Sign in to follow this  
=RvE=Windmills

190 A8 doesn't seem to last as long in emergency as manual indicates

Posted (edited)

Was testing the boost limits to make sure I was using it right, but I'm getting only about 7 minutes of emergency with the boost on. I thought it was not properly activating, but this is noticeably longer than the 3 minutes without the 'extra boost' but not the 10 minutes the manual claims.

Can anyone verify this? I've tested it with the 8x time compression if that matters.

Also, if this isn't the right forum feel free to move it, not sure where else this would fit.

Edited by =RvE=Windmills

It depends on altitude and manifold pressure but you get 10 mn for sure on supercharger 2 between 2700 and 5500 m...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

It depends on altitude and manifold pressure but you get 10 mn for sure on supercharger 2 between 2700 and 5500 m...

Gotcha, yeah I was testing at lower altitudes than that.

problem on 190a8 is when you use boost and after 10min stop and go on combat youll run out of combat in 15min, so you dont have 30min of combat like manual spec say "Combat power (up to 30 minutes): 2400 RPM, 1.32 ata" you have only 10+15=25min, and if you dont see message abut your timer expired (only show up if instrument panle is on) you think you have 10+20=30, you brake engine then.

• Upvote 1

Anyway the A8 is too slow if you use combat mode in combat versus modern allies fighter especially La-5FN

So the secret is to use boost in combat and continous mode to recover it when not fighting