vortexringstate

Co Op setup instructions request

Please can someone make a comprehensive 'how to host' and 'how to join' co op multilayer?

Despite successfully hosting/joining  IL2 1946 in the past, I can't get the great battles series to run multilayer Co op. 

Posted (edited)

this shouldn't be too hard to do:

go to the main menu, select multiplayer, select coop, set mission &c. and host it.

make sure to have ports TCP 28000-28100 as well as UDP 28000-28100 opened up in your firewall, otherwise others won't be able to join you.

Edited by EpeeNoire

Posted (edited)

Cheers. Ive done just that but then what?

I then assume the joining player types in your Web IP in the USE IP ADDRESS box? (ie search "whats my IP" and use that?)

Does the host then START or wait in the lobby page for someone to join? how do you know they have joined?

Can you join mid game?

Can you become someones gunner? 

Edited by vortexringstate

16 minutes ago, vortexringstate said:

Cheers. Ive done just that but then what?

I then assume the joining player types in your Web IP in the USE IP ADDRESS box? (ie search "whats my IP" and use that?)

Does the host then START or wait in the lobby page for someone to join? how do you know they have joined?

Can you join mid game?

Can you become someones gunner? 

Your players go to multiplayer menu, select coop, and they should see your server in the list. It is easier to be on coms, TS for instance, to kind of coordinate things. There is a countdown timer for players to join. I don't think anyone can join once the mission has started, but they should be able to enter gunner positions. Keep in mind that once a player dies they cannot reenter the current mission.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, No_85_Gramps said:

Your players go to multiplayer menu, select coop, and they should see your server in the list. It is easier to be on coms, TS for instance, to kind of coordinate things. There is a countdown timer for players to join. I don't think anyone can join once the mission has started, but they should be able to enter gunner positions. Keep in mind that once a player dies they cannot reenter the current mission.

exactly that!