silverstone08

best single player campaign aircraft?

hello everyone
so with the sales on and me looking to purchase some new aircraft and get back into flying single player campaign what in your opinions are the best axis and allied aircraft for each campaign and why? this should be only the aircraft you recommend for single player not in a multiplayer environment and can be a specail edition aircraft but must not be modded to be used in a campaign 9so no bodenplatte aircraft till their campaign is out). 

JU 52 - 3 engines and slow enough to lap up the scenery - usually fly solo sorties, so no need to worry about your place in the formation.

Po-2 Bi Planes in Kuban, join the night witches on their long night / twilight sorties to harass the enemy while they sleep.

109 G6, beautiful to fly, and even standard ammo packs a punch, if you feel the temptation on a bomber intercept to kit yourself out with a 30mm, then why not succumb to some of that 30mm goodness.

spit V. On nominal settings she's slower than her counterparts in Kuban, but she is a spit, and she is beautiful. When you need the power, she'll accelerate making you a pain in the arse to foe's without enough energy advantage.

LA5 can't remember off the top of my head which La5 was the collector plane, but you should get it if you want to catch those pesky 109's before they get away.

190 A3 Fast, Agile, and deadly in your competent hands. If you need to disengage, shallow dive toward the deck, and nothing will catch you.

yak 1b rear view mirror, and very competent dogfighter

MC202 unique bird, interesting to fly, deadly in the right hands. took me ages to discover where the fuel gauge was inspite of many people who tried to tell me. 

P40 No governor to restrict Manifold Pressure. Be easy on the throttle and pay attention to your Manifold Pressure, or risk blowing your engine particularly at low altitudes. Once you master her though, you may find the odds are more even against your peers.

To sum up then, you should buy all of them. Even the ones I am bound to have missed. :)

I'm a big 190 fan.  Flies both fighter and ground attack so it's a fun campaign.  The A has always been my favorite WWII plane.  It's a fun challenge to learn to fly it properly.  I am still very much learning (it bites me pretty often) but when you are doing it right the slash/accelerate/slash style is a lot of fun.

The PO2, Hs129 and Ju52 are all a completely different experience.  What you get from them depends on whether that is the experience you want.  The Ju52 is just a really nice cruising plane.

If you want to fly Russian the La5 and La5N are top notch planes.

IL 2 seadragons

A 20 Havoc over kuban

I guess all scripted campaign you can buy are good. They say awful lot of good about fighter campaigns I never tried

All planes can be fun in carreer - but if you are looking for a superior plane: BF 109 F4 - anyone can outfight any AI plane in BoM and BoS in that beauty. If you are looking for a challenge: BF 109 E7, you'll have a hard time successfully doing Schlachtflieger-missions and coming back alive when MiGs start dancing around you :)

Another campaign favorite: Bf 110.  Lots of fun ground pounding, great interceptor, and very challenging in fighter-fighter combat.

Honestly, I think you need to qualify what you personally are looking for because there are a number of ways a person could answer - ease of flight, OP'ness, challenge, mission type, etc. etc. etc. ...and nobody can be you. I recommend you either pick a plane that you yourself are interested in (or that brings a smile to your face as you think about it) - and learn to fly it, or try a number of different ones yourself giving a lot a chance - and shortlisting from that based upon what your style is, what seems best fit to you personally and flight style - tempered by planes you are interested in. :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, silverstone08 said:

what in your opinions are the best axis and allied aircraft for each campaign and why?

Define "best". Are you looking for the highest chance of surviving through the campaign? Are you looking for an aircraft that's gonna give you the most challenging career?

Cutting philosophy short, red side: IL-2, blue side: Fw 190.

I agree with the ones who say the best SP plane is personal preference.

Personally I LOVE to fly the Yak s.69 in SP, but a bomber lover wont like it.

I'mma plug for the 'forgotten child' of Kuban, the Yak-7b. 

The FM on this thing is beautiful. She handles like an absolute dream, and you have significantly more punch than the 1 or 1b thanks to the additional 12.7mm.

Id argue a 109 or Il2. Why?  Theyre in every single theater of every campaign or career we have.

Thats the only reason.

If i had to pick a model Id say a 109 F4 or G2 because the F4 will csrry Moscow Stalingrad even thru perhaps Kuban.  G2s Stalingrad and Kuban.

Trickier with Il2s but..

Otherwise its personal preference.

As far as fun?

Ive had a ball (always play iron man) as a p40 pilot defending Moscow. I literally yelled "nooooo" when I caught fire at 300 ft agl.

Mc202 in Moscow. I didnt expect to loke the plane so much.

Yak7B in Kuban.  That plane is so underloved.

La5FN in Kuban. You omly get a month of joy.. But youre a terror to the Germans