=gRiJ=Roman-

What's left for the Luftwaffe?

If you could choose five new planes for the luftwaffe, not variants of the existing ones, which one would you pick?

So, no more Bf109s, Fw190s, Ju87s, etc.

For examples, new models such as s Do17 / Do217, FW189, Fi156 Storch, He112, Hs123, Ta 152 (variant?), He 177, Me 163, Me 323, Me 410, He 219 Uhu, Ar234, Fw200,  etc

Tell us us the five new models you would most like to see in our sim :)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Upvote 1

Arado 234

Junkers  188 (He 162 if too close to a Ju 88)

Me 410

Fw 189

Do 217-K2  :)

Edited by bzc3lk

Fw189 (Up high)

Hs123 (Down low)

Ar234 (Fast)

Me410 (Nice)

Ar196 (Fun)

• Upvote 3

Just the Storch would do. But, I would love to have a Stinson L5 as well along with the ability to use pistols, for that 'last dogfight' like feeling.

Arado Ar 234

Henschel Hs 123

Heinkel He 162

Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Me 323 Gigant (something to move onto after the Ju 52)

FW189

Me410

Ju188

Do217

He115

BTW the Ta152 is just a further development of the FW190 Dora, just now named after the developer Kurt Tank instead of the heads of the company Heinrich Focke and Georg Wulf.

• Upvote 1

one more dlc with axis airplanes and you run out of types 😄

its realy not hard chouce when you remove fighters and remove airplanes that dont have any use for this game like recon or transport your left with obvious 5

Well, four-engine aircraft won't get into the series so unfortunately no Fw200 Condor; or Me323 Gigant much as I'd like to see them. The He177 Greif on the other hand looks like a twin-engined aircraft so we might get away with it; that's my first choice - mainly for the fun rather than usefulness.

The Henschel Hs123 fits into the Moscow, Stalingrad and even Kursk scenarios so that's a must and my second choice.

3rd choice: Fieseler Storch - I'd like the Fw189 or Bv141 but the Storch complements the U-2 better and is usable across all scenarios during WW2.

4th: Arado Ar234. Jets are now introduced to the series and a twin-engine jet bomber just can't be ignored; especially as it ties in with the Bodenplatte timeframe.

5th: Got to have a floatplane! The Arado Ar196 would probably be the logical choice but I've always had a soft spot for the Heinkel He115 so would love to see that.

1. He177

2. Hs123

3. Fieseler Storch

4. Ar234

5. He115

A shame that I've had to leave out the Do17, Do217 and Me410, and I'd really like a Ju87B or Ju88C before some of the others, but it's fun to speculate.

Cheers.

Edited by Red_Cat

Me 410
Ju 188
Fw 189
He 177
Do 217

13 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

one more dlc with axis airplanes and you run out of types 😄

its realy not hard chouce when you remove fighters and remove airplanes that dont have any use for this game like recon or transport your left with obvious 5

Not quiet, there is the night fighting arm of the Luftwaffe if the developers introduce Radar tech to the game engine. Two man online crew with a proper human radar operator would be a fabulous experience. Much like the Heatblur F-14 with a human "Jester" in the rear seat can make human errors and give you that real time non scripted verbal feedback working as a team. Another reason for the Mozzie as the Nachtjagdgeschwader  needs a nice juicy target.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Upvote 2

Hs 123

Fw 189

Do 217

Ju 188 (would pick Ju88C, but that would voilate the "no variants" rule) 

Me 410

• Like 1

Storch - multi-role workhorse from 39-45 with plenty of gameplay potential

Fw-189 - recon aircraft with mass appeal and a chance to be a real first in flight simulation

Ar-234 - a real bomber in which you won't be troubled by the lack of a believable crew

That's it. 

Oh alright then...  Plus an Me-163 Komet and Ba-349 Natter.  But only if they come with some simple AI B-17s to fly against.  :happy:

• Like 1

Me 410

Ar 234

He 177

Do 217

Ta 152

If real night fighting with backseat radar operation was simulated as part of this games plan then I would opt for  He 219 and

Ju 88G in 4th and 5th spots. Of course we would then need contemporary allied night fighting opponents

:salute:

Skud

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Fw-189 - recon aircraft with mass appeal and a chance to be a real first in flight simulation

Depends on your definition for flight simulation, as it was implemented in the HSFX Mod for 1946. In the Add on 'World War II' you could fly one mission with it.

1 hour ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Bf 109G10 and Ju87B + Ju87D-5

I think that you misread the original post. :unsure: Besides, I'd be looking forward to 5 kills in a Komet or Salamander videos from you :biggrin:. Even better, '5 kills in a Fieseler Storch'!

Edited by Red_Cat

I am a bit disappointed that the ta152 isnt that much desired.
And in defence of one of the most beautyful planes of ww2: hell, noo! The ta152 is not just another variant of the Fw190Dora 🤨

Edited by PicksKing
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, PicksKing said:

I am a bit disappointed that the ta152 isnt that much desired.
And in defence of one of the most beautyful planes of ww2: hell, noo! The ta152 is not just another variant of the Fw190Dora 🤨

Get away. Of course it was. It was a development of the Fw190 designed to counteract US bombers where the existing D variants were having trouble.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Red_Cat said:

I think that you misread the original post. :unsure: Besides, I'd be looking forward to 5 kills in a Komet or Salamander videos from you :biggrin:. Even better, '5 kills in a Fieseler Storch'!

Oh upsi. 😄😅

Okay then i will add something useful, no Jets in this game anymore, please. I think 1 jet plane is enough to bring the game's multiplayer balance into trouble(yes, the game is not only multiplayer but singleplayer is boring and flying a jet is boring as well) Any propeller plane is applying my fighter pilot soul way more than any jet could. Especially that IL-2 is the only flight sim that gets propeller dogfights right and now you want to switch to jets? 😮

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

hm... that's a good question but considering the way Luftwaffe was organised. there is not much more plane to cover if you don't count on prototypes and Wünderwaffen...

anyway, here is my list

- DO-335! that was a BEAST and so out of the box design wise

- He 177 for the same reason engine wise

- He 162 I always found the volksjager so cute, and really interesting

- Ar234 to have a nice fast bomber

- He219 but we will have to have a nice radar implementation for night mission... so... but this might be one of the most gracefull beast you can find

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd be happy if I could find a server with a good ping where the 262 is more welcome lol. I love it as a bomber. Really rare to find one to hop into online though. Hopefully we will see a few more appear when the Tempest is released, but by then, I'll be wanting to take that for a spin lol.

I would like to see the hs123 since it was so numerous and played such a major role as a ground attack aircraft.  It would make a nice collector's plane since it doesn't necessarily tie into any specific battle or time frame.  Same with the Storch and possibly the fw189.

The rest are a mix of wunderweapons, night fighters and bombers that aren't really in place yet but might make for a good X in the BoX tradition.  Like a Dambusters or Battle over Berlin pack that could also introduce heavy bombers for them to destroy.  Having something like the me410 right now would be kind of pointless.

• Upvote 1

Okay then i will add something useful, no Jets in this game anymore, please. I think 1 jet plane is enough to bring the game's multiplayer balance into trouble(yes, the game is not only multiplayer but singleplayer is boring and flying a jet is boring as well) Any propeller plane is applying my fighter pilot soul way more than any jet could. Especially that IL-2 is the only flight sim that gets propeller dogfights right and now you want to switch to jets? 😮

You could put in a Meteor, which is kind of historical and it woud restore balance quite a lot.

I do agree on the focus on the props, though.

6 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

BTW the Ta152 is just a further development of the FW190 Dora, just now named after the developer Kurt Tank instead of the heads of the company Heinrich Focke and Georg Wulf.

That is not corect. It's a new aircraft that borrows alot of design-features from the 190.

It's more than just another stretch of the 190, though.

• Like 1

singleplayer is boring and flying a jet is boring as well

No way! Its absolutely amazing experience

These would be great...

1060923941_Me410.jpg.f0404c44e61dc0f693370849e46383e6.jpg

04294_FockeWulf_Fw_189_A-1.jpg

1366x768_fieseler-storch.thumb.jpg.ea87f0b10eca3176ab907871dfaedbb5.jpg

However, this would be so much better ;)

ec6f9077c978cd09fac0243d5d956113.thumb.jpg.cc94e2376428ff0bc1b92ceaaa671493.jpg

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
Edit to photos
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

agreed, i'd take all three

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

That is not corect. It's a new aircraft that borrows alot of design-features from the 190.

It's more than just another stretch of the 190, though.

It is as much a 190 as the Dora after the Antons. The step from the Anton to the Dora, with even a completely different engine design is certainly not smaller than the step from the Dora to the Ta. Just two large steps in development.

All the above would be great.

But first things first:

1: The early war Do17 and the later Do 217.

2: The Storch.

Can't imagine a Luftwaffe without either.

And 3: A Kubelwagen.

No 'Kubel', no Wehrmacht.

He 112 B (used by Romanians in the Battle for Moscow)

Fi 156

Hs 123 (iconic for the pre - and early war period)

He 162 (unlike historical accounts regarding bad build quality suggest, this is a really nice aircraft and fun to fly)

Bü 181 Panzerjäger mit Panzerfaust

ec1bf73b869aa1aade5a2e8c8728166c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Not directly a Luftwaffe plane but you could put it into the Axis lineup easily.

f2a-9.jpg

Did the Germans operate these at all?  Not that I wouldn't LOVE it for both sides....  I'm aware the Finns operated them along with some early war French and British imports... Any would be welcome additions in my book, but back to the original question:. Which five German planes would I like to see?

Mc200 (not German, I know)

He 219

He 162

Fw189

Ju88 C4 (yup, variant)

A nightfighter with working Liechtenstein radar (if I have the name correct, the planes with the antenna array on the nose)

For the rest no clue. I have to recover first and am in need for professional mental help because I just found out I love the spitfire Mk IX more as my beloved German planes

Edit: a waterplane would be cool

Edited by pa4tim

FFS what's wrong with you people - we need float planes!!!

Arado AR196

Do-24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Not directly a Luftwaffe plane but you could put it into the Axis lineup easily.

Or the Brits/ Dutch in South East Asia - which would be more appealing to me than frosty/ mosquito-infested Finnland.

35 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

It is as much a 190 as the Dora after the Antons. The step from the Anton to the Dora, with even a completely different engine design is certainly not smaller than the step from the Dora to the Ta. Just two large steps in development.

The Ta 152 was designed (read: concieved) before the Dora.

• Like 1