Ouky1991

Mod request - slower "burning/smoking" animation

Could anyone make the smoke rise slower please? Original animation looks sped up.

Slowed to 1/4 of the speed, It looks like something big is on fire, more realistic I think.

Original:

giphy.gif

1/4 speed in game:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Upvote 19

When you show it like that it really does make a big difference.

I have no idea if this is modable and wouldn't mess up burning engine while flying for example. Should I rather post this as suggestion to devs? I don't expect this would be priority though.

Maybe this issue is something to put into the suggestion section.

57 minutes ago, PicksKing said:

Maybe this issue is something to put into the suggestion section.

Done. But If someone could make this work as mod, I would appreciate it 3000.

@LizLemon

Any progress on this mod? I know you are busy with the 4k cockpit textures, but this would be so cool to see in game.

Best regards

fubar

On 7/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, LizLemon said:

Give me a mission with ships on fire to test.

You can probably just test any mission with the smoke effects on the ground. No need to make a ship burn right?

it happens with clouds too. I was wondering why wispy clouds looks so odd up close, almost like smoke, it's partially because they're too fast.
I wonder if it's a global variable, and if it was deliberately set to faster than real life so that everything looks more 'alive.'

13 hours ago, von_Michelstamm said:

it happens with clouds too. I was wondering why wispy clouds looks so odd up close, almost like smoke, it's partially because they're too fast.
I wonder if it's a global variable, and if it was deliberately set to faster than real life so that everything looks more 'alive.'

And artillery on Stalingrad map looks extreamly unrealistic as well. If you think about how high those particle effects go after explosion, It's ridiculous. Like small nuclear bomb.

I agree they probably wanted to make everything more visible but for me it actually ruins otherwise great simulation on reality. This needs to be fixed.