Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

to worry the nsa an eficient factorization posibly able to break current encryptions

ok you start on 2 and see if its a factor

if its not a factor the limit of the tries divides by 2 and you only have to try now odd numbers

if 3 its not a factor the limit of tries divides now by 3 and now you try odd numbers not multiple of 3(this is where coding gets tricky)

but dont code this unless you want the NSA on you

Congratulations, you have just reinvented the Sieve of Eratosthenes, 2200 years too late. And no, it isn't 'efficient', which is why the NSA hasn't tried to hide it. Not that they could if they wanted to, given how well known it is...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

wow thanks for the hint andy, still and independent feat to be a little be proud about

seems erathostenes is to me what edison to homer simpson :)

hell isnt erathostenes the guy who either calculated earth circunference with an infinitely away sun or sun distance with a close sun in a flat earth ;)

but i know BY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE earth is actually rounded just smaller than they tell us i used this method:

earth.jpg

I too am proud of my little neural network algorythm which, given a string made up of an apparently random sequence of words, determines if it is a post by raaaid. It is rather efficient, and hasn't missed yet.

• Haha 1

ive been looking to the erathostenes sieve and the way its implemented in programs its flawed

to find prime numbers<100 you iterate through the 100 numbers so its slow

the idea its to find an algorythm that doesnt iterate firs on multiples of two then multiples of 2 and 3 and so on

the first is easy its just  i=i+2 its next when the problem becames dificult

1 hour ago, raaaid said:

...the problem becames dificult

Which is why encryption using large primes is relatively secure. And why the chances that some random bloke with a limited knowledge of mathematics creating an algorithm to find them quickly enough to break such security is more or less zero. In Eratosthenes' days, it was possible to solve the mathematical problems that were then puzzling them by the use of concepts that any reasonably-educated person might possess. Not any more. The easy stuff has already been done.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

sane people dont try whats regarded as imposible although gotta admitt we the wackos are in great numbers

at least i moved from lossless recursive compression to efficient factorization i think im improving :)

also setting as objective something imposible means endless fun

Edited by raaaid

Posted (edited)

edit:

ive just been on it with pencil and paper and yeah its too dificult so im gonna give it a different aproach:

once i made a program that given a certain succesion it produces the program for such succesion  i think its time to test it with a succesion of prime numbers and see what comes out

thugh im afraid ill have to recode it in assembly for power reasons, time to use my basicembly compiler, hey i made my own language mix of assembly and basic and a working compler for it not everybody can say that, the temple OS guy is my example but maybe i wont quit meds like him

Edited by raaaid