Sign in to follow this  
tankxsx

Berlin Next Please

most bombing in italy was done by fighter bombers or medium bombers, b17s and b24s mostly just took of from bases in italy to bomb targets in germany, only early when they were based in africa they bombed targets in italy, but thouse maps are to big, so for maps of 400-500km medium bombers that work good in game are right fit for italy campaigns

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, AndytotheD said:

What time frame are we looking at? Cause these two saw almost no service after December 1944, except in the tactical and strategic reconnaissance roles (which it's questionable if they flew regularly at all) and the 162 only saw service in April 1945 (More Ta 152s saw service than He 162s)

With a ~400 km map width, probably end of January 1945 to end of the war.

I know that the Ju 188 and Me 410 were used in reconnaissance roles and they could also be used for that. I would prefer if they wouldn't be restricted to reconnaissance though. I would rather have a "what if" scenario for those two planes, if that prevents adding more 190/109 variants instead. That's debatable i guess, but we have similar scenarios already. And it probably wouldn't hurt anyone if the Ju 188 would be used as a bomber. You don't have to use it like that, same way you don't have to fly a Fw 190 during BoS. The Bf 109 K-4 probably never bombed anything either.

I think the He 162 would be more interesting than the Ta 152 as a collector plane, which is basically just another Fw 190 variant. And then you would have 3 Fw 190s as collector planes, two of those are very similar atleast for a BoBP and Berlin scenario. And we just got a planeset with 1 Fw 190 + 1 Collector Fw 190, so i wouldn't want to get the same thing again. But of course that's a matter of opinion.

Also a Battle of Berlin expansion is not the expansion i would be looking forward to the most (probably in the Top 4 or so, i think the should do MTO or PTO instead), but i think it would be very doable and sucessful and i would prefer it to a number of other suggestions that have been brought up.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Matt said:

.....if that prevents adding more 190/109 variants instead....

I think the He 162 would be more interesting than the Ta 152 as a collector plane, which is basically just another Fw 190 variant. .....And then you would have 3 Fw 190s as collector planes, two of those are very similar atleast for a BoBP and Berlin scenario. And we just got a planeset with 1 Fw 190 + 1 Collector Fw 190, so i wouldn't want to get the same thing again. But of course that's a matter of opinion.

Seems like someone doesn't appreciate the wurger here, 
It's time to call the Wurger-brigade and bring some Wulf-Love , Let's show the A6 elegance, the A9 brutality and the 152's supremacy.
@Cujo_1970 , bring the bat and the chains and let's force some Wurger love here....

:acute:

Edited by JV69badatflyski

On 7/11/2019 at 12:09 AM, 77.CountZero said:

Hungaians had Bf-109G10s, Bf-109G6 with GM-1, Me-210Ca1s and hungarian build Re.2000 so it can be 4x4 and small map, i like that map in Il-2 online missions usealy had airstarts for american airplanes also.

No Re.2000, or better, license built MAVAG Heja I/II in service in march 1945.

Me-210, some left in fast bomber squdrons (102/1 or 102/2) dont have the numbers. Retreated to Austria with rest of 6.Panzer Armee, destroing remaining messers there before capitulation. Luftflotte IV itself had only about 19 Me-210 in their november 1944 roster. Production stopped in mid 1944 in Hungary. Factory switched to Me-109.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:11 PM, 77.CountZero said:

Late war Italy campaign starting with Gothic line push in late 1944 and continuing into 1945 would offer interesting stuff for axis:

Axis: G.55 Serie I , MC.205V Serie III , Bf-109G-10 , Me-410B-3 (or Do-217J ), Ar-234B-2
Allieds: P-39Q-20 , P-47D-30 ( or P-47D-22, or P-51C-10/Mustang III ) , Spitfire Mk.VIII , B-26G-5 ( or Mosquito NF MK.XIX ) , B-25J-15 ( or just B-25D from bobp made flyable )

Hide contents

10sg01d.jpg

And you can use Fw-190F8, Bf-109G6, P-51D-15, P-47D-28, Spitfire Mk.IXe, P-38J already in game, also as its late war no need for navy actions, and map would not be flat like rest.

Hope all the Saints in IL2 GB paradise can hear you !!