PatrickAWlson

Me 262 Campaign Anyone?

Get it here

PWCG Alpha has now got the 262.  One bomber squadron starting in Oct 1944 and a fighter career starting in Feb 1945.  

- Start with KG53 on 10/1/1944 as an attack career

- Start with JV44 on 2/1/1945 as a fighter career

To really make the fighter career it reach its potential I am going to have to 

a) wait for the B25

b) write some specialized mission generation code

c) hope that 1C does some 262 specific AI changes.

but you can fly it now.  The attack career should be fine as is.  I did play a fighter mission and it was fun.  Got into a scrap with a bunch of P47s and took out two.  One by opening fire at 600 meters and the other in a head on.  AI turns too much with the 262 but they still were not getting slaughtered, at least in that one mission. 

Little AI cheat - it looks like the AI breaks  when you get within 600 yards, so if you fire a bit outside of that  you can walk the 4x30s into the target.

• Thanks 6

Sweet, thanks Patrick. I was flying PWCG ground attack missions in the P47 for about half the day today, and wondering about the possibility of a Jabo campaign in the 262. I will give it a roll tomorrow. Just so happens I am on vacation and have nothing better to do (except housework which I am avoiding). 🤫

13 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG Alpha has now got the 262.  One bomber squadron starting in Oct 1944 and a fighter career starting in Feb 1945.  

- Start with KG53 on 10/1/1944 as an attack career

Hello Pat, could you walk me through how to install your work into 1C, (what folders it goes in) ?  I've never added any extra campaign's into 1C. You do fabulous work! Thanks.

51 minutes ago, reddog=11blueleader* said:

Hello Pat, could you walk me through how to install your work into 1C, (what folders it goes in) ?  I've never added any extra campaign's into 1C. You do fabulous work! Thanks.

Mainfolder. PWCG will then create missions, which you will find in your game's Mission directory.

45 minutes ago, reddog=11blueleader* said:

See 

and 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I like your style

Hi All, I have been flying Pat's campaign for sometime so i have just upgraded to PWCG version 5.1.3 with the intention of flying the Me 262 which i understand is now installed in the updated version ? I am selecting German Campaign/Bodenplatte/1944 and either Attack or fighter, but i can not find any reference to the 262. Pat suggests KG53 [attack] or JV44 [fighter]

2-1-45   i have been through the date selections and there is no 1945 or neither staffel .   So must be doing something wrong ?    help would be appreciated.  Cheers.  

35 minutes ago, taffy2jeffmorgan said:

Hi All, I have been flying Pat's campaign for sometime so i have just upgraded to PWCG version 5.1.3 with the intention of flying the Me 262 which i understand is now installed in the updated version ? I am selecting German Campaign/Bodenplatte/1944 and either Attack or fighter, but i can not find any reference to the 262. Pat suggests KG53 [attack] or JV44 [fighter]

2-1-45   i have been through the date selections and there is no 1945 or neither staffel .   So must be doing something wrong ?    help would be appreciated.  Cheers.  

Hi, you Need to use the last Alpha Version. Link is in Pats post above.

@taffy2jeffmorgan when you are on Patrick's Download side, don't download PWCG on top of the side, but below PWCG skins and PWCG music there is the PWCG alpha, you want to download.

Thank you very much for that Pat.

Just one question left for me:

I've installed and playing actual PWCG 5.1.3.

So do I need to uninstall PWCG 5.1.3 now and do a new install of PWCG Alpha?

Or will the install of PWCG Alpha update my 5.1.3 installation?

Thank you in advance.

I'm just about ready to skip 6.0 Beta and go straight to 6.0.  Over the course of the weekend I have got to all of the bug reports.  Still improvements to be made (different from bugs) but they will come.  I have one bug in coop mission generation that I have to fix (for the curious, it's not game breaking: if the host does not have a pilot in the mission the mission will fail to create).  

• Upvote 1

I couldn't seem to be able to create co-op pilots, whenever I tried to add one it said user exists or something like that

I flew three missions. And everything works as it should be. It is a great pleasure to work with PWCG. It's a magnificent tool. Thank you for sharing it with us.

2 hours ago, Grancesc said:

I flew three missions. And everything works as it should be. It is a great pleasure to work with PWCG. It's a magnificent tool. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Which campaign did you fly, fighter or fighter bomber?

Did you use the Cold Start option, and if so, did the AI have issues with taxing to the runway?

19 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Did you use the Cold Start option, and if so, did the AI have issues with taxing to the runway?

I flew fighter bomber missions. No need to taxing since I started from the runway. I don't have much free time in the comming days butI shall try a mission where I have to taxi.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, Yogiflight said:

I flew a fighter bomber missions with a cold start. AI wingman start the turbines correctly and begin taxing. On the way they make brusque maneuvers. Arrived at the runway, they fail to start and crash.

33 minutes ago, Grancesc said:

I flew a fighter bomber missions with a cold start. AI wingman start the turbines correctly and begin taxing. On the way they make brusque maneuvers. Arrived at the runway, they fail to start and crash.

Sounds very familiar to me. Murleen wanted to have a look at it. that was the reason, why I asked you, as I didn't read anything about this issue and wanted to know, if it only happens to me. So I will wait until it is fixed before I'll take the Schwalbe out of the hangar again. Thanks for your answers.