Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

What's Left for the VVS

Recommended Posts

What about a late model Pe-2. Later models after the series 110 should be of better build quality and would regain some off the original higher speeds.

 

Grt M

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2,952 of this aircraft type on the eastern front alone. This is a must have aircraft for the series IMO.

Hurricane-USSR-78IAP-Capt-Vasiliy-Adonkin-and-White-96-at-Pummanki-airfield-1943-01.thumb.jpg.adc71c4063a230e83bc3a01dac626b3c.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

2,952 of this aircraft type on the eastern front alone. This is a must have aircraft for the series IMO.

Hurricane-USSR-78IAP-Capt-Vasiliy-Adonkin-and-White-96-at-Pummanki-airfield-1943-01.thumb.jpg.adc71c4063a230e83bc3a01dac626b3c.jpg

 

Yeah I think that'd be a popular choice. I was a bit surprised but a recent poll on the IL-2 Facebook group (unofficial) put the Hurricane either first or second place.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

Yeah I think that'd be a popular choice. I was a bit surprised but a recent poll on the IL-2 Facebook group (unofficial) put the Hurricane either first or second place.

 

I think it has been a consistently popular request since BoS was announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in clod and tfs5 youll have every hurricane exept mkIV, and it would be worst airplane in this game so why would anyone buy it as collectable, if it was included in BoM from start ok but as collectable it would be failure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes people like to fly the airplanes they like, no matter if they're not the hottest rides around anymore.

Like me. I like flying a P-40 on a 1944 server for the lulz.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

in clod and tfs5 youll have every hurricane exept mkIV, and it would be worst airplane in this game so why would anyone buy it as collectable, if it was included in BoM from start ok but as collectable it would be failure

Not all of us treat il2 as a call of duty game. We aren't all trying to get the highest score by any means nescassary. Some of us actually enjoy flying because we love the planes. Weird right? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

in clod and tfs5 youll have every hurricane exept mkIV, and it would be worst airplane in this game so why would anyone buy it as collectable, if it was included in BoM from start ok but as collectable it would be failure

 

I'd buy it precisely because it is an old crap plane. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hurricane in pack of 10 airplanes in one DLC = 8$

hurricane as collectable = 20$

 

easy to see crappy airplane from 1940 would not sell if it needs to fight vs 1941 airplanes for 2.5x more price then if it was part of BoM DLC

 

even in SP campaign vs AI you cant catch any enemy bombers even, and what can you do with 0.303s to them even if you catch them, i-16 atleast has 20mms

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As said: Tomahawk and also C47 or li-2!

 

I'd like a four bladed propeller P39Q too.

 

With that, why not an early Lagg3, the Yak9T, and the magnificent I153.

Edited by Caudron431Rafale
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P-63 Kingcobra.

Bell_P-63_Kingcobra_42-7010.jpg

Li-2 (obvious)

 

DB-3/IL-4

 

Su-2 (although playing a minor role compared to the IL-2, it saw more action in the early phases of war).

be064854d68fd5017c1b91b0964aa9e9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

 

I think it has been a consistently popular request since BoS was announced.

 

It's really interesting to me that it is. The Hurricane is by far not the best fighter out there so I guess I'm fascinated by the interest. Even in the Battle of Moscow planeset it would be a bit rough going. Not that I wouldn't fly it anyways and that it doesn't have at least some advantages.

 

I guess it would just be a fun aircraft to have and that's why so many people want it. Not a bad thing :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

guess it would just be a fun aircraft to have and that's why so many people want it. Not a bad thing :)

 

I agree: I think a lot of people appreciate the older aircraft with character as much as the cutting-edge designs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be keen for a Po-2 with the stretcher pods on the wings for medical evacuation.   That’s a mission type I would very much like to fly.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Hurricane in pack of 10 airplanes in one DLC = 8$

hurricane as collectable = 20$

 

easy to see crappy airplane from 1940 would not sell if it needs to fight vs 1941 airplanes for 2.5x more price then if it was part of BoM DLC

 

even in SP campaign vs AI you cant catch any enemy bombers even, and what can you do with 0.303s to them even if you catch them, i-16 atleast has 20mms

 

Hurricane MkIIB was often modified to replace the 12x7.7mm with 2x12.7 UB + 2x20 ShVAK and could also be equipped with rockets/bombs, there where also modifications with 4x20 ShVAK or 4x12.7 UB so the hurricane can be an good ground attacker.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

easy to see crappy airplane from 1940 would not sell if it needs to fight vs 1941 airplanes for 2.5x more price then if it was part of BoM DLC

 

You mean like a 1930s transport aircraft? Like the most frequently requested fighter as an add-on for the few years? Like an aircraft fleshing out the set for the early-war battles alongside the I-153 and Hs-123 that keep on being queried?

 

You sure it would not sell? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

It's really interesting to me that it is. The Hurricane is by far not the best fighter out there so I guess I'm fascinated by the interest. Even in the Battle of Moscow planeset it would be a bit rough going. Not that I wouldn't fly it anyways and that it doesn't have at least some advantages.

 

I guess it would just be a fun aircraft to have and that's why so many people want it. Not a bad thing :)

Agreed - but throw it in early historical Med. scenario's when it made its appearance there, and it is entirely a different story - at least for a little while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 6./ZG26_5tuka said:

P-63 Kingcobra.

Bell_P-63_Kingcobra_42-7010.jpg

Li-2 (obvious)

 

DB-3/IL-4

 

Su-2 (although playing a minor role compared to the IL-2, it saw more action in the early phases of war).

be064854d68fd5017c1b91b0964aa9e9.jpg

SU 2 was s very popular plane among its crew

good handling , heated cabin and powerful compared to other twoseaters of the era

I love to have one   

Hurricanes did give 109 E a good fight in France Dunkirk and BOB

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I-153 and the Hurricane would make me very happy... but forget the P-63, didn't see any action in the European theatre... only recorded combat was in the Manchuria operation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going to anmoy the F*** out of everyone and demand an Op Unthinkable pack that adds less planes more map and some.other features (like engine thermals, viewing distance, 4 engine ai bombers)

Few planes we dont have for player flying too...

But Im a sucker for west v east war stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 7:26 AM, 77.CountZero said:

easy to see crappy airplane from 1940 would not sell

 

H U R R I C A N E

 

It would sell like mad. The I16 is super popular and my personal favourite aircraft to fly for the motherland. Everybody likes an underdog. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 7:12 PM, Elem said:

I-153

Tu-2

DB-2 or SB

MBR-2

Li-2 

 

Good list

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Good list

 

 

A Smolensk or Kiev map plus a few of the above and you have a GB add-on while the next development is determined. I joked about this in the DD thread, but I think that there is more than enough appetite for map and a/c pack around the wider European theatre without new tech. for Pacific or Korea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pe-3 & Pe-3Bis were significant and would be easier to produce than many other types. VVS really lacks a twin engined fighter. VVS is also lacking in the bomber department so Tu-2, Pe-8, IL-4, Li-2 and transport, Li-2, Pe-8 again.

 

That said, we are almost sure to see the later fighters like Yak-9's, Yak-3 La-7 as this has already been mentioned by the developer.

 

Early war scenario is really lacking and this also applies to the Axis side. In fact I think we really need a Battle of somewhere the Axis forces actually won™. After all they must have won something at some point. Plenty to choose from on the Eastern front where you can pit your Tomahawks, Hurricanes, I-15's etc., against the early 109's and get smashed :) 

 

In the same way I'd love a Battle of Dieppe, where the biggest air-battles on the channel front since the BoB, saw a better than 2 to 1 attrition in favor of the Luftwaffe. RAF Spitfire's (MkVB's and some IXC's) & Hurricane MkII's along with early Typhoons and Mustang Mk1's, Blenheim's & Boston's including the US Eagle Sqn's in MkVB's and early bombing missions for the USAAC in B-17's covered by USAAC Sqn's in SpitVB's, duking it out with the Lutwaffe's 109F's, 190A's & Do-217's should appeal to many. After all 1942 was prime time WWII where the fight was most certainly on and the out come could still have gone either way. But I have the feeling we are leaning towards an Allied victory Battle scenario always, for some reason.

 

But that's drifting a bit off topic and deserves a thread of it's own :) 

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc., plus like the developer, I forgot the Hurricane :)
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of online wars and functionality:

Li-2

 

Couple of very common bombers:

SB-2, DB-3M / DB-3f

 

And couple of very common fighters also:

Yak-9, I-153 and Hurricane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As axis side has all nessecary and top performing airplanes, for online play you just need either La-7, Yak-3 or Yak-9U, just one of thouse 3 would be enought, and either late war il-10 or Tu-2, one of thouse would be enought, and we could have missions from start to end of war on east front.

Then they can start to add other opscure and poor performing airplanes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

As axis side has all nessecary and top performing airplanes, for online play you just need either La-7, Yak-3 or Yak-9U, just one of thouse 3 would be enought, and either late war il-10 or Tu-2, one of thouse would be enought, and we could have missions from start to end of war on east front.

Then they can start to add other opscure and poor performing airplanes.

 

Aye sure...if you forget the Arado 234B, the Me-163B, the Bf-109G-10 and the Ta-152-H...you are prepared to trade the Yak-3 for an La-7 and you enjoy the idea of early war VVS missions with the choice of 2 fighters or 1 bomber or 1 Sturmovik.

 

Otherwise it sounds like a recipe for Airfix Dogfighter™ :P 

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pict said:

 

Aye sure...if you forget the Arado 234B, the Me-163B, the Bf-109G-10 and the Ta-152-H...you are prepared to trade the Yak-3 for an La-7 and you enjoy the idea of early war VVS missions with the choice of 2 fighters or 1 bomber or 1 Sturmovik.

 

Otherwise it sounds like a recipe for Airfix Dogfighter™ :P 

 

Yes, all thouse axis airplanes are not neccesary when you already have planty 44-45 axis airplanes in game now they can add them after they add late war vvs stuff, so 1 fighter and 1 ga or bomber on vvs side for late war is all thats needed.

Online you only need 1-2 fighters and 1-2 bombers/ga on any mission and you can play, it works last few years ith no problems and need to add obscure and poor airplanes compared to ones in game now.

Now you have late war axis airplanes in game and nothing to do as servers hosting them are empty, so before adding and filing 41-42 its better to add missing 44-45 on vvs, or late war axis will just stay in hangars as servers will not have missions for them to play on :P

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Online you only need...

 

Sure, but it's not solely about on-line is it? Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered putting resources into developing the great campaign generator and AI we now have.

 

It's been said already by the developer that the late war Soviet fighters would be coming, so no need to think about only having just one of them.

 

I like to fly on-line too and the first aircraft I would like to see to help the "on-line balance" factor would be the Li-2, way before any late war hot rod  anything :) 

Edited by Pict
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the PE 2 and the same goes for A 20. 

But they got multiple options on how to attack. 

I really wish for early war planes. 

They are all listed in this topic and probably give a huge advantage to Luftwaffe. 

That is why I wish for a map with Finland as the opponent. 

I would love to fly both sides. Finns with their Gladiators Hurricane Fokkers Dewiotine?  Brewsters ,Blenheim ,DO 17 , Fiats ,

Russian with I 153 SB 2 , I 16 (would be a ace) 

po2 , SU 2, TBD 3 

I hate to see these planes being left out. 

But I guess they dont bring 💰 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Dewiotine?

 

I don't think the Fins got any Dewoitine's, but they certainly got Morane-Saulnier M.S.406 & M.S.410's, plenty info here about this. I would really like to see the version they made with a LAGG-3 engine called the Mörkö-Morane fairly ideal heart swap I reckon as the Klimov 105-P was a licensed version of the HS 12Y found in the MS, but more powerful and plentiful on the eastern front :) 

 

They did it in IL2 Forgotten Battles, but just as AI. I think it would be a potent little fighter in it's day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pict said:

Morane-Saulnier

Thats it. I forgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's rare, and that the more functional edition were even rarer, but I'd really love to fly the Yer-2 at some point.

 

Might as well get shot down in something cool looking😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A-20C (torpedoes) and G (guns)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kissklas said:

 I'd really love to fly the Yer-2 at some point.

Might as well get shot down in something cool looking😂

 

Should have gone to Specsavers!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I want a hurricane and some early laggs and I-153's, what is next for the vvs is to wait and let the waves of the Pacific wash over IL2. I would do some shameful things for a Rufe! 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

 

Should have gone to Specsavers!

Come on, look at those wings! But yes I do have -5 on both eyes😂

yer2-splinter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

As much as I want a hurricane and some early laggs and I-153's, what is next for the vvs is to wait and let the waves of the Pacific wash over IL2. I would do some shameful things for a Rufe! 

 

Me too.

 

GGbUtq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kissklas said:

I know it's rare, and that the more functional edition were even rarer, but I'd really love to fly the Yer-2 at some point.

 

Might as well get shot down in something cool looking😂

The Yer 2 was in my mind a common bomber

I think it was main aircraft designed to use diesel engines and had a very good range. 

Those diesel engines had a lot of problems though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...