Le Havre but even in this case after a few minutes of flight the game crashes.

How can I solve it?

Thanks for your help!

Ciao!

Marco

Edited by Marvel

You have no reason for install DVD, files are too old (~2011) and even updated by Steam can be the cause of issues.

Just log in your Steam account (mandatory for play CloD) and look in View > Library for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ and install.

If are no listed, choose Add a game>Active a product on Steam and use the key in back of DVD cover.

Hi Sokol, I have installed CoD Blitz already.... Maybe I messed up in the very first installing attempt.

At the beginning I tried to install CoD from dvd without succes; then I install Steam and I try again to install CoD. At the end I installed CoD but it doesn't ran. So I downloaded Blitz and installed it and the game run but, as I said, after few minutes the game crashes.

Could be a good idea to remove CoD and try to reinstall it again?

Ciao!

Marco

17 hours ago, Marvel said:

Hi Sokol, I have installed CoD Blitz already.... Maybe I messed up in the very first installing attempt.

At the beginning I tried to install CoD from dvd without succes; then I install Steam and I try again to install CoD. At the end I installed CoD but it doesn't ran. So I downloaded Blitz and installed it and the game run but, as I said, after few minutes the game crashes.

Could be a good idea to remove CoD and try to reinstall it again?

Ciao!

Marco

Can you provide the details of your computer specifications?

Also if you are running 3rd party programs which are 32 bit, this can negatively affect the game.

I would make sure you completely uninstall the original game... the non-Blitz steam version, also delete the cache file in your Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/ folder.

Hi Buzzsaw, I have this pc: https://www.pcassemblati.eu/pc-gaming-extreme-i9-9900k/1030-pc-assemblato-intel-i9-9900k-hdd-2tb-ssd-m2-500-ddr4-32gb-rtx2080-8gb.html, I think is adequate for CoD Blitz.

What do you mean as 3rd party programs? Running in CoD you mean? I have DCS, IL-2 Great Battles (BoS and BoM) and B.A.T.

Ok, I will delete as you suggest and I will try to install again it.

Thanks! Ciao!

Marco

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, few days ago I deleted both CoD and Cod Blitz and then I reinstalled Blitz only. Now all works fine 👍!

Thanks for all! Ciao!

Marco

Edited by Marvel

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

Hi guys, few days ago I deleted both CoD and Cod Blitz and then I reinstalled Blitz only. Now all works fine 👍!

Thanks for all! Ciao!

Marco

Glad to hear you are up and running.  😉