Jump to content

[MOD] Extended Il2 BoX careers


sevenless
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
Superflyer

Hello,
is it possible to include the I-16 as a player aircraft in Battle of Kuban as well?
According to " Black Cross and Red Star vol.5" the 84th Fighter Regiment, the 611th Fighter Regiment and the 975th Fighter Regiment were still flying Polikarpov I-16s and even I-153 biplanes at the Kuban.
These were probably the last units to still fly these aircraft in the 1st row in frontline operations.

Many thanks in advance, with best regards

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
5 hours ago, Superflyer said:

Hello,
is it possible to include the I-16 as a player aircraft in Battle of Kuban as well?
According to " Black Cross and Red Star vol.5" the 84th Fighter Regiment, the 611th Fighter Regiment and the 975th Fighter Regiment were still flying Polikarpov I-16s and even I-153 biplanes at the Kuban.
These were probably the last units to still fly these aircraft in the 1st row in frontline operations.

Many thanks in advance, with best regards

 

 

Yep. Will do that with the next update.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless

V20 Update

 

adapted to latest patch (4.601) and Spitfire Mk XIV in career.

 

BoK

- Fly I16t24 in a fighter squadron in BoK career (9 IAP VMF)

 

BoBP

- AI Spitfire Mk.XIV in BoBP career (No. 322 (Dutch) Squadron RAF)

 

Download in 1st post updated

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
PivoYvo
Posted (edited)

Need Help, Wrong Yak 1 ser 69 Skin on some German missions
 

Detailed description: when I play the German Bf-109 Moscow Career, The Yak 1 ser 69 is equipped with the wrong skin (mig 3 i think) don´t know if this comes from a bug in the skins, which are delivered with this plane or its the standard skin wich is buggy for me. In the Free dogfight mode the Standard skin shows correct. maybe the game want´s to create a mission with the Mig in it, but inserts the Yak, and that has a Mig skin, cause it thinks its a Mig? but what can make this happen, and how to fix it?
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): https://share-your-photo.com/75e0fb20b5

 
Edited by PivoYvo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 2:28 PM, PivoYvo said:

Need Help, Wrong Yak 1 ser 69 Skin on some German missions
 

Detailed description: when I play the German Bf-109 Moscow Career, The Yak 1 ser 69 is equipped with the wrong skin (mig 3 i think) don´t know if this comes from a bug in the skins, which are delivered with this plane or its the standard skin wich is buggy for me. In the Free dogfight mode the Standard skin shows correct. maybe the game want´s to create a mission with the Mig in it, but inserts the Yak, and that has a Mig skin, cause it thinks its a Mig? but what can make this happen, and how to fix it?
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): https://share-your-photo.com/75e0fb20b5

 

 

Hi, thanks for the feedback and the report. It was a wrong/old line referring to the MiG3 in the skins.cfg of BoM. Fixed it. See download on page 1.

 

 

 

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PivoYvo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sevenless said:

 

Hi, thanks for the feedback and the report. It was a wrong/old line referring to the MiG3 in the skins.cfg of BoM. Fixed it. 

 

Wow Thanks for the fast help

Love your Mod. 

THANK YOU.

Edited by PivoYvo
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless

V22 Update

 

adapted BoBP to latest patch (4.602b) and Typhoon IB in career.

 

Download in 1st post updated

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
10 hours ago, WaffenPL said:

Hello, can you add fw 190 a3 to BoM? 

 

Sorry, but that would be out of the scope of this Mod. Fw 190s didnt arrive in the East before end of 8/42.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless

V23 Update

 

AI formations for BOBP in squadrons2.cfg reworked to integrate more single player variety within plausible bounds

 

added SpitfireMkVb and P51D15

for fake 090_fighters, fake 095_recons

 

added C47A

for fake 097_transports

 

added TyphoonIB

for fake 098_attackers, fake 099_attackers, fake 990_heavy_fighters, fake 994_light_bombers

 

added P38J25

for fake 099_attackers, fake 991_heavy_fighters, fake 995_light_bombers

 

added Ju88A4 and He111H16

for fake 093_bombers, fake 094_bombers

 

added Fw190A5, Bf110G2 and Ju87D3

for fake 098_attackers, fake 099_attackers

 

Download in 1st post updated

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PivoYvo

Hello, it´s me again Sorry.

I found another wrong skin in version 22, don´t know if you have fixed it in V23, because the Update is more for the Westfront, if not here is the Info

Campaign: Moscow

Plane: LaGG 2 Series 29 skin

Time: 9. Jan. 1942

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
30 minutes ago, PivoYvo said:

Hello, it´s me again Sorry.

I found another wrong skin in version 22, don´t know if you have fixed it in V23, because the Update is more for the Westfront, if not here is the Info

Campaign: Moscow

Plane: LaGG 2 Series 29 skin

Time: 9. Jan. 1942

 

 

 

Thanks for the feedback. I indeed haven´t touched the east since the last patch. I´ll look into it once I get around bringing BoK, BoS and BoM to v4.602b level.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PivoYvo

Take your time, i just wanted to inform You.

No Pressure from me and a Thank You for doing this. 

 

Another Question, was the provided info ok? to make it easier to find for you, or should i use other infos which make your work (finding) easier?

Edited by PivoYvo
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
12 minutes ago, PivoYvo said:

Another Question, was the provided info ok? to make it easier to find for you, or should i use other infos which make your work (finding) easier?

 

That was perfect. Game, plane and perhaps unit is perfect. Since I only put one unit into BoM featuring the LaGG3 it was easy to find the culprit in the skins.cfg :

 

[period] // Chapters 3-4-5 (winter)
        period="1941.11.15","1942.04.20"
        [skin]
            plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\LaGG3s29.txt"
            skin="MiG3s24\MiG3s24_skin_01.dds"
            name="27 IAP"
            type=0 //0 - common, 1 - ace
            probweight=100
        [end]

 

That MiG3 line needs to be deleted/replaced and the game should pull the generic LaGG3 skin.

 

Thanks for your support 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PivoYvo

I found another thing don´t know if it´s important

in skins.cfg,

scg 15,

the squadron 101092,

time period 1943.04.17 - 1943.08.01,

the yak 1 s 69,

92 fighters,

in the sentence skin has two s so there stands sskin not skin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
On 6/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, PivoYvo said:

I found another thing don´t know if it´s important

in skins.cfg,

scg 15,

the squadron 101092,

time period 1943.04.17 - 1943.08.01,

the yak 1 s 69,

92 fighters,

in the sentence skin has two s so there stands sskin not skin.

 

Hi Pivo,

 

i just reextracted the vanilla file from the last patch, because I can´t remember to have touched the fake AI formations (fake 092 fighters) in BoK. It is in there too. I include it to my ToDo list. Thanks!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Hastati

For Boddenplatte, would it be possible to get the A20B in? I know that technically they used the A20G around that time, the one with the nose cannon assembly, but at the moment the Allied forces lack any level bombers at all for that career.

 

I can double check appropriate squadrons when i am at my desktop,but wanted to double check that this kind of stand in was acceptable before doing the research to begin with.

 

Edit: Actually scratch that, looks like my timing was off, for most of the time depicted they had transitioned to the A26. More appropriate of a question for the normandy map if they dont use the substitution themselves.

 

Edited by Hastati
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
44 minutes ago, Hastati said:

For Boddenplatte, would it be possible to get the A20B in?

 

 

Hi, at present the BoBP career officially doesn´t offer any bomber career at all for the allies, so there is nothing I can do. You can, however check out another mod which handcrafted a bomber career into BoBP.

 

Look here:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Afghanicus

I'm trying to use your mod on an existing career and I'm kind of new to the game so here's what I've done, BOM=>BOS=>BOK, join FW190A5 sq notice I can't select guns only, find BoX careers, JSGME install, load career, no change. I'm guessing I need to restart BoK, is there any way to do this without losing my progress from BoM/BoS?  I noticed the restart button on the career page, is that for the Chapter or all progress?

Thank you for your time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Afghanicus said:

I'm trying to use your mod on an existing career and I'm kind of new to the game so here's what I've done, BOM=>BOS=>BOK, join FW190A5 sq notice I can't select guns only, find BoX careers, JSGME install, load career, no change. I'm guessing I need to restart BoK, is there any way to do this without losing my progress from BoM/BoS?  I noticed the restart button on the career page, is that for the Chapter or all progress?

Thank you for your time.

 

 

Hi, can you describe in more detail what exactly you are trying to do? Changing the loadout of your plane is only possible (same in vanilla) if you are squadron leader. The only thing the mod does, is adding planes to certain squadrons in BoM, BoS, BoK and BoBP which weren´t there before (in vanilla). So if you are talking about Fw190 A5, that one is only available in 2 squadrons in BoK. One is pure air-ground, the other one is pure air-air. So if you carried over your career from BoS into one of the squadrons in BoK AND are squadron leader, you should be able to change the config of your plane and the config of the whole flight as you whish.

 

image.thumb.png.0e05b2c28ba0f7a954bd2144713a37b1.pngimage.thumb.png.7db0566e8cc59dfad2d3294869aa7550.png

Edited by sevenless
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Afghanicus

What I mean is, I had already started BoK before I downloaded your mod. Since it doesn't appear to work without restarting the chapter my question is:

Is there a way to restart the chapter (BoK) without losing my progress and pilot from BoM/BoS?

 

It's not a problem with your mod, it's just a question related to how best to play it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
20 minutes ago, Afghanicus said:

What I mean is, I had already started BoK before I downloaded your mod. Since it doesn't appear to work without restarting the chapter my question is:

Is there a way to restart the chapter (BoK) without losing my progress and pilot from BoM/BoS?

 

It's not a problem with your mod, it's just a question related to how best to play it.

 

I see. But yes it works without restarting the chapter. Just play on. In the next mission you will see the added planes in your flight. If you, by example started your BoK career with 13. (slow.)/JG52 then in the next mission after the mod was loaded you will be flying with I./JG26.

 

After loading the mod, can you see I./JG26 in BoK in the career selection dialogue? If you can, then you can switch to this unit, if you are not already in. No need to start over or to lose an already existing pilot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...