Sign in to follow this  
6./ZG26_Loke

TrackIR and G-force?

After getting back to use TrackIR, I've had the Challenge, that when I try to pursuit someone in a hard turn. I get about 20cm or more shorter, which makes it impossible to, not only follow, but certainly also to aim and shoot.

This screenshot in not showing the worst, but still show it pretty well. Is there a way to correct that? It is hardly realistic that someone should get that much pushed down into ones seat. 
Not using TrackIR, it does not happen.

2019_7_6__12_43_45.jpg

There is a issue of "sinking to seat" with trackir. Naturalpoint (trackir developer) confirmed this bug and said they are working on it. But that was months ago when they said this to me. I've switched to edtracker...

But as a fix you can disable trackir y-axis or try to minimize the bug by editing trackir curves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

After getting back to use TrackIR, I've had the Challenge, that when I try to pursuit someone in a hard turn. I get about 20cm or more shorter, which makes it impossible to, not only follow, but certainly also to aim and shoot.

This screenshot in not showing the worst, but still show it pretty well. Is there a way to correct that? It is hardly realistic that someone should get that much pushed down into ones seat. 
Not using TrackIR, it does not happen.

2019_7_6__12_43_45.jpg

What do you mean? Without changing your head position? I've never seen this!

Edited by J2_Bidu

What I mean is pretty obvious, I believe. 

When you are in a tight turn, your view sink as shown above, but only when using TrackIR. If I don't use TrackIR, it does not happen. 

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

When you are in a tight turn, your view sink as shown above, but only when using TrackIR. If I don't use TrackIR, it does not happen. 

I'll have to check that tomorrow. It is true I don't have TrackIR, rather the DelanClip + FaceTrackNoIR, and my camera is on the bottom, not above the monitor.

I'm pretty sure I would have noticed such a weird behavior if I had it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

Fully confirmed, same here - a high-G-manoeuvre > 1 sec and I'm sinking down the seat - sudden rubber spine disease. I'm wasting a precious button on the joystick to re-center the view quickly. But doesn't help sometimes. Driving me mad! I missed so many snapshot-occasions just because of that. Keeping the opponent in sight, getting him back in front of the nose and then the reticle is far out of center or even completely out of view ... :o::joy::dash:

• Upvote 1

this might be a bit late.  but another post on this forum says to disable Trueview on your track ir profile..  little check box..  

I had this problem too..  it completely solves the issue.  if you do not like the GeForce effect. you can get rid of it totally by removing the Z axis from your track ir profile.  and just set the zoom view to a slider or buttons on your hotas..  this will keep the aimimg crosshair in the window at all times... 

but the disabling the True view function stops you from sinking in to your seat

• Thanks 1

You know this has been added to the game, g-forced move your head around now in the cockpit. They have really ramped it up, I think it's a great addition. Your head wouldn't be glued in one position when pulling a serious g load. The trackir isn't bugged, it's a game feature.

My problem was with trackir that the view sinked and didn't return to normal without a little nod like movement. Happened also when flying level. I'd say there is a bug with trackir. There is also game feature of head moving when manouvering but no problem there.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, JonRedcorn said:

You know this has been added to the game, g-forced move your head around now in the cockpit. They have really ramped it up, I think it's a great addition. Your head wouldn't be glued in one position when pulling a serious g load. The trackir isn't bugged, it's a game feature.

Would be acceptable to me if my original position would recover after that g-force-impact - but it doesn't. I have to re-center manually.
  Not sure with that realism-aspect, too. I very much doubt a pilot in combat situation would sink down in the seat the way it's presented now. He'll keep the gun-sight in center view using all his power not to miss the very moment to shoot. Difficult to say how much g is needed to activate the effect in IL2-BoX. I'd say too early and too much.

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 12:32 PM, JonRedcorn said:

Yes I understand this, and its a nice addition.  But with TIR5 because of the head sinking problem when trueview is enabled, you are no longer re-centred when back to normal flight. so you would always have to re-centre every few mins.  

but disabling true view solves this.  so for me the g-force is no longer an issue, and with true view disabled I now re-centre automatically after the g-forces have ceased.  

On 8/1/2019 at 10:03 PM, Retnek said:

Would be acceptable to me if my original position would recover after that g-force-impact - but it doesn't. I have to re-center manually.
  Not sure with that realism-aspect, too. I very much doubt a pilot in combat situation would sink down in the seat the way it's presented now. He'll keep the gun-sight in center view using all his power not to miss the very moment to shoot. Difficult to say how much g is needed to activate the effect in IL2-BoX. I'd say too early and too much.

did you try to disable the Trueview, in your trackir profile??

Edited by rdalcroft
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, rdalcroft said:

but disabling true view solves this.  so for me the g-force is no longer an issue, and with true view disabled I now re-centre automatically after the g-forces have ceased.  

did you try to disable the Trueview, in your trackir profile??

Thanks for the hint - I finally found that feature and check it out right now!

6 hours ago, Nocke said:

disabling trueview makes looking backwards awkward

That's definitely true - and sad, because without trueview the g-force-effect is gone, too. But as you say it - without "trueview" I'm too limited to check six. So that's a no-go.

This is one of the reasons I got Edtracker and have not used TrackIr anymore

On 9/25/2019 at 6:40 PM, [GDG]Andreher said:

Hi guys, so no real fix for this?

Unfortunately it looks like software support for TrackIR was dropped years ago. Last update was from 2016... I have this problem too, disabled Trueview a while ago and got used to it.

Maybe we can use OpenTrack instead of NaturalPoint software?