Oyster_KAI

[MOD] P-40E cockpit repaint (2K-4K)

Very nice comparison shots. Would love to see the finished product, and eventually every plane upgraded by the devs (when they have time).

We do not have time to convert all our cockpits to 4K so this kind of work is your best shot.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

We do not have time to convert all our cockpits to 4K so this kind of work is your best shot.

Jason

Thanks for letting us know!

To be honest i'd be more excited about what the great Petrovich and those epic 3d modelers can pull out of their sleeves I've rarely seen 3d models be so true to real life in any game and that includes the tanks. :drink2:

Thanks for the 4K external skins this is already incredibly refreshing for me as a long time pilot who started before BoM came out. Do we have any chance to see Russian planes converted to 4k? These wonders of wood don't seem to get the attention they deserve but sadly most skinners are more interested in those fancy German camos which are so well documented.

Thanks again and have a good day!

4 hours ago, 76IAP-Black said:

Can this mod be later integrated into the game by 777 as an update?

Was wondering the same thing. If the community creates some good 4k cockpit textures I think it'd be a good idea to make them an official addition to the game.

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, Legioneod said:

Was wondering the same thing. If the community creates some good 4k cockpit textures I think it'd be a good idea to make them an official addition to the game.

I second this motion! 

On 9/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

But will it come someday? Why not let the community to do it? Like people do with skins, then you can review it, I know a lot of passioned people that would love to do the task. Please :)

Edited by SJ_Butcher

26 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Why not let the community to do it? Like people do with skins, then you can review it, I know a lot of passioned people that would love to do the task. Please

It's a liability.

A community submission could use copyrighted material that could get 1C/777 into trouble.

A community submission might result in the author trying to claim rights to the work. This has happened to other companies in the recent past.

Because the community  spans many different countries, 1C/777 may fall foul of laws they are not aware of in other countries. Contracts and NDAs are harder to write and much harder to enforce.

It takes time.

A professional working for 1C/777 will, for the most part, do his own quality control and perhaps his own integration/version control. Because he has been working with the team for some time, he will know what is expected of his work and will not need guidance on style or technical details. None of this is the case with a community submission. It may even take longer to get a community submission into the game than it would to simply make the asset in-house.

It's unreliable.

Community projects and tight deadlines don't mix well.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but there are reasons not to.

• Upvote 1