Sign in to follow this  
wowzer

Unable to play IL2 Stalingrad.

On running IL2 Stalingrad I receive two options to select: 'I just brought the game' and 'I have played the game before and I have an IL2 account' which ever option I select I receive a wheel that spins then IL2 Stalingrad goes back to desktop and does not run.Please note with the option: 'I have played the game before and I have an IL2 account' I have tried to 'link accounts and login' and 'steam login only' and IL2 Stalingrad does not load and reverts to desktop.
I have a steam key for the game. I have not played for about two years but have around 250 hours played in game previously.
I have been in contact with customer support, but have not received any constructive assistance, other than to send dxdiag/msinfo logs and to re-install my graphics drivers. All of which I have done. 
If anyone's able to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey thanks for replying custard. I have tried all of these suggestions previously.

1 hour ago, wowzer said:

Hey thanks for replying custard. I have tried all of these suggestions previously.

have you logged into your profile on the main IL2 page? 

https://il2sturmovik.com/

on that page you can also log in via steam. you may be able to log in via steam.

Yeh I tried all of the options, link accounts, login steam only and I just brought the game. :(

That's stupid, and I'm sorry. Maybe you should contact the support. They should hopefully be able to help you!

I have tried customer support, but they have not given me any useful advice. So I'm trying the forums in case any one in the community can help me.On a side note I'm very unimpressed with the support given to me from the Il2 team;  Two to three days for a email reply(often having to reiterate the problem I'm having-although clearly explained in my initial email), constant badgering has also been the form too, in the form of emails to customer support, to make sure wowzer and his problem running battle of Stalingrad has not been forgotten. Laughably the only practical advice I have been given is to re-install the game and my graphics drivers. Which of course is the first thing any discerning PC user would do anyway-including yours truly. 

Help IL2 community -you're my only hope!

Is there anyone in the community that can help me solve this problem? The customer support team have now stopped answering my emails.

Long Shot Wowzer but if you have something like Precision X overclocking overlay that can interfere with the game. If you do, try deactivating the overlay. 

As i say - long shot.

Here is another long shot that you may have already tried download the free version of https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Uninstall IL2 and delete all the folders and then use the free software to clean your registry entries (obviously at your own risk) then try a fresh install (also make sure any antivirus software is not blocking the program.

One question, where did you purchase IL2 from?  

@9./JG52_BOO   No sir I do not, but thanks for replying.

@Custard I'll give the CCleaner a go tonight, thanks fellows for trying to help the wowza. Also Custard, in reply, I have a steam key for BOS (early access).

Ok fellows BOS is running after using CCleaner(and I re-installed into my  SSD C drive kept for Falcon BMS and windows).  So to all of you guys that offered me advice,thanks! And a special howl of the panther to custard for the CCleaner suggestion. It's a real shame that customer support is lacking and that I've had to turn to the wider community to help, but without it no BOS-so thanks again-free pints available if ever near London!!!

• Like 1

Outstanding. Congratulations on getting things sorted out. :yahoo: