Sign in to follow this  
wowzer

Unable to play IL2 Stalingrad.

On running IL2 Stalingrad I receive two options to select: 'I just brought the game' and 'I have played the game before and I have an IL2 account' which ever option I select I receive a wheel that spins then IL2 Stalingrad goes back to desktop and does not run.Please note with the option: 'I have played the game before and I have an IL2 account' I have tried to 'link accounts and login' and 'steam login only' and IL2 Stalingrad does not load and reverts to desktop.
I have a steam key for the game. I have not played for about two years but have around 250 hours played in game previously.
I have been in contact with customer support, but have not received any constructive assistance, other than to send dxdiag/msinfo logs and to re-install my graphics drivers. All of which I have done. 
If anyone's able to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey thanks for replying custard. I have tried all of these suggestions previously.

1 hour ago, wowzer said:

Hey thanks for replying custard. I have tried all of these suggestions previously.

have you logged into your profile on the main IL2 page? 

https://il2sturmovik.com/

on that page you can also log in via steam. you may be able to log in via steam.

Yeh I tried all of the options, link accounts, login steam only and I just brought the game. :(

That's stupid, and I'm sorry. Maybe you should contact the support. They should hopefully be able to help you!

I have tried customer support, but they have not given me any useful advice. So I'm trying the forums in case any one in the community can help me.On a side note I'm very unimpressed with the support given to me from the Il2 team;  Two to three days for a email reply(often having to reiterate the problem I'm having-although clearly explained in my initial email), constant badgering has also been the form too, in the form of emails to customer support, to make sure wowzer and his problem running battle of Stalingrad has not been forgotten. Laughably the only practical advice I have been given is to re-install the game and my graphics drivers. Which of course is the first thing any discerning PC user would do anyway-including yours truly. 

Help IL2 community -you're my only hope!

Is there anyone in the community that can help me solve this problem? The customer support team have now stopped answering my emails.

Long Shot Wowzer but if you have something like Precision X overclocking overlay that can interfere with the game. If you do, try deactivating the overlay. 

As i say - long shot.

Here is another long shot that you may have already tried download the free version of https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Uninstall IL2 and delete all the folders and then use the free software to clean your registry entries (obviously at your own risk) then try a fresh install (also make sure any antivirus software is not blocking the program.

One question, where did you purchase IL2 from?  

@9./JG52_BOO   No sir I do not, but thanks for replying.

@Custard I'll give the CCleaner a go tonight, thanks fellows for trying to help the wowza. Also Custard, in reply, I have a steam key for BOS (early access).

Ok fellows BOS is running after using CCleaner(and I re-installed into my  SSD C drive kept for Falcon BMS and windows).  So to all of you guys that offered me advice,thanks! And a special howl of the panther to custard for the CCleaner suggestion. It's a real shame that customer support is lacking and that I've had to turn to the wider community to help, but without it no BOS-so thanks again-free pints available if ever near London!!!

• Like 1

Outstanding. Congratulations on getting things sorted out. :yahoo:

Hello all,

I have the same issue. But all solutions i tried are not effective.

See my post there

I send a ticket to the support.

Could you please help?

Thanks,

HeWA

@HeWA First go to this page and Download the game. https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

The download can take 15-20 min so be patient. Once you have completed the download you can link your Steam account with IL2 and have access to everything you have bought.

In the future please consider buying directly from the IL2 Store (https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/). This way the IL2 developers get paid fully and do not have to share with Steam.

As a welcome gift I bought Battle of Kuban for you to also enjoy because everyone should have the Bf110G2 in their inventory.

I hope this solves your problem and you are flying with us soon.

Cheers

• Like 3

@Gordon200Thanks a lot for the gift and for the help.

I installed the client. Now i try tolink my account and launch the game, but it's not working so far.

I'll try again later and i'll tell you if it's ok.

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Gordon200

So...

The support asked me my steam ID and a screenshot of the main menu.

When i try to login through the client (not steam), this error occurs : "#4 Wrong email or password".

But i can log with my id and password ont the website,so...i don't know what happen.

The key of Battle of Kuban is activated 

Through steam, i have the same issue than before (#2)...

Edited by HeWA

I have been getting the master server error occasionally myself since the last patch. However, usually if I just try again a few times or restart the game I can connect to the server.

@RedKestrel Ok bro. Unfortunately it never worked for me. I was never able to start the game...

I'm sorry we haven't been able to help you yet. Its good that you've contacted support, they can take a few days though. I would also perhaps see if steam support can help you.

I think the issue has to be that your username and password are wrong somehow (or being seen as wrong), or that something is preventing Il-2 from contacting the master licensing server.

I'm just going to throw a bunch of questions at you, I don't want to overwhelm you but I'm trying to think of possible problems we can solve here.

1. What do you use for your firewall or virus scanner on your PC? It could be preventing IL-2 and Steam from contacting the Master Server when you try and log on. In that case, the email and password may be getting flagged as "Wrong email or password" just because the client can't even talk to the server. Some people with Kaspersky anti-virus had issues with the game during this last update I believe. I would close every other internet-connected application, disable your firewall/antivirus, and then try and log in with the client and with Steam. If you successfully log in, reactivate the firewall/antivirus and look up how to add exceptions for applications in the antivirus software.

2. Are you absolutely, 100% sure the username/password combination are the same in the store and when you try and log in? I know this is a frustrating question but you should triple check one more time. I found that I had to manually type in my username and password a few times after the last update, even though the saved password should have worked as it had not changed. 

3. When you say you can log into the website without issue, do you mean the Store and main webpage or the forum? They are linked but I don't think they necessarily have to have the same password. We at the very least know that your username credential on the forum is the same as in the game because we can see the BoK you were gifted as a tag under your name, but if the password is different that could be an issue.

4. Are you able to launch the game from the client in offline mode, without logging in? I think the game requires you to sign in once before full activation or something but maybe you can launch the game in offline mode just to see if that is the only issue.

5. Open your router's homepage in your internet browser and see if its somehow your router is blocking the connection from Il2 or Steam tot he Master Server in some way. I'm not a networking professional or anything, but I think this is a possible issue (though unlikely). It would explain why you can log in via the web browser but your applications are not allowed to talk to the license server. You may be able to look up your specific router model and find out if its something that can happen and how to fix it. I think this one is unlikely and I would be very careful messing around in the router, but it may be worth exploring if nothing else pans out.

Hopefully some of this helps you. Fingers crossed. BTW, did you try using CCleaner as wowzer did above? It seems to have solved his issue. 

@RedKestrel After all, thanks for your reply.

I think the issue is due to my account. Maybe the link with steam account?

On IL2 website, i can see the BoK Key activated (gift by Gordon), but i don't see the BoS Key (bought through Steam).

I reply at your question below :

1. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. And i just installed Avast. I tried with all of these desactivated, but the issue is still here ;

2. I'm 100% sure of my username/password ;

3. I mean i can log into the Store and main page AND the forum ;

4. I can't launch the game from the client in offline mode because the game requires me to sign in once before i can play offline ;

5. I opened ports 80 and 443. I don't know what else to do on that part.

Finally, yes i tried the CCleaner tip from above. And that's not effective too.

Thanks for your help guys.

1 hour ago, HeWA said:

@RedKestrel After all, thanks for your reply.

I think the issue is due to my account. Maybe the link with steam account?

On IL2 website, i can see the BoK Key activated (gift by Gordon), but i don't see the BoS Key (bought through Steam).

I reply at your question below :

1. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. And i just installed Avast. I tried with all of these desactivated, but the issue is still here ;

2. I'm 100% sure of my username/password ;

3. I mean i can log into the Store and main page AND the forum ;

4. I can't launch the game from the client in offline mode because the game requires me to sign in once before i can play offline ;

5. I opened ports 80 and 443. I don't know what else to do on that part.

Finally, yes i tried the CCleaner tip from above. And that's not effective too.

Thanks for your help guys.

On the Store website you can only see the items that have been purchased through the store. The same is true of Steam, you can only see what you have purchased through Steam in your Steam Library. So you won't see BoK in your Steam Library, and you won't see BoS in your Store account. BUT if you log in with steam with a linked account, you WILL have access to all the content purchased through both Steam AND the store.

There must be something messed up with your account OR something with your connection preventing you from accessing the Master Server. I can't think what that would be. Maybe the link-up of your steam. Steam is giving you the Cannot Connect with Master Server error, and the game is saying Wrong Email and Password, right?

For what it's worth I think the game IS able to reach the master server but its not recognizing your login, since otherwise the game client would have given you the Master Server connection error, which it gives me if my Internet is down. Maybe Steam just says it cannot connect to the master server because the server is rejecting your username and password.

Keep bugging support, I think its probable that something is just screwed up with your account and they may be able to fix it. It doesn't sound like there is a problem applying the update because when the update happens for me I can't even get the game  to the client launch screen to try and log in. 

I'm out of ideas, unfortunately. LIke I said keep bugging support and keep us posted on what happens. If I think of anything else to try I'll post it.

Yes, Steam give me the error #2 (master server connection) and the game give me error #4 (wrong email or password).

That's what i think too. The account is probably corrupt or something like that. That's lucky ... :)

I'm waiting the support reply and i will keep you informed...

Cheers

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HeWA said:

Yes, Steam give me the error #2 (master server connection) and the game give me error #4 (wrong email or password).

That's what i think too. The account is probably corrupt or something like that. That's lucky ... :)

I'm waiting the support reply and i will keep you informed...

Cheers

Good luck!

Finally, support fixed my problem and linked mySteam ID and IL-2 account.

I can play now.

Thanks for all your helps ! It's very kind.

See u in the sky :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Very glad it worked out for you! Enjoy the game!

• Like 1