1) Why can't the commander see over the open hatch ?  See below,  this affects KV   as well.  Tiger, see below

2) Why is the Tiger Double differential not modeled ?    The T34  used clutch-braking for steering.  The Tiger was able to neutral turn, counter rotate treads, Turn in Place.   This make a big difference to a slow turret, as well as speed lost in a turn, which was not there.

-tiger.jpg

tiger-tank-.jpg

• Like 1

Tiger turning on the spot.

You can use the pilot head controls to let him go higher. I do not know the default keys for it but it is the pilot head control keys that let you move the pilot up/down/left/right/for/after. The same keys you use when your commander or driver has to look to the visor.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, pa4tim said:

You can use the pilot head controls to let him go higher. I do not know the default keys for it but it is the pilot head control keys that let you move the pilot up/down/left/right/for/after. The same keys you use when your commander or driver has to look to the visor.  

This 😄 Easy to look over the commander hatch and move around.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, pa4tim said:

Thank you for that,  I have  handicapping  myself  this whole time 😆

Now,  back to the clutch brake on the Tiger that should be a double differential ?    Tigers are unnecessarily losing speed in turns and having to drag a track to turn in place.   I don't know that the T34, KV  could actually turn in place  by dragging a track  but had to move forward or back,  not sure.     The handling advantage the Tiger enjoyed while turning at speed,  or at a standstill,  is not accurately modeled at all but is modeled  like a T-34.  In fact,  I am not sure that the Sherman  used clutch braking,  I think it had a  differential similar to the Tiger, though not quite as good in terms of agility.   It seems at this point that all tanks are modeled using clutch braking  when they in fact had much more complex systems in place for steering/turning than the soviet models.   It is true that the T34 was a fast tank,  but the reality is, that other than weighing more, the Tiger was more agile

At this time controlling the tanks (and how they react on certain things, also increased by lacking an instruction/user manual) is a real, I dare to say, a huge, problem.  I hope they are going to adres that and  for most, let us know what there opinion regarding this is and if they are planning to do something about it.

I played a few serious Tiger missions tonight and that was just one frustrating experience. All problems seem to come at the same time.

Things like:

- getting blocked by an invisible "something", 

- not willing to drive over a small pile of sand,

- Shot to pieces by a tank while tracked, that could hit me, but I could not hit him thanks to a bush in between that blocked only my shells. 

- Stopped by a fence pole.

- Waiting for nothing on a repair because it seems that you not only have to shut down the engine but also must open a hatch. (I think, or it was coincidence,  I so want a decent user-manual) 

- The bloody black screen of death if you try to rotate the turret to fast. And because my motor was not on it took me more as 3 minutes to find the visible part again but by that time my gunner was dead and because you can not rotate crew positions my gun was useless and so my tank. 

- the  turret that auto rotates to the start position because you switched to an other crew member. 

And there are a lot more control issues that needs attention.

I so hope they give this some priority or at least communicate about this. I do not mind waiting at all, as long if I know what they are planning to do. Now it is only causing more and more frustration. 

TC can be a fantastic tank sim, it is already pretty good in many things and I know it is a work in progress but cripple controls spoil a lot of fun. 

Please Defs let us know something