TheOldCrow

What's your favorite BoX plane?

Posted (edited)

FW190 A5

BF110-G2

IL2 1943

Il2 is not enough realized in my opinion as a good plane. Its slow, but can take hard damage and its 37mm is out of question. And the game is named after it.

Prefer two engine planes and bombers.

Would be nice to see the B25 Mitchell flyable and would be superb to have a four engines planes, such as B17. Flew it a lot in IL2 1946 (mod).

Edited by Fisheye
  • Like 1

P-39, but only in VR. In 2d screen Cobra is spoiled by poor visibility when in VR with 3D cockpit visibility is very good and the percieved shape of the cockpit is very diffirent and only then i know why pilots like the visibility of the Cobra.

• Like 1

I'd have to say the Mig-3. The amount of options in weaponry, the look, and the sound when you go into combat setting. I also really like the small canopy and the dash layout. And of course the fact that I have had some very nice early war sorties in it online!

We'll see if the mustang or lightning can compete once they drop!

• Like 1

Spitfire (of course), I16 (just because it has character like a mini), P40, and the LA5fn when I finally get round to affording that!

• Like 1

Right now, it's the 262.

Having an absolute blast with that thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fisheye said:

Would be nice to see the B25 Mitchell flyable and would be superb to have a four engines planes, such as B17. Flew it a lot in IL2 1946 (mod).

While I agree, I don't want to see another bomber unless it comes with a proper bomb site interface. That one shortcut they've implemented stands starkly against the rest of this quality sim.