BRADYS555

Post Bodenplate

I assume there are the usual rumblings and Rumors about what's coming next... ?

Ya2ajR9.jpg

• Like 1

No not rumor

What you show is a slip of tongue by the devs. 

I bet they bet it in the process.

They really want to do it but it probably would mean a totally overhauled gameengine.

My guess is they wont do it 

• Upvote 2

Well... every about 10th thread on the forum right now is on this subject. Have a quick look back through the last 3 pages and you should see about a half dozen at least.

I put together an article detailing where the series *might* go next:

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/07/06/what-is-next-for-il-2-great-battles-going-into-2020/

The reality is that the devs will have to make a decision based on a variety of factors (marketing, aircraft research, feasibility, etc.).

not this again, please, its becoming stupid. We ALL know 90% of community wants PTO, and We ALL know is not coming, not anytime soon

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

I would love to have one day a Battle of France addon. 

But with the overall quality of IL2 GB, the Pacific would be great!

• Upvote 1

Nobody knows anything and everybody hopes his personal favorite scenario will be done. We know for sure once they announce something. As of now, everything is speculation.

2 hours ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

not this again, please, its becoming stupid. We ALL know 90% of community wants PTO, and We ALL know is not coming, not anytime soon

Bite your tongue.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I would of course prefer the Pacific, but I am indifferent about it having aircraft carriers, New Gunie for instance and the Buka, Buna, Port Morsbey area would provide for a wealth of potential aircraft match ups or Burma, and given them a foot hold from which they could then add aircraft carriers and maps to support there operations on later.

I think Normandy is to close to what bodenate offers or that it could be made to include with add on aircraft and that swings both ways, they could easily creat exotic add on planes like a Me  163 or Ar 234 for the map.

If it neaded to be the west, BoF would be very appealing to me.

Or anything involving Africa the earlier (40) the better imo 

Really, again? 🙄 How hard is it for you people to use the search function or use an already existing topic?

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2935a4642e464141

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Really, again? 🙄 How hard is it for you people to use the search function or use an already existing topic?

Really, really....really really really hard apparently.

17 minutes ago, BRADYS555 said:

Hmm, I would of course prefer the Pacific, but I am indifferent about it having aircraft carriers, New Gunie for instance and the Buka, Buna, Port Morsbey area would provide for a wealth of potential aircraft match ups or Burma, and given them a foot hold from which they could then add aircraft carriers and maps to support there operations on later.

I think Normandy is to close to what bodenate offers or that it could be made to include with add on aircraft and that swings both ways, they could easily creat exotic add on planes like a Me  163 or Ar 234 for the map.

If it neaded to be the west, BoF would be very appealing to me.

Or anything involving Africa the earlier (40) the better imo 

What? We've never heard of this...tell us more.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1

I don’t frequent this forum, there is a lot of negative fead back at times, and I only check in to see what’s new from time to time so for me it’s new...

1 minute ago, BRADYS555 said:

I don’t frequent this forum, there is a lot of negative fead back at times, and I only check in to see what’s new from time to time so for me it’s new...

Sure, that's understandable.

That's also why the search function comes in handy...or even just perusing the first 2 or 3 pages of the forum.

You can also go to the Developer Assistance "Suggestions" forum, or the "polls" sub-forum and between the 4 of these things you'll see there's been a fair amount (crap-load) of discussion.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Search is way too hard to use man, you gotta do all that typing and stuff.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BRADYS555 said:

It's that fundamental tension between regulars and less regular members. The topic has come up a whole lot recently and tends to play out mostly the same way so by the 10th or 20th time folks get... short.

There are some good reads out there if you're interested. Especially in the suggestions section of the forum where there are multiple threads.

The good thing is that everyone is excited about what comes next which is always a good thing for the series :)

Wow, there's a lot of speculative topics on what's next recently. That means people are interested, excited. People are expressing their opinions, sharing their thoughts on possible expansions. Yet the only thing that still outweighs and is annoying is the amount of toxic crap coming from certain group of people.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

and We ALL know is not coming, not anytime soon

Do we ? depends what you mean by soon I suppose, but if I were a betting man, I'd give the PTO good odds on being a strong favorite for the location of the next title in the series.

The TS Q&A Jason does, is that a regular thing ? Think the last one was autumn 2017. Could be a good chance that he might do another one at a similar stage of the BoBP dev cycle.

If he does, I think my preference would be for people to drop their questions on the forum, and have Jason answer them either as a video, audio, or even written responses. The TS thing, can be quite hard to understand strong accents, some mics with too low gain, some on permanent transmit causing feed back loops etc.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Luke, if you do not stop doing that to the poor creature I will have to report you to the animal cruelty lobby, they will take action.:cray:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:lol:

Edited by Missionbug

The devs will throw everyone off and create..........wait for it......................................wait for it.........................................................................The battle of the ALEUTIANS!!!!!!!

I'll take that action.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SCG_wtornado said:

The devs will throw everyone off and create..........wait for it......................................wait for it.........................................................................The battle of the ALEUTIANS!!!!!!!

Too obvious. They should do the Battle of Madagascar instead. Proposed aircraft:

Allies (Fleet Air Arm):

Fairey Albacore

Fairey Fulmar

Fairey Swordfish

Hawker Sea Hurricane Mk IA

Martlet Mk.II

Axis (Vichy France):

Um, er, nothing. They didn't have any aircraft on Madagascar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Madagascar

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Haha 1

Doing the Aleutians makes no sense. On the US side you have the P39, P40 and P38  that are already done or in progress along with the Gooney bird. You would need the A6M2 Zero, Betty bomber and the Pete float plane. If they were making those a reality, the central Pacific would be much more appropriate (and the weather is better). 

Oh, I did notice there has been a tiny bit of subtle sarcasm in this thread, I really don’t think that creates a toxic community. If anything, this is an intellectually stimulating group that does not always agree. 

As an example, everyone does not agree with me that Malta and southern Italy will obviously be the next installment. We have to pay attention to acronyms and BoM is already taken so Battle of Malta is out. BoS is taken so no Battle of Sicily either. That just leaves BoI for Battle of Italy. 😁

On 7/16/2019 at 11:14 PM, Jaegermeister said:

Doing the Aleutians makes no sense. On the US side you have the P39, P40 and P38  that are already done or in progress along with the Gooney bird. You would need the A6M2 Zero, Betty bomber and the Pete float plane. If they were making those a reality, the central Pacific would be much more appropriate (and the weather is better). 

Oh, I did notice there has been a tiny bit of subtle sarcasm in this thread, I really don’t think that creates a toxic community. If anything, this is an intellectually stimulating group that does not always agree. 

As an example, everyone does not agree with me that Malta and southern Italy will obviously be the next installment. We have to pay attention to acronyms and BoM is already taken so Battle of Malta is out. BoS is taken so no Battle of Sicily either. That just leaves BoI for Battle of Italy. 😁

The Battle of Sicily before and during Operation Husky would of made sense where Steinhoff and the Luftwaffe  would at least of put up a fight for the

island.With the Luftwaffe having a little over 850 operation al aircraft and the Allies having almost 4400 aircraft and even then by  mid-July the

operational sorties of the Luftwaffe had dwindled so much that it was pretty well over then for any counter response from the Germans.

The Allies attacked Europe and Germany from Italy more that they fought German and Italian pilots over Italy itself. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 3:35 AM, AndyJWest said:

Too obvious. They should do the Battle of Madagascar instead. Proposed aircraft:

Allies (Fleet Air Arm):

Fairey Albacore

Fairey Fulmar

Fairey Swordfish

Hawker Sea Hurricane Mk IA

Martlet Mk.II

Axis (Vichy France):

Um, er, nothing. They didn't have any aircraft on Madagascar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Madagascar

NGL despite the non existent opposition and that being intended as a humour post, I would purchase that with gusto for the Albacore, Fulmar and Swordfish.

😁

Oh wait from your wiki link;

However, naval and air defences were relatively light and/or obsolete: eight coastal batteries, two armed merchant cruisers, two sloops, five submarines, 17 Morane-Saulnier 406 fighters and 10 Potez 63 bombers.

Edited by Oliver88

On 7/13/2019 at 2:34 AM, BRADYS555 said:

I would take the opposite stance ie I would be happy to just have carriers and no land. 😉  I am rubbish at landing on carriers but for some unknown reason I enjoy the thrill of launching from a carrier and the (rare) joy of a successful landing (most times I am just happy if my wreckage does not slide off the side 🙄 )    

3 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

NGL despite the non existent opposition and that being intended as a humour post, I would purchase that with gusto for the Albacore, Fulmar and Swordfish.

😁

Oh wait from your wiki link;

..17 Morane-Saulnier 406 fighters and 10 Potez 63 bombers.

Oops! Should have read the Wikipedia article more carefully. But yes, I wasn't being serious. Though of possible strategic significance (the Japanese had their eyes on it as a useful friendly port for a base),  the Battle of Madagascar doesn't seem to have involved much in the way of air combat. So if we ever get Fulmars and Swordfish (and/or Morane-Saulnier 406s and Potez 63s) they'll probably come elsewhere. I wouldn't be particularly disappointed if they gave the Albacore a miss though. Not the most successful design, and had the dubious distinction of being withdrawn from service before the aircraft it was supposed to replace.

Huh. You people. I know exactly what comes next. Mustang, Lightning, Tempest, AI Mitchell. Rhineland map and Arras trench map. After that I don't care ;) (although I have my personal favourites.) After all, I haven't got bored with BoS yet, and as for all these other funny titles under my name...

Posted (edited)

@ "Mustang, Lightning, Tempest, AI Mitchell. Rhineland map and Arras trench map..."

Indeed, fully agree with you on this !

As I also bought everything IL-2 I will know what to do the next year or so ... simply enjoying all the new goodies !

The same longing for what is not there yet goes for the DCS community (and most others I guess) ... what is already there, what is a sure thing ... doesn't matter at all ... we wan't what is *not* there 🙂

Pretty sure IL-2 knows what it will do next, will tell us soon enough.

Then we can again claim it all should have been there already because what is now proposed is *not* what we personally like

and in fact *never* will because that changes every other day ... as soon as we know what is really coming 🙂

Edited by simfan2015
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

the Battle of Madagascar doesn't seem to have involved much in the way of air combat

Nah not much, out of interest looked through some books, one describes two engagements where 881 shot down two Potez and three-four Moranes, another mentions that in total 881 and 882 together managed to shoot down seven aircraft, so that could be what a possible three engagements with air to air victories? They do not mention any air to air victories from the other fighter squadrons involved.

Unpacking the swf.gtp file could get you speculating...

\swf\il2\countries\203 might give you a hint. It contains the following file [flag.big.dds]

flag.big.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

US customers prefer Pacific, western/southern Europe second, I believe.

Good documentation about japanese airplanes was too hard to get last time, I doubt it has become easier.

BoB, Africa and Southern Europe seem to be allocated to Team Fusion.

I think most customers do not want another Eastern Front module.

Leaves: 

Scandinavia 1939-40 (incl Winter War)

France-Low Countries 1940

UK-France 1941 - 43

Normandy 1944

Germany 1945

The last two do not offer much wrt new aircraft types.

Edited by Trog1odyte

Posted (edited)

I am quite new to IL-2 related matters so what I write about IL-2 is of little importance, but FWIW ...

I, personally, will be very happy with whatever these Devs will come up with next ...

So many (also very promising-) sims have been abandonned for mostly economic reasons.

I sincerely doubt any sim developper is into it for the money (first), but if it doen't sell it has to be abandonned.

Nobody works for free.

We also have to keep in mind that not all customers are living in the US, or Western Europe.

Therefore not everybody truly cares much about the Pacific, or Russia or Korea or ...

I am really curious of course like everybody else but FWIW my *personal* preference would be WWII Pacific (YMMV!)

I can't wait to hear about ... Post ? ...  

Edited by simfan2015

2 hours ago, Trog1odyte said:

Good documentation about japanese airplanes was too hard to get last time, 

That wasn't technically the problem A, B -  the reason for Bodenplatte was to allow time to solve the actual issue. 

they would not bather with increasing visibility distances for ships and wakes for nothing so it has to be PTO as next DLC, so wez geting Midway  :)

Berlin may be a good choice. It had a air activity over it from 1940 until 1945 so just about any planes could be added.

Yak-3, Yak-9, La-7, P-63

He-162, additional 88 and 110 variants, Me-410, Me-163, He-219

Additional  P51, 47 and 38 variants

Additional spitfire variants, Mosquito

and any of a large array of medium and heavy US and RAF bombers.

It would fill out both the East and West theaters as well as being a theater in it's own right.